HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:44 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victzh View Post
Judging by the photos, it has Nordic 2.4GHz receiver, so there is hope that someone adventurous enough (like PhracturedBlue of Deviation fame) will crack the protocol and it could be bound to Devo.
I sure hope so, I'm feeling mighty powerful with my 8S these days...one TX to rule them all!
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:02 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
Have anyone tested out if the transmitter works with like phoenix simulator ?

i really want to test it out and i got the software already but need the cable, anyone got an idea of a cable that would work ?

cheers
zipposo is offline Find More Posts by zipposo
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:40 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipposo View Post
Have anyone tested out if the transmitter works with like phoenix simulator ?

i really want to test it out and i got the software already but need the cable, anyone got an idea of a cable that would work ?

cheers
I haven't tried it with the phoenix simulator..but it shouldn't be a problem at all. You need a JR (or any Mono audio) cable in order for the TX to work.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:48 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,684 Posts
Guys, PhracturedBlue (developer of DeviationX) already ordered a v922 about 3weeks ago. So there's a good possibility of future support. You always want to be using the same equipment, aircraft as the developer of Open Source software if you want the best support.

Here's the quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue;
Post#4183 on 3 weeks 3 days ago

I ordered a WL V922 which I believe shares the same protocol used by the fbl100. We'll see how it looks once it arrives.
Thread:
http://deviationtx.com/forum/protoco...nt/1070-fbl100

And if you guys aren't aware of how to support development and protocol support:
Rules for protocol requests
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:50 AM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
jameschen072 is there a possibility to open your tx and photographed as it looks inside?
If this can send a ppm signal to the simulator is possible to use the oryginal transmitter module with T9X. It would be much much cheaper, because after purchase ht8 adapter the original TX will be lie and cover with dust.
valoos is offline Find More Posts by valoos
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:26 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Daryoon, that is terrific news my friend! I am so glad I bought the 8S and that there's people like him who would spend the time to do something revolutionary. Cheers for the info!

@Valoos, I may if I get around to it..been swamped with work lately
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:30 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
anyone--what is the definition of- double horse - for rc helicopters
capt rock is offline Find More Posts by capt rock
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:10 PM
Joined Sep 2012
105 Posts
never heard?macem
macem is offline Find More Posts by macem
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:03 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
Double Horse (aka Shuang Ma) is a company the manufactures toy helicopters and quads. Their fleet includes DH9116 and DH9117.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:56 AM
United States, CA, Mountain View
Joined Dec 2012
158 Posts
Was out flying today, happily practicing my figure 8s and on battery #7 the heli started randomly doing 180 degree turns! Managed to land safely... I look around and spot someone had come and started to fly his quad copter. His radio was a devo7 (?). So I am now paying attention to the radio comments here.

Will the HT8-DX6i combo fix this interference problem? My guess is no since the receiver is still the same.

My stock HiSKY radio didn't seem to affect his copter though.

Have you guys experienced any interference on your radios?
sparkyjohn is offline Find More Posts by sparkyjohn
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:39 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyjohn View Post
Was out flying today, happily practicing my figure 8s and on battery #7 the heli started randomly doing 180 degree turns! Managed to land safely... I look around and spot someone had come and started to fly his quad copter. His radio was a devo7 (?). So I am now paying attention to the radio comments here.

Will the HT8-DX6i combo fix this interference problem? My guess is no since the receiver is still the same.

My stock HiSKY radio didn't seem to affect his copter though.

Have you guys experienced any interference on your radios?
In theory that should not be possible. FHSS systems are highly interference resistance. The HiSky protocol has not been hacked into a Devo transmitter yet.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:49 AM
Joined Dec 2012
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
In theory that should not be possible. FHSS systems are highly interference resistance. The HiSky protocol has not been hacked into a Devo transmitter yet.
Oops yes thanks for pointing it out (read up on FHSS just now ). Will need to figure out what in the world is turning around this heli.

Also just started reading up on Deviation mods... way cool stuff! But unfortunately I already have a Spektrum radio; so I'm still hoping for an elegant DX6i <--> HiSKY FBL100 solution. Has anyone heard any news on the new HT8 module?

PS. I am now thinking of going Blade but skipping the MCP X and going straight to the 130x but this is another topic entirely.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:17 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Still working hard on solving the tail hold problem when using the HT8. Sources say that the HT8 v2 is coming within a few weeks so hopefully that will solve a few of the current problems.

I binded the V922 to a friends' HiSky tx and it flew flawlessly..so it must be a setting thing on the Devo...

John, if you are thinking about getting the HT8, I'd wait for the new one..it's due to be released very, very soon!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:51 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Anyone know how to use the HiSky X-6S on a simulator? I've got a mono cable, plugged it into the mic jack, but having some issues with the connectivity. I'm using SmartPropoPlus.

Is the TX PCM or PPM? I haven't found any data on that yet.
Zephy is offline Find More Posts by Zephy
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:13 AM
Joined Dec 2012
158 Posts
@james - yep will want to try the HT8 but will definitely wait for the v2 (and review) first my turning issues have cropped up at home so for sure its not the radio or interference. i think the tail motor is on its way out, sudden throttle turns the heli left, the tail tries to keep up, and the gyro tries to find the right bearing. the right turn is also sluggish. will find out for sure when i swap out the new tail motor and also get the other bird up and running again... shipping is so slow! anyway i hope it's not a control board issue! it seems to be more pronounced as the lipo winds down too.

@zephy - sorry i only have the X-6HS, and haven't tried SPP yet (i use USB dongle that came with PRC). has SPP ever worked on your other transmitters before? from what i understand HiSKY is PPM.
Closed Thread