HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Steveis, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:14 PM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,658 Posts
@augerN thanks for the feedback. I always test my updates but I'm always on tender-hooks while others try it.
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:18 PM
Clermont-FD, France
Joined Jul 2007
19 Posts
Thanks a lot for this improved firmware version with stick centering, AVR Dude.
If you don't mind me asking, could you tell me what part of the code do I have to change in order to inverse the default gyro direction. I know it can be done manually, but each time I re flash it (e.g., to adjust motor idle), I need to set it up again...
HugoVale is offline Find More Posts by HugoVale
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:02 PM
AVR Dude
Joined Jul 2011
1,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoVale View Post
Thanks a lot for this improved firmware version with stick centering, AVR Dude.
If you don't mind me asking, could you tell me what part of the code do I have to change in order to inverse the default gyro direction. I know it can be done manually, but each time I re flash it (e.g., to adjust motor idle), I need to set it up again...
I too have the same issue, having to reverse the yaw gyro each time I change the board firmware on my tri.

The better fix woud be to stop the EEPROM getting erased each time the programmer erases the flash memory. To do this, change the High Fuse to 0xD6 thus changing the EESAVE flag to zero to preserve the EEPROM memory through chip erase.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:27 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Stranraer
Joined Mar 2012
60 Posts
@Steveis , could you explain the highlighted parts to me...I am an old duffer who is just starting out in the world of RC.. and I am confused already.
I'm trying to grasp the fact that I have to center all trims, yet put throttle trim to minimum!..does this mean that I have to use the external throttle trim button on the TX and lower the trim to -50 (Hitec Optic 6 sport minimum setting)

a) Set to Aeroplane mode.
b) Centre all Sub Trims
c)Centre all trims
d) Put throttle trim to minimum
e) Do not set dual rates - leave all rates at 100%
f) Set end point adjust (travel) to 100%
g) Use Expo as required
davyg is offline Find More Posts by davyg
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:31 AM
AVR Dude
Joined Jul 2011
1,658 Posts
I wasn't too sure about writing it in this way. What I'm really saying is, set elevator, aileron and rudder trims to centre and throttle trim to minimum. These are the trim buttons on the transmitter next to the sticks. Throttle could be left at the mid point but I always set to minimum for all my electric flight stuff.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:41 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Stranraer
Joined Mar 2012
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
I wasn't too sure about writing it in this way. What I'm really saying is, set elevator, aileron and rudder trims to centre and . These are the trim buttons on the transmitter next to the sticks. Throttle could be left at the mid point but I always set to minimum for all my electric flight stuff.
The elevator, aileron and rudder trims I can understand... it's the "throttle trim to minimum" that I am having a job of understanding.... what do you mean exactly by "minimum" for the throttle trim is it -50 or -0

sorry if i am coming across as somewhat Dim...it's because I am...:rolleye s:
davyg is offline Find More Posts by davyg
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:17 PM
AVR Dude
Joined Jul 2011
1,658 Posts
-50 I think
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 31, 2013, 07:29 AM
Kamikazi
Central PA
Joined Oct 2003
687 Posts
I know this is kind of a late follow-up, but I got my first quad flying yesterday with this firmware and it works very well for me. I tried the original 4.7 firmware first and I had the "lazy M4" trim issue. Installed this one, did all the cals, and it flew perfectly right off with neutral trims.
Good job Steveis - thanks!
Greg_Granville is offline Find More Posts by Greg_Granville
Old Mar 31, 2013, 08:06 AM
AVR Dude
Joined Jul 2011
1,658 Posts
^^^^^^^^ Great stuff. Glad I could help
RCG Plus Member
Old May 17, 2013, 04:05 AM
Indonesia, West Java, Bekasi
Joined Dec 2011
11 Posts
Is this firmware can be used for HobbyKing Multi-Rotor Control Board V3.0 (Atmega328P) ?
Hirac is offline Find More Posts by Hirac
Old Jun 09, 2013, 07:32 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
Steve

First of all, thank you for your kind guidance towards this thread.

Thank you for this very nice development. I'm impressed with reviews others stated here. I installed Xconfig KK_QuadX_V4_7_SS5_SC_M168.hex using http://lazyzero.de/en/modellbau/kkmulticopterflashtool, with USBasb. Earlier my tri fw on this same board was also sucessfully installed, and this time also i was very secessful to install your fw.

But following your instruction, to center the sticks- I didn't find any blink of LED or any tipe of responce from the FC board as expected. this thing was attempted while yaw and roll pots are zero(full ccw).

How to process further?
drpiyush is offline Find More Posts by drpiyush
Old Jun 09, 2013, 09:01 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
is it to do as

FlyCam NaviBoard - Stick Centering (0 min 42 sec)

I mean, need to move (in our case)rudder stick for 3 sec.?
Old Jun 09, 2013, 10:39 AM
AVR Dude
Joined Jul 2011
1,658 Posts
I'm not sure your board is supported. Try the yaw and roll pots in the opposite direction - fully cw.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 09, 2013, 10:46 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
no no, what exactly i'm asking that will the LED blink only after i move the (rudder) stick to maximum?
Old Jun 09, 2013, 10:57 AM
India, GJ, Bhavnagar
Joined Jun 2009
137 Posts
This is link from where i purchased my board and I strongly believe its blackboard