HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:12 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,785 Posts
The local guys and gals has been saying all day we are going to get sacked. Haven't seen it yet.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:21 PM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Rainy holiday day here, with thunderstorms moving through. One particularly pernicious storm looks like it will pass just south of us. Hopefully.

--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:42 PM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
You folks have had more than your fair share of twisters in the past few years. I've never seen one and will accept YouTube as close enough. Hang tight, Bill.
56S is offline Find More Posts by 56S
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:07 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,025 Posts
EAS going off constantly on TV and radio right now. we're under tornado watches and warnings till 10:00 PM CST. Might get interesting but I think most everything will go North of me.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:34 PM
Disgruntled Member
United States, OK, Anadarko
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
4 to 6 inches of snow... first show since last January.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:41 PM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Dec 2005
1,023 Posts
Woke up to rapid repeating thunder, and wintry rain/sleet mix. Changed to snow mid-day.

Funny thing, first thought I had when I woke up was "I guess the Mayans were off by a few days!" It was really intense, LOUD booming constantly for almost 3 hours.
Twizter68 is offline Find More Posts by Twizter68
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:00 PM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Whew, _that_ sounds like alarming (tho not dangerous) weather.

In April '93 we had a 13" snowstorm that had a lot of lightning and thunder.

--Bill
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:03 PM
4000 posts?!
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2005
4,038 Posts
I woke up to the loudest clap of thunder I've ever heard at around 5am this morning, which apparently cut power to our neighborhood. Woke up again at 8am freezing in the fetal position with the house at a balmy 52 degrees. Went out for a quick 4 hour drive to kill some time when the rain turned to snow and figured I'd be better off freezing in my house than being on the roads with these nut jobs. Power came back on around 2pm, been running the oven on and off as a heater as my 1500W electric heater couldnt bring the temp up past 60 degrees.

I moved from MN to get away from the cold and snow, todays gift of a white Christmas was an unappreciated one...bring on that global warming!
micro_builder is offline Find More Posts by micro_builder
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:12 PM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Bad weather overall. We lucked out and the severe weather went South of us. Whew.

--Bill

Quote:
Christmas Day storms blamed for 3 deaths
Nasty storms, tornadoes cross South; blizzard conditions in midsection; 3 deaths, travel tough.

Twisters hopscotched across the Deep South, and, along with brutal, straight-line winds, knocked down countless trees, blew the roofs off homes and left many Christmas celebrations in the dark. Holiday travelers in the nation's much colder midsection battled treacherous driving conditions from freezing rain and blizzard conditions from the same fast-moving storms...

In Mobile, Ala., a tornado or high winds damaged homes, a high school and church, and knocked down power lines and large tree limbs in an area just west of downtown around nightfall...

Earlier in the day, winds toppled a tree onto a pickup truck in the Houston area, killing the driver, and a 53-year-old north Louisiana man was killed when a tree fell on his house...

Blizzard conditions were possible for parts of Illinois, Indiana and western Kentucky with predictions of 4 to 7 inches of snow...

Fog blanketed highways, including arteries in the Atlanta area, which was expected to be dealing with the same storm system on Wednesday...

More than 500 flights nationwide were canceled by the evening, according to the flight tracker FlightAware.com. More than half were canceled into and out of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport...

http://news.yahoo.com/christmas-day-...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:24 AM View Post
cobalt
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while cobalt edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:43 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,025 Posts
Yep Bill South of you and the worst about 60 miles West of me. And it ain't over yet for more of the country..
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:55 AM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
Last night it looked like they couldn't stack the watch/warning boxes any tighter over Mobile. We are getting the snow now.
56S is offline Find More Posts by 56S
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:32 AM
Joined Aug 2011
714 Posts
Yup pretty rough night for us here. Pretty strong front.

About the weathermen 'hype' ya know "a good chance of strong thunderstorms with possible tornadoes" would suffice. But the headlines read "Worst Christmass tornadoe outbreak in history". That was before the line moved through the region. A little over the top if you ask me.
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:12 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Blustery cold winds started early AM with snow flurries. Nothing serious, but it feels foreboding.

Much worse up north. McDougal, Arkansas (this made it to our local Weather Blog):

Prayers for those worse off than us !!

--Bill
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:38 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,025 Posts
My friend Keith (KWMTRUBRIT here on RCG) is stuck at their condo North of Little Rock, AR now. No power and trees down everywhere. He said it got really rough yesterday for them.

Yep, Last night got pretty bad for some Mobile residents.