HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:05 PM
Joined Feb 2007
520 Posts
How is it holding up to crashes? Fairly durable? Comparable to V911?
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:36 AM
Take flight
Joined Aug 2004
2,183 Posts
@jpconard, it's very durable, but I wouldn't say that it's more durable than the V911...the higher head speed of CP helis make broken blades , among other things, far more likely (in fact I've broken one already). That said, I crashed it into a tree at full speed...No damage to the V922 even though the branch was completely shredded and stuck in the swashplate and all..
I would say that it's much more durable than my Mini CP, which is already very durable in its' own right.
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:19 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
@jameschen072

Am I correct in assuming that you do not have a TH9X?

The compatibility is one answer I have been waiting for.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:52 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,055 Posts
James, Aaron and KKDDMM have confirmed 9X incompatibility when the helicopter just made known to the public. When more details of the helicopter was revealed, we know it is actually a HiSKY FBL100, that uses the HiSKY protocol. The only way for 9X compatibiltiy is via the HT8 adapter.

If you're asking about HT8 compatibility, we'll have to wait for sometime as the news about the new version of HT8 was "just" released a couple of days. The old one may not work as well due to the exclusion of power supply.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:02 AM
Take flight
Joined Aug 2004
2,183 Posts
yup, BG wants to let me test my 922 with the new version of the module. FyreSG is correct when he said that the 9X is incompatible unless you use the hisky module
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:51 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
What kind of flight times? How does this compare to the quadcopters?
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Dec 23, 2012, 02:13 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
James, Aaron and KKDDMM have confirmed 9X incompatibility when the helicopter just made known to the public. When more details of the helicopter was revealed, we know it is actually a HiSKY FBL100, that uses the HiSKY protocol. The only way for 9X compatibiltiy is via the HT8 adapter.

Thanks for the info. I somehow missed that.

If you're asking about HT8 compatibility, we'll have to wait for sometime as the news about the new version of HT8 was "just" released a couple of days. The old one may not work as well due to the exclusion of power supply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
yup, BG wants to let me test my 922 with the new version of the module. FyreSG is correct when he said that the 9X is incompatible unless you use the hisky module
Anyone know which tx's the HT8 will hookup with? Blade? Walkera? Turnigy? . . . . or did I also miss that info . . . I am gettin' old.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:38 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,041 Posts
Gordonzo
There isn't much info around on the HT8, other than it connects to Futaba/JR/Walkera/Others, but they don't say if it functions with an assortment of models from each brand or if it's just pot luck.
Chances are it might be okay with most as it's only tapping the signal from the sim port. I can verify it works with the 9x as I found this document on the 9x forums...
FBL100 HT8 9x setup
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:41 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,625 Posts
very curious how that one is gonna develop into the future ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:49 AM
Take flight
Joined Aug 2004
2,183 Posts
@variantman, I am getting 2 minutes in the -15 degrees C weather we're having here :P so I guess I'll leave it for those in warmer climates to give us a more accurate flight time.

I've found that the tail doesn't hold as well (partly due to the cold weather I guess) as the Mini CP under demanding circumstances... and it does get affected by wind a bit more than my mini CP as well... so I guess that calls for more testing...

Merry Christmas to all!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:56 AM
Joined Apr 2012
4,055 Posts
From what I've been reading, the tail holding issue is a big concern right now. And James experienced it as well. Sounds bad.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:27 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,012 Posts
I am actually getting to really like this heli.The heli was definitely quite affected by the wind and the tail did not hold that well in demanding circumstances e.g. pitch pumps. It can definitely do all the mild 3D moves I can do on a larger heli. Its durability is just amazing. It is completely unscathed after nearly 30 crashes, most of them inverted.

However, I can definitely it causing problems with beginners. The transmitter does not have dual rates let alone expo. The heli is quite twitchy at times and i would have liked to have some expo. Also, its "normal curve" seems to be quite aggressive. The heli does not jump when you switch to advance 3D mode while in the air. This suggests that the upper half of the throttle and pitch curves are identical between normal and 3D mode. So I think this heli that is more suitable for experienced fliers rather than beginners.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:06 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The heli does not jump when you switch to advance 3D mode while in the air. This suggests that the upper half of the throttle and pitch curves are identical between normal and 3D mode. So I think this heli that is more suitable for experienced fliers rather than beginners.
This is a very good observation.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:48 AM
Joined Sep 2012
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
However, I can definitely it causing problems with beginners. The transmitter does not have dual rates let alone expo. .... So I think this heli that is more suitable for experienced fliers rather than beginners.
... I flew the turnigy fbl100 - which is exactly the same as the hisky fbl100 and v922 - for some months and some 100 flights now and i get more and more used to the throttle and pitch-curves of the non-programmable tx. and iŽd agree with zadaw - its a very durable little bird and if you like to do 3d, its better you are a experienced 3d-pilot already. esp sometimes some unremarkable damages like lightly splitted mainshafts or tail shafts or servo-wear cause double-twitchy-effects in flight behavior...

but as long as you dont touch the sticks to hard its also very stable doing some basic movements like fast forward, eights, circles, hovering

macem
macem is offline Find More Posts by macem
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:45 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2007
299 Posts
Speaking as a beginner to CP helicopters, I must say this is not as bad as it was made out to be. My experience after the twitchy Solo Pro 100D taught me to fly a CP carefully. Indeed, this heli might be difficult for someone without any experience with FBL setup. The heli feels jumpy at certain throttle points. This is the part where a programmable transmitter may help. However, a person with sufficient flight times with a FBL heli might not find this to be a great deal.

I have yet to try out inverted flight. I have never had any experience with 3d modes, so I must be mentally prepared to crash my heli during the trial. At my current skill level, I can only manage to hover it properly and move it around the room gently. Its quite different from flying a flybarred heli.
TFMeouch is offline Find More Posts by TFMeouch
Closed Thread