SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:26 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
It's all good...I've torn so much apart cut and soldered and re-soldered and re-cut that I've gotten very good at it all.

Are you guys gonna sell BNF 202's initially as well or just the RTF's?
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:29 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
It's all good...I've torn so much apart cut and soldered and re-soldered and re-cut that I've gotten very good at it all.

Are you guys gonna sell BNF 202's initially as well or just the RTF's?
BD, let me know your thoughts? what would you bind it to? We do have some transmitters that were damaged in shipment and we may sell those as scratch-n-dents (outer plastic antenna broken off but internal antenna wire perfectly functional).
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:54 AM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
BD, let me know your thoughts? what would you bind it to? We do have some transmitters that were damaged in shipment and we may sell those as scratch-n-dents (outer plastic antenna broken off but internal antenna wire perfectly functional).
It would just be a second airframe bound to the Tx from the RTF package.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:27 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,362 Posts
Would you want accessories such as the props\charger and battery with it? We're looking at around $42.95 for a BNF. I don't know if that's low enough of a discount, but when you consider you'd be saving almost $11 on shipping with the main order, it may be.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:01 PM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Just bought my order...Thanks MO & James.

As for the BNF I wouldn't want anything but the quad itself...just me. I tend to load up on parts and batteries anyway.

Very anxious to get this in the air. I'm really hoping the 4 channel mixing is similar to the 929. The LB V1 mixes out yaw as aileron is applied to a degree so I'm hoping for better cornering outta the box with the 202.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:30 PM
Noob
United States, CA, Moreno Valley
Joined Jan 2012
59 Posts
Hey MO are you going to post spare batteries? If not cool, im sitting here with everything else in my basket waiting to hit buy... Oh and if not on the batteries could you point me towards some good alternatives thanks.
Irock1985 is offline Find More Posts by Irock1985
Last edited by Irock1985; Dec 26, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:39 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,362 Posts
Hey Irock, we didn't order alot of spares as we weren't confident after the V939 battery fiasco. Now that we've seen the quality of these, we'll put a bigger order in, but international lipo shipping has gotten tougher, so we may have to get them via slow boat. The Mini Pet batteries work OK as a substitute. Our Hobby King order of 100 Turnigy 45-90C is on its way and I'm hoping we'll get them in 2 weeks.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:59 AM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
So you shipped my order yesterday...same day...impressive. I imagine you were scrambling pretty good. Lottsa orders?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:24 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
So you shipped my order yesterday...same day...impressive. I imagine you were scrambling pretty good. Lottsa orders?
Yesterday was our busiest day since we opened. I think we had a total of 10 V202 orders, an H36, and some other accessories ($700 in sales). We were only able to get 3 V202 orders out yesterday (the ones that ordered as soon as it was announced) and the rest will go out today. Not too bad since I didn't think we'd be able to ship anything until Friday and I had to play Daddy duty to a 6 year old with a bladder infection

Only half the orders shipped in the 7x7x6 USPS box as that's all they had on hand and until we get our shipment of these boxes, we'll have to source them elsewhere or recycle. Look for your batteries and transmitter stalks in the battery compartment of the TX. It's really critical when you all receive your packages to let us know if there are any issues. I think we've come up with a good packing strategy that leaves plenty of room for accessories. I'm more concerned with physical protection vs professional looking criticism right now.

The V202 is a PITA to trim with the Scorpion canopy. It really likes alot of left yaw and backwards pitch. With the beetle canopy it's alot easier to trim and do hands-off hover. Like I said before, you're not going to get Mini Pet hands off-hover, but hands-on hover is easy.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:21 PM
United States, KY, Owensboro
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
just curious, does the v202 have an auto flip button, or is it like the v929 anything over 80% rates full stick?
SlyKYFox is offline Find More Posts by SlyKYFox
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyKYFox View Post
just curious, does the v202 have an auto flip button, or is it like the v929 anything over 80% rates full stick?
I believe it has 5 rate settings and just uses stick input for flipping at the 100 % rate. Check out MO's video on pg. 3, post #36.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:10 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,362 Posts
Thanks Burdock, Sly there is no auto-flip but it's the easiest manual flip out there. Just go to 100% and go hard over in any direction.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:14 AM
United States, KY, Owensboro
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Thanks guys. It sounds like it is just like the V929.
SlyKYFox is offline Find More Posts by SlyKYFox
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:21 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyKYFox View Post
Thanks guys. It sounds like it is just like the V929.
Except 99% less crashing (when doing manual flips)
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:12 AM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Per USPS tracking my 202 should be here Sat. the 29th which as luck would have it is my birthday...no I won't tell you how old I'll be suffice it to say I was born somewhere between when dirt and rope were invented.

It'll be nice to have another new quad to learn and fly...it's 6 degrees F outside, the ground is covered with snow as it has been since the beginning of the week and it probably won't warm up until March or April.