HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:08 AM
Just Keeping UP
United States, ID, Moyie Springs
Joined May 2004
1,746 Posts
The tops are the most important, but I think I can find a use for the bottoms too. I'm up for a dozen of them if the PO has a box that will fit. Just let me know how much and I'll send the money and my address. My 3D printer is due to arrive Monday. Now I just have to figure out how to sell printed stuff to help pay for the thing!
nfhill is offline Find More Posts by nfhill
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2013, 02:51 AM
United States
Joined Nov 2011
174 Posts
I'm guessing the large size box they have should fit 12 full eggs. Depending on how many they have left, I'll see what box will fit them.

3D printer??? That thing looks like a lot of fun haha. Make something
FlyingPriapism is offline Find More Posts by FlyingPriapism
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:46 PM
United States
Joined Nov 2011
174 Posts
Got a dozen eggs for you nfhill. I sent you a PM.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:37 PM
Joined Aug 2007
414 Posts
I DO NOT recommend any of the DJI style frames from Goodluckbuy. The arms they include are the lowest quality I have ever seen even compared to other clone frames. The arms are extremely flexible and the threaded inserts are very low quality and strip easily. They are so flexible that they cause bad flight characteristics.

I let Goodluckbuy know about the problem and they told me the arms go through a "boiling process" to intentionally make then flexible.... I was dumbfounded when they told me this. Just an excuse for a low quality and overpriced product.

I highly recommend either authentic DJI or the frames from RCtimer. The RCtimer frames are 110% better than goodluckbuy.
SGsoar is offline Find More Posts by SGsoar
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:51 PM
Just Keeping UP
Joined May 2004
1,746 Posts
You're entitiled to your opinion, but others may have a different valid definition of quality. Many years ago when nylon props were first introduced to the the RC hobby, it was a standard safety practice to boil the props before use. Without the boiling, they were brittle and prone to throwing blades. A little flexibility is better than shattering like glass. I expect that is why they boil the arms.

I like my GLB 450 and I will, and have, recommended it. I think it is a good deal.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:47 PM
Just Keeping UP
Joined May 2004
1,746 Posts
FlyingPriapism, I picked up the eggs yesterday. Thanks again!

Just a little update for my GLB450, here's a photo of a GPS mounting plate that I made with my 3D printer. It sets on the four standoffs. The disk will have aluminum foil on the bottom to help shield the GPS from the FC per dm-digital's recommendation.

What do you think?

Nick
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:14 PM
www.solarenergyglow.com
Joined Feb 2013
577 Posts
hi guys i got an order from GOODLUCK buy.

F450 CRIUS AIO i got it for 5days

jan michael is offline Find More Posts by jan michael
Old Mar 15, 2013, 02:26 AM
United States
Joined Nov 2011
174 Posts
That looks good Nick. Everything looks snug in there. Those printers are fun for all sorts of projects, I'm jealous haha.

That's a good looking quad Jan. I like your canopy. Where is it from?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 02:38 AM
www.solarenergyglow.com
Joined Feb 2013
577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPriapism View Post
That looks good Nick. Everything looks snug in there. Those printers are fun for all sorts of projects, I'm jealous haha.

That's a good looking quad Jan. I like your canopy. Where is it from?

@FlyingPriapism, i got my canopy from a TOPICA CCTV DOME CAMERA you can also used the camera for FPV
jan michael is offline Find More Posts by jan michael
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:45 PM
Just Keeping UP
Joined May 2004
1,746 Posts
Mine has grown legs now to go with its 'hat'. All 3D printed, of course! The camera gimbal is my version of the Super Simple Gimbal 3D printed by Shapeways. (It's for sale on the Shapeways site.) The 'GPS hat', the 'legs', and the sprung battery tray camera mount are all from my little 3D printer. It's been 'singing' a lot!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 03:58 PM
Orangeville, Ontario, Canada
Joined Dec 2004
92 Posts
@nfhill, really liking your set up! Also making me wish I had a 3D printer, nice work!
dm-digital is offline Find More Posts by dm-digital
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:12 PM
Just Keeping UP
Joined May 2004
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm-digital View Post
@nfhill, really liking your set up! Also making me wish I had a 3D printer, nice work!
I will print for money!
Old Mar 16, 2013, 09:20 PM
United States
Joined Nov 2011
174 Posts
Looking good Nick. I just might have to take that offer and have you make me some skids for my next micro spider hex from blueskyrc. Damn this hobby! Haha. I just keep adding quads to my fleet.

I finally got the time to throw on some LEDs I got from eBay. Looks pretty cool flying around in the dark

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363486770.190435.jpg
Views: 71
Size: 52.1 KB
Description:

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363486788.026099.jpg
Views: 69
Size: 50.9 KB
Description:
Old Mar 16, 2013, 09:43 PM
Joined Oct 2012
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGsoar View Post
I DO NOT recommend any of the DJI style frames from Goodluckbuy. The arms they include are the lowest quality I have ever seen even compared to other clone frames. The arms are extremely flexible and the threaded inserts are very low quality and strip easily. They are so flexible that they cause bad flight characteristics.

I let Goodluckbuy know about the problem and they told me the arms go through a "boiling process" to intentionally make then flexible.... I was dumbfounded when they told me this. Just an excuse for a low quality and overpriced product.

I highly recommend either authentic DJI or the frames from RCtimer. The RCtimer frames are 110% better than goodluckbuy.
Interesting to read this comment, I've been disappointed two times with the DJI frame struts, they were very brittle and I've broken two of them in minor incidents. The other issue is the hex screw heads, the QC is very poor with the 3 mm hex slots, they are oversize and strip very easy when I try to remove the screws on the motors, way too much thread lock by the alledged professional builders of my unit.

I ordered a new frame kit from HK to get replacement struts, they seem to be not as brittle, but we'll see when I install them. The build on my DJI Hex RTF is so shoddy that I will never buy another RTF. Reminds me of somebody ripping for profit and no details to workmanship of quality.
Indianalar is offline Find More Posts by Indianalar
Old Mar 16, 2013, 09:54 PM
Joined Oct 2012
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfhill View Post
FlyingPriapism, I picked up the eggs yesterday. Thanks again!

Just a little update for my GLB450, here's a photo of a GPS mounting plate that I made with my 3D printer. It sets on the four standoffs. The disk will have aluminum foil on the bottom to help shield the GPS from the FC per dm-digital's recommendation.

What do you think?

Nick
What a beautimous build and extremely nice quality workmanship, I looked at all the photos you had up. I especially admired the bottom battery mount, I think it gives these units better stabilty.
Indianalar is offline Find More Posts by Indianalar