HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by tware, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:17 PM
Little Rock, AR
Joined Nov 2005
254 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
Sold
UM Spitfire $80 shipped

I have a UM Spitfire for sale or trade. I'm not the first owner, but it is in very good condition. This wasn't a backyard basher. I always liked my UM P51 and wondered what AS3x would do. It's an awesome scale looking flyer. But, I'm flying 2S and 3S profile and UMX planes now. I like this Spitfire, but I would never fly it with the other faster UMX planes I have.

I'd call it 9 out of 10. There are no repairs. No creased surfaces. All servos travel perfectly, motor is strong.

The previous owner trimmed a vent hole under the motor and enlarged one of the holes under the belly. This was create some cooling for the AS3X servos and the motor. It works. It was done well enough that I didnt even realize it was a mod when I first saw it. The hole is small enough that it doesn't weaken the foam. Also the motor stays cool and pulls well throughout the flight.

The gear doors have been CA'd to the gear wire.

There are some scratches on the prop and the spinner has alittle wobble (just the tip of the foam, not the shaft). It has a tendency to nose over after landing if you don't put the tail down right
away. The prop and spinner have been scratched by that, not a crash. 2 new spinners and 1 new prop are included

1 battery, charger included.

$75 LPU in Little Rock. $80 shipped USPS in the Horizon Box, label on box (inside out if you wish to keep the box pristine).

Paypal accepted. Priority shipping and double boxing available at your cost, but I don't see much avantage to that.
tware is offline Find More Posts by tware
Last edited by tware; Jan 10, 2013 at 04:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:25 PM
Yes way!
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Oct 2012
46 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
PM sent
whirl10 is offline Find More Posts by whirl10
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:14 PM
Little Rock, AR
Joined Nov 2005
254 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
price drop, $70
tware is offline Find More Posts by tware
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:38 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Good deal on this one. Won't last long at that price! Good luck w/ the sale.!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Closed Thread