HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by MTHead4u, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:01 AM
Having fun again!!
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Aug 2012
87 Posts
Discussion
DiaLFonZo-Copter - FPV SpyderQuad

Build up of my FPV SpyderQuad (V1)

I purchased this through Eric (DiaLFonzo) as a flat (G10) parts kit only, no hardware, standoffs or other parts. I requested a 2nd lower plate to mount the power distribution board due to the confined space within the upper and lower frame plates.

Due to this being a first run on his new design there were a few changes that he was in the middle of making before releasing it but I finally pressured him enough to make me one before the changes.

Build specs:
SpyderQuad (version 1)
Naza/GPS FC
T-Motor 2216-11 900kv
DJI 30A OPTO ESC
Voltair PDB
GemFan CF 10x4.5 Props
FrSky V8R7-II Rx

225mm booms = 508mm front M/M, 355mm rear M/M, 381mm FM/RM

First off, huge props to Eric, the manufactured parts where flawless and all packaged individually to prevent shipping damage.

Seeing that the Naza would just barely fit into the frame running the .75" boom blocks from the original design I opted to buy some 1" tall boom blocks but didn't want to run through bolts and nuts. I decided to build off Eric's boom block design using my 1" blocks. I reamed the lower block holes to .1875" and pressed the .75" hex spacers in the blocks, then reamed the upper block to .201" to allow it to hand fit over the hex spacers, this holds the booms in place without screws in the top plate so you can work on the interior.

On the motor side I ordered Eric's .75" tall blocks so the landing legs would still lock in as designed.

Re-skinned 30A OPTO ESC

PDB installation

Cramming the ESC's in the frame.. One of the changes to the released design will be ESC mounting pads on the motor plates, this help keep them cool and allows for more options with ESCs.

I got on a roll and forgot to take more pictures of the inside, it was going together so smoothly and I could wait to see it completed.

As of now, I'm still flying on the stock Naza setting, she hovers fantastically and is quite responsive. As I get more flight time on her I'll add the FPV equipment and readjust setting if necessary.

You can see his whole thread here.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1738262
MTHead4u is offline Find More Posts by MTHead4u
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: er9x and Naza Setup
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2012, 04:50 AM
Calif*
Joined Sep 2006
2,158 Posts
Never had much luck getting the motors exactly vertical, with the round rods. They would slip in flight or the tiniest deviation would throw off the balance.
Jack Crossfire is online now Find More Posts by Jack Crossfire
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Human vs motor