HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:51 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,785 Posts
starting detale

OK I am now starting the detale . All of the sanding is mostly done now . Detale then one more coat of primer a little sanding then Paint . Still thinking on that one. eather army green of Desert tan? Wont know untill I cross that bridge but still a job in progress. DON
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:46 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,785 Posts
NEW UP date

WEll for the last couple of days The weather has been ok for outside paint work. So I put on the last coat today of primer lighty sanded it and was gong for Paint in the morning . BUT I still have one more idea maybe doing the inside of it if I can fne some good inside shots of it . WILL have to wait for a few days now weather is going to get bad again. Maybe by the weeken I may be able to get some paint.??
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:41 PM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,348 Posts
Looking good so far Don!
Glacier Girl is offline Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:46 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,785 Posts
Ya I had a feeling you may like it. Thanks I would have done some more Paint work but WE got good old Oregon and I cant belive I am going to say this;-) . I am happy to see it after the ice box we had been in for the last couple of weeks. Ya I know in a few days I will be tired of it as well O well at least I will get back my web feet ;-))
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:50 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,785 Posts
NO new up dates at all. Did not even work on it . Had other things going on today. Will get back to it soon.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:33 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,785 Posts
I have finely got some paint on the tank last night now doing some more detale will be showing it soon. came out better then I was thinking it would. At least that is what I think but we all feel that way with a new tank that we work over.;-)) DON
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:17 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,785 Posts
NOW with the paint work out of the way now I can have the real fun Detale work. JUST starting that one tonight.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:16 AM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,348 Posts
I thought you were going to paint it blue.

Looks great !
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:01 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,785 Posts
HELLO GG.
I was debating on color eather the green or tan. Since I had some of my army green left and had to use it and my other 2 are the army I decided to go with it . All most went with the Tan but decided the other way. I had the green any way and it would cost me to go out and get a can of the tan. THEN I would have use it once that would have been it . So I was better off to the green to match everthing elest. Thanks glad you like it . I still have some detale I plan on adding. THE Como is from my head and a few ideas I saw on the other boards. When It comes to como It usely comes from ideas and what I think may look right.
OK thanks DON
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:58 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,785 Posts
Well for the most part the M 113 is done and I have more onto a new tank and project. NOW she is ready for duity.;-)) IT seems everytime I get into a tank project I allways learn something and that is part of the fun . I fine that in all of the hobbies I get into . DON
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:27 PM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,348 Posts
Don, here's some good shots of the interior.

http://afvdb.50megs.com/usa/pics/m113.html
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:10 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,785 Posts
HEY that works . I am working on it now and was wondering what the drivers area look like . I have a distance sot of it but nothing like what your showing SO A BIG THANK YOU !!! TO YOU AGAIN .!! DON
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:30 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,785 Posts
went back to it

Well I decided to finish it off the way I had been thinking about but was not ready to go back untill last night . So I had the room and I wanted to jump back in and do the inside. OK this is something I had never done befor . So I just went for it . So she is now a project in building again.

I needed do this for I have a boat that I told a buddy of mind i would do for him as a static not RC. a 22 ft firber foam cruser so this is giving me some ideas on how to set his up later . So I will be doing one more boat that I neve realy had plans of getting back into building . I guess I cant stay dry dock to long ;-) OK enjoy. I will finish this project befor I jump into this boat. Enjoy DON
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:48 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,785 Posts
i relook over that sight you set me up with YES I will say it again those are going to come in very handy soon. NOW I see there were different ways the insides were set up from what I was working with compaird to what you show me now . I think I will go with some of those ideas thanks again. DON
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:01 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,785 Posts
I do have one queston the floor was that dimein plate or silver painted floor for the picture I was working from showed a wooden floot with slates that is why I did mind that way. I have all ready clean it up the areas that needed filling and planing on painting it .
NOW I am not sure on witch way to go with dealing with the floor in the center ? i will have to think about it now?

BY the way GG do you know what a fiber foam Baha 22 ft crusier is ? Now that will be my next project in 135 th scale . I will be useing the lindburg PT 109 hull and doing some changing to it alone.
I have done things like in the pass so it dose not bother me at all..
Seems like when I think am finely done and away from my dry dock for some reason I end up going back;-) sooner or later for a reason.?

OK this is why I am trying to learn how to the insidesof the tank for I will have to add the insides to this Boat and the real one is 22 ft. with inboard . Allways wanted to do something like this but never had a real good reason to so. NOW I have one.
BUT it is for a good buddy of ours and our Computer repair person and HE has been more then fair to us . HE has the real one with a . tarp over it in his side yard.

I will send you pictrures of it when I start on it soon. so what I learn from doing the tank will help me with this next project.. I guess I cant get away from boats and ships
O well ;-)) I dont mind that has allways been my real love in the RC world . I am liking the tanks just as good they are diffenent and intresting and I am learning something new all of the time. and having fun and that is what hobbys are for. IF you dont like what your doing that is the time to get out at least that is how I feel any way.
DON

OK sorry for going off subject but I think it will be ok with the person that
started this sight;-)) DON
Last edited by Rustbucket; Jan 31, 2013 at 01:13 AM.