HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:24 AM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
Careful!
Another storm for the central states

Just what I needed to spice up my mini vacation over the Holidays. So, time on my butt cut short. Oldest son is here and he gets studded snows on all four corners before he heads north, double check the Wheelhorse, ATV and generators, visit with the three elderly ladies down below (wife calls them my gray haired girlfriends) to assure them we will be here to take care of them, send out the emergancy ops plan this afternoon for the company and best of all, uncork that bottle of Glenlivet I just got for Christmas!

I did notice SeanP may be getting a visit from some T'storms soon. Hang in there bud!
56S is online now Find More Posts by 56S
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:44 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,270 Posts
Thundering here as we speak.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:20 AM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,785 Posts
10 to 11 inches here, we're supposed to get some snow also..........
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Jan 2008
1,153 Posts
No rain in September, 1.25 in in October, 0.1 inch since then. Not a cloud in the sky, though the wind is blowing. Maybe something will blow in.
Jim Thomerson is online now Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:09 AM
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Aug 2004
106 Posts
A "historic" snowstorm coming to Arkansas, according to the local tv stations. And to think I left Colorado to get away from snow!
Jake
Sonsight is online now Find More Posts by Sonsight
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:13 AM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
I don't know what to make of this one. Winds out of the east for a change. It will be a wet, blowing snow.

What do you fellows make of the Weather Channel naming winter storms? Since I quit watching TWC years ago instead relying on weather.gov, I really haven't formed an opinion.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:22 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56S View Post
Just what I needed to spice up my mini vacation over the Holidays. So, time on my butt cut short. Oldest son is here and he gets studded snows on all four corners before he heads north, double check the Wheelhorse, ATV and generators, visit with the three elderly ladies down below (wife calls them my gray haired girlfriends) to assure them we will be here to take care of them, send out the emergancy ops plan this afternoon for the company and best of all, uncork that bottle of Glenlivet I just got for Christmas!

I did notice SeanP may be getting a visit from some T'storms soon. Hang in there bud!
Yep, spent part of Christmas Eve cabling hangar doors and double-tying down everything. Gotta admit the skies looked mighty angry all day yesterday. Rained like a monsoon for most of the day. Temps rose and humidity topped out. Had both AC zones running wide open at the house to cool everything down and dry out. Back to T-shirts and cargo shorts today for casual wear. Ran to Lowe's last night (another story) at 5:30 PM and when we walked back out I almost couldn't find my truck in the parking lot due to some extremely heavy fog. Wife was scheduled to work 6:00-2:00 today (FBO at Pensacola Regional) and has been sitting back reading a book all day. Ain't nothing much getting in and certainly no GA.

Typical Christmas here, hot and muggy. A little snow would at least set a better mood though I am NOT complaining over zero shoveling.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:38 PM
'Merica!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
691 Posts
White Christmas here, it's absolutely beautiful (albeit cooooold) outside. You guys stay safe and warm.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:01 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,270 Posts
Yup, now it's snowing.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:12 PM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
Ohio is having the standard gray, overcast Christmas.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:58 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonsight View Post
A "historic" snowstorm coming to Arkansas, according to the local tv stations. And to think I left Colorado to get away from snow!
Jake
Yea, we got "Blizzard Warnings" here in Clay Co. First time EVER.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 03:28 PM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
Anyway we can start a good natured virtual snowball fight? It's going to be the perfect snow for it. Since SeanP mentioned running his AC, we should start plastering him first.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 03:56 PM
Joined Aug 2011
714 Posts
I saw the headlines yesterday and thought to myself. "Wow what is with all this fear mongering over weather as of late?"
UlteriorModem is online now Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:03 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,785 Posts
We need more legeslation to control weather. And kkep it out of the hands of eveil doers.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:11 PM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post
We need more legeslation to control weather. And kkep it out of the hands of eveil doers.
You mean like The Weather Channel?

Readers Digest had an interesting article on TV weather reporting.....er I mean exaggeration for the purpose of ratings. Never! No way!