SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:51 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhenderson View Post
Like what?
The Goblin uses a belt reduction gear drive box that allows for a more powerful setup and higher head speeds than another heli of the same class would typically be able to handle. There is no motor pinion directly connected to the main gear to strip out like on a regular heli.

This is why the Goblin 630 runs power setups that are typically found in a 700 class heli. It's also why they can run very high head speeds typically not used on other similar sized helis. Bottom line is they are built for massive power and hard 3D smack flying without tearing themselves apart.

You can also drop a 1000HP V8 motor into any automobile that was originally equipped with a V8, but it will destroy itself if nothing else is modified. The Goblin is a modified design to allow for bigger power for those who want it.

Check this 630 vid out and you will hear the pilot switch into a very high headpseed 30 seconds in. The 630 is about the same size as many 700 helis, yet it can move like a 450 on crack with the amount of power they have. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ZkcQh...%3DZkcQh-QnQrA
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Last edited by Xrayted; Jan 24, 2013 at 04:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:55 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
Marketing, design and functionality.... Goblin is very smart in how they are going about it.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:56 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
I'd still like to know/see one maneuver the Goblin 500 can do that something like the 500/550X can't. Sure, the Goblin can probably do it faster and harder, but it's still the same maneuver. Is there such a thing as an established maneuver with a name like this where the Goblin can do it and virtually nothing else in the same size class can't?
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:02 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,739 Posts
Carefull guys...Your debating with a guy who does not believe a 450 can do a 3d move on a 20c battery.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Carefull guys...Your debating with a guy who does not believe a 450 can do a 3d move on a 20c battery.
Who me? I never said that. Of course it can. Flips don't require much power at all.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:08 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
I'd still like to know/see one maneuver the Goblin 500 can do that something like the 500/550X can't. Sure, the Goblin can probably do it faster and harder, but it's still the same maneuver. Is there such a thing as an established maneuver with a name like this where the Goblin can do it and virtually nothing else in the same size class can't?
No, but that's not the point. Of course you can fly "easy" 3D with any capable heli, even at very low headpseeds. Or you can tear it apart with a beast like the Goblin. No one ever said the Goblin can do any particular 3D move that another same sized heli wouldnt be able to do in capable hands. The Goblin will do it faster, and more cleanly because of its power. It all depends on what you are after and what you need your heli to do.

Once again with a car analogy........a 1000HP dragster vs 1970 VW Beetle. Both will run the 1/4 mile and complete it. You tell me which one will get there first and which one would be the most fun doing it?
Does it mean the race car serves no purpose because the VW can still accomplish the same task?
Last edited by Xrayted; Jan 24, 2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
No one ever said the Goblin can do any particular 3D move that another same sized heli wouldnt be able to do in capable hands.
Indoorheli did on the last page. He specifically mentioned extreme maneuvers. I'd like to see just one of those that the helis I mentioned cannot do in any fashion.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:27 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Indoorheli did on the last page. He specifically mentioned extreme maneuvers. I'd like to see just one of those that the helis I mentioned cannot do in any fashion.
My interpretation of what he said was that it can perform the maneuvers in a very extreme way because of its power and design. You can clearly see this comparing it to other similar sized helis. The flights are much more aggressive and cannot be matched by a Blade product of any kind as has been stated.

We just have to agree to disagree on this one

Happy flying
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
We just have to agree to disagree on this one
Agreed.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:56 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
Quote:
It sure looks cool, but there isn't a single thing that Goblin will do that the 500X won't do just as well.
Quote:
I said "extreme maneuvers that require or produce huge amounts of torque of course." I never said a 500x cant do similar moves The 500X cant do any extreme maneuvers that produce as much torque or g's like what a goblin can take, unless you want a parts heli. Hence, the 500x cant do what a goblin can do, best electronics or not the heli just isnt made to take it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:01 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I said "extreme maneuvers that require or produce huge amounts of torque of course." I never said a 500x cant do similar moves The 500X cant do any extreme maneuvers that produce as much torque or g's like what a goblin can take, unless you want a parts heli. Hence, the 500x cant do what a goblin can do, best electronics or not the heli just isnt made to take it.
Video link of said extreme maneuver, please.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:03 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
Quote:
Video link of said extreme maneuver, please.
Man, I was hoping if you never got called out you would stay normal this round...

Go search it is all over youtube, you just need to find one goblin video flown by someone that can max it out.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:05 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post

Go search it is all over youtube, you just need to find one goblin video flown by someone that can max it out
And, every Goblin video I've seen showed no maneuvers that couldn't be done with any other heli in the same size class.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:06 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
And, every Goblin video I've seen showed no maneuvers that couldn't be done with any other heli in the same size class.
Chasing tails, I never said that but you said
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Or, you could just get a Blade 500X for about half the price ready to go out the door with everything. It sure looks cool, but there isn't a single thing that Goblin will do that the 500X won't do just as well.
Thats what I was responding to
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:10 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Nice name change. Who's that you're falsely attributing? Anyone can click on the blue arrow and see the original poster.