Closed Thread
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:39 PM
Registered Broncos Fan!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
To me, that only assures a 50/50 chance of the good guy coming out ahead unless the good guy has a much bigger gun. We have an arms race in this country. The bad guys are able to obtain bigger and more lethal weapons which necessitates the good guys arming up. Then the bad guys get even bigger and more lethal weapons.

Where does it stop?
Criminal behavior? It'll never stop, that's why gun control laws only harm good citizens who can no longer effectively defend themselves.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:56 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fokker Ace View Post
I wouldn't look to blogs for any predictions. Of course guns won't be banned outright and most likely things will settle down a bit but if you're in states that already have tight restrictions, expect them to get tighter. States that kept the '94 assault weapons ban in place will further tighten the screws. That won't happen in Texas but will in California, New York or New Jersey. You can also expect private sales might be done away with.
It isn't that I am looking to it for predictions, it is what I believe will happen.
ambientech is offline Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:27 PM
Joined Aug 2006
1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientech View Post
It isn't that I am looking to it for predictions, it is what I believe will happen.
Maybe so, but I know there are a lot of things I believed would never happen that did. Me feeling is some states will really run with this to tighten existing regulations.
Fokker Ace is offline Find More Posts by Fokker Ace
Old Dec 22, 2012, 04:40 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,147 Posts
ambientech is offline Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Dec 22, 2012, 07:18 PM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Dec 2005
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wings View Post
uh huh, the full auto trigger group....
...and the lower reciever, which is the actual "firearm" as defined/tracked by the BATF. The select fire LR is different from the semi-auto LR.
Twizter68 is offline Find More Posts by Twizter68
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:11 AM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wings View Post
Sure you can own one!!!...

Just get a Class III Weapons Permit $200 bucks...

To clarify a point, there is no class lll license per say; rather you can get licensed to deal in NFA weapons (Title ll) and are generally referred to as a class lll dealer.

This involves an FFL, a special occupation tax, and other hoops to jump through every year but enables you to sell directly to military or police departments and to handle transfers for private sales if you decide to get rid of it...

This is a simple tax stamp, not a license, just a plain blue stamp that costs $200.00 per weapon and has hoops and strings attached to buy it....(isn't that 300 Blackout worth it....? )

The Federal Government is prevented from infringing on your rights to keep and bear arms by the second amendment but they didn't say anything about taxing them...

Put a big tax on it and make it subject to "burning hoops to jump through" and gives you no recourse for delinquent payment should you get caught with one that isn't taxed other that go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.00...go directly to jail.

Uncle Sam will know where it is, what the Serial Number is, AND The Funds collected can pay for all the Armed Security Guards that the President of the NRA has called for. Because....

"The only thing to stop a Bad guy with a Gun is a Good Guy with a Gun."
How about I just play the presidents game, we can pay for that sucurity in the scholls with money not used to fight a war on an inalienable right. Much the same way as we can show not taking on more debt by not fighting a war overseas....
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RCWorks; Dec 23, 2012 at 11:25 AM.
Closed Thread