SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 16, 2003, 12:09 PM
Innsbruck, Austria
Joined Oct 2003
684 Posts
GWS Corsair Take off and Land Video

Hi gang!
Ever noticed that you rarely get to see the corsairs take off and land? We, thats Coyote and Rev, made a vid about just that.. short, sweet and I think its the best movie we have done yet... enjoy!

Corsair Take off and Land Mix

Rev

Oh yeah, and we're glad for any comments or critics!
Reverend is offline Find More Posts by Reverend
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2003, 12:14 PM
Farnborough, Hampshire, England.
Joined Jan 2002
2,132 Posts
Nice video Rev............what is the power set etc. for those two Corsairs?

Ian
farnboro flyer is offline Find More Posts by farnboro flyer
Old Dec 16, 2003, 12:23 PM
Innsbruck, Austria
Joined Oct 2003
684 Posts
C#1: MPJet 25/35, 10x4.7 APC SF, Jeti JES 30-3p
C#2: AXI 2808-16, 9x6 APC SF, Jeti JES 30-3p

Both with KAN 1050 9.6V

There more under
GWS Movies
Rev
Old Dec 16, 2003, 01:22 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Here's my Corsair video. Stock motor, etc.

http://www.glue.umd.edu/~markt/GWS_Corsair.wmv
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Dec 16, 2003, 02:01 PM
Crash happens! :)
Utah
Joined Jun 2002
2,161 Posts
Nice vidoes Rev and thunder. Glad to see a video of a stock setup. Seem most videos of the warbirds are all with brushless motors. I was begining to think it would not fly with a brushless in it. Looks pretty stable with the stock setup.
Arrow is offline Find More Posts by Arrow
Old Dec 16, 2003, 02:16 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,362 Posts
Here is my stock setup video I added a little touch of video editing to it but its still stock..

http://www.sdparkflyers.com/blkwhite.WMV
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old Dec 16, 2003, 03:48 PM
Master of the Wind
TEXAS
Joined Jun 2001
3,044 Posts
sounded like a missfire in one of the cylinders.. best talk to Sparky back at the hanger to check it out..heh well done I was waiting for a dog fight .. =)
AIR MOVER is offline Find More Posts by AIR MOVER
Old Dec 16, 2003, 03:51 PM
Jack of all trades!
Rockford, MN
Joined Jul 2003
450 Posts
I just came up with a great Idea, I am not sure if any one has tried this but in your videos the planes all come down then wham, hits the ground bounces up, spins around, and one does the end over end bit. Have you guys thought about getting some Tarps??

Over lap them in one direction. wouldn't need to be thick, just hold the coners down with stakes. and make them go...

///// so one edge over laps the other in the same direction and then land that way. I looked on Harbor Freight and a 19' x 39" Tarp is only 29.99 that is a cheap landing strip...

Chris Johnson
Scoobyvroom is offline Find More Posts by Scoobyvroom
Old Dec 16, 2003, 04:08 PM
Innsbruck, Austria
Joined Oct 2003
684 Posts
Chris,
What exactly is a "tarp"? beeing austrian my English vocab is limited to the "usual" 10.000 Words The Idea sounds good though... I f Tarps are what I think (A big area covered in something like thick Tent Silk)

Rev
Old Dec 16, 2003, 04:38 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Chris,
I slavaged a piece of astro-turf from a swimming pool in the area and had that to land on for a while. It was 10x25' and made a perfect landing strip. I'd just roll it up and stash it on the edge of the soccer field I fly at. I had thought to take it back and forth to the flying field but it was just too much trouble to load into my van.

But some kids ripped it to shreds last spring;-( So now I just land on the grass. I rarely have any damage.
Old Dec 16, 2003, 04:42 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Reverend
Chris,
What exactly is a "tarp"? beeing austrian my English vocab is limited to the "usual" 10.000 Words The Idea sounds good though... I f Tarps are what I think (A big area covered in something like thick Tent Silk)

Rev
Tarp is short for TARPAULIN.
Old Dec 17, 2003, 12:28 AM
Innsbruck, Austria
Joined Oct 2003
684 Posts
hmmm... ok.... and, ummm, that would be?
Old Dec 17, 2003, 01:38 AM
Fly 4 Fun
Potchefstroom, South Africa
Joined May 2002
84 Posts
Tarp

Reverend, English is also not my first language, but I think your definition is basically correct. A Tarpaulin is something made of tent-like material covering the grass. Btw, very good idea for making landings less of a pain. I maidened my direct drive 400 GWS Spitfire today, (also my first gws plane after more than two years of electric and glow rc flying) and it went great up till the first landing which ended with the Spitty on it's nose.

Cheers

Christie.

PS. GWS make planes that are truly value for money.

PPS. The only reason I went direct drive is coz. I couldn't get the geared Spitfire in SA.
Christie is offline Find More Posts by Christie
Old Dec 17, 2003, 01:42 AM
Innsbruck, Austria
Joined Oct 2003
684 Posts
Re: Tarp

Quote:
Originally posted by Christie

PPS. The only reason I went direct drive is coz. I couldn't get the geared Spitfire in SA. [/B]
Christie... You'll never guess where I learnt english #

At first in Edenvale for two years and then eight years in Pietersburg... (from age 6 to sixteen) I miss home! At least the good things about it...

regards,
Rev
Old Dec 17, 2003, 02:15 AM
Innsbruck, Austria
Joined Oct 2003
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Scoobyvroom
I just came up with a great Idea, I am not sure if any one has tried this but in your videos the planes all come down then wham, hits the ground bounces up, spins around, and one does the end over end bit. Have you guys thought about getting some Tarps??

Over lap them in one direction. wouldn't need to be thick, just hold the coners down with stakes. and make them go...

///// so one edge over laps the other in the same direction and then land that way. I looked on Harbor Freight and a 19' x 39" Tarp is only 29.99 that is a cheap landing strip...

Chris Johnson
... I am bound to hit those stakes...