HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:24 PM
Coaxial to CP? *shrugs*
ShaneXman's Avatar
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2011
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnovotny View Post
$760 just for airframe?
That's what http://www.goblinhobbies.co.za/ had it listed as (with a "Release Date" of February 12th and an "Arrival Date" of February 9th), but it has since been removed...

Obviously that is South America, so the exchange rate, etc. could throw our domestic MSRP wayyy off. I agree, that seems CRAZY for a 500, so here's to hoping that SAB comes down to earth a bit.

Here's the link: http://www.goblinhobbies.co.za/sab-g...red-white-kit/

Not sure why SAB is putting the kibosh on everything (pictures, release dates, pre-orders, etc.), but I can't wait to receive mine! LOL


-Shane
ShaneXman is offline Find More Posts by ShaneXman
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:53 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneXman View Post
That's what http://www.goblinhobbies.co.za/ had it listed as (with a "Release Date" of February 12th and an "Arrival Date" of February 9th), but it has since been removed...

Obviously that is South America, so the exchange rate, etc. could throw our domestic MSRP wayyy off. I agree, that seems CRAZY for a 500, so here's to hoping that SAB comes down to earth a bit.

Here's the link: http://www.goblinhobbies.co.za/sab-g...red-white-kit/

Not sure why SAB is putting the kibosh on everything (pictures, release dates, pre-orders, etc.), but I can't wait to receive mine! LOL


-Shane
It official now! Bert Kammerer says release is Feb 12th and Heli Direct is taking pre orders.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1803045
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:44 AM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
I may be crazy for saying this, but im interested in this bird even if the price is steep, what is a good reliable setup as far as electronics go? servos, esc, motor, etc
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:01 AM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Here is a possible servo list that has been put together along with a S.A.B. spec sheet with suggested parts
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:43 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
finguz's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,138 Posts
I got an email from helidirect about the Goblin 500 preorder. I clicked on the link just to check it out, and they were already sold out. Not that I was going to buy one .
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:07 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Dejavu*Xion's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
I may be crazy for saying this, but im interested in this bird even if the price is steep, what is a good reliable setup as far as electronics go? servos, esc, motor, etc
I have plans for one in a few months..Electronics i will be using.. Spektrum AR7200BX 7CH DSMX -- Align 500mx motor -- Align Ds515 cyclics x 3 -- Align ds525 tail servo --Hobbywing 80amp pro esc --6s 3000mah 40c battery .


All in all about $1,200....A bit steep for a 500. But whatever i just gotz to get me one.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:07 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Dejavu*Xion's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
I got an email from helidirect about the Goblin 500 preorder. I clicked on the link just to check it out, and they were already sold out. Not that I was going to buy one .


They are taking pre-orders a $50 down deposit.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:41 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Wait and see as to the cyclic servos I'm running in mine
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:35 PM
AMA# 548800
jombo's Avatar
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,057 Posts
Looks nice , but the price tag is too close to the 600 . If i were to spend that for the 600 , then i might as well go for their 700. But for a few bucks more i could go for their biggest bird ...... Hmmmm, i wonder if their in stock at heli direct ???
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:27 PM
Registered User
mmracecars's Avatar
United States, MI, Harrison Township
Joined Jan 2012
283 Posts
not many of any of them left,i checked
mmracecars is offline Find More Posts by mmracecars
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:01 AM
Registered User
Germany, BY, Vilsbiburg
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
Looks nice , but the price tag is too close to the 600 . If i were to spend that for the 600 , then i might as well go for their 700.
-but the missing parts (servos esc motor) are much cheaper for 500 class than for 600 helis. And with the 500 you could maybe think about indoorflying
DavidBrender is offline Find More Posts by DavidBrender
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:42 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnovotny View Post
When when they be available to the public? Looks really nice!!! do you know the price point?
Bert Kammerer posted Feb 12 on Facebook. $649US was the release price he posted, as well.

Here's the link:

http://www.goblin-helicopter.com/sho...ducts_id=23044
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:44 AM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
MaddSkillz's Avatar
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
I have plans for one in a few months..Electronics i will be using.. Spektrum AR7200BX 7CH DSMX -- Align 500mx motor -- Align Ds515 cyclics x 3 -- Align ds525 tail servo --Hobbywing 80amp pro esc --6s 3000mah 40c battery .


All in all about $1,200....A bit steep for a 500. But whatever i just gotz to get me one.
Pretty ridiculous for a 500. But, people are paying it so it works for the company. Love their helis though, but I just can't justify spending that.
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:27 PM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
Pretty ridiculous for a 500. But, people are paying it so it works for the company. Love their helis though, but I just can't justify spending that.
Thats a cheap build...i ended up going with all bushless servos and a Scorpion motor
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:40 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
finguz's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
Pretty ridiculous for a 500. But, people are paying it so it works for the company. Love their helis though, but I just can't justify spending that.
Goblins are something from above and beyond though. It's a different 'animal' all together.

I can't justify it either though... but maybe someday!
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold 600e, BeastX Gyro, Edge Blades, Goblin motor, 450 & 500 FB heads, Servos, Crash Kit crmodels Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Dec 16, 2012 09:09 PM
Discussion Not much buzz on the SAB Goblin 500 coming out soon? Virginian Mini Helis 9 Dec 10, 2012 06:35 AM
For Sale SAB Goblin Main Pulley 37T - Goblin 630/700 - $12 shipped kayvannouri Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Oct 21, 2012 03:18 PM
Sold SAB Goblin Main Pulley 37T - Goblin 630/700 - $SOLD SOLD kayvannouri Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Oct 12, 2012 11:30 AM
Sold SAB Goblin Main Pulley 37T - Goblin 630/700 - $13 shipped kayvannouri Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Oct 08, 2012 12:21 PM