HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:34 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomofono View Post
So even with trimming the 202 still drifts? I want to buy one but don't want the drift.
Tha's true. Actually v202 has powerfull hardware specs. Hopefully wltoys would able to fix the flaws.
bangkomit is offline Find More Posts by bangkomit
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:19 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,381 Posts
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
R,
Respect!
Nice work.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
reptileman is offline Find More Posts by reptileman
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:56 PM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
Something else I have noticed about this quad is how it doesn't recover if you toss it up in the air and spin it. The fast spinning seems to confuse the gyros/accelerometers and it will almost always crash. Mine will recover no problem flipping end over end or tossing it upside down but give it a spin and it's all over. This may be the reason why the piro is considerably slower on the V202 than the V939...
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:02 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
Something else I have noticed about this quad is how it doesn't recover if you toss it up in the air and spin it. The fast spinning seems to confuse the gyros/accelerometers and it will almost always crash. Mine will recover no problem flipping end over end or tossing it upside down but give it a spin and it's all over. This may be the reason why the piro is considerably slower on the V202 than the V939...
Yea mine does spin like a snail that's for sure.
reptileman is offline Find More Posts by reptileman
Old Mar 01, 2013, 01:23 AM
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Feb 2013
931 Posts
I ordered a couple sets of those pet props, so I'll be sure to report back with the difference in handling after i swap them out.

(currently, I fly the v202 4-8 times a day, sometimes more, so i know it like the back of my hand--will be exciting to see the difference those props make, and for $1, there's no risk)
serrated is offline Find More Posts by serrated
Old Mar 01, 2013, 04:22 AM
Germany, HE, Darmstadt
Joined Jan 2013
164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
The point of this novel is that we don't just flight test anymore. We can't afford returns so we are now QC because QC doesn't really exist in the majority of the manufacturing plants that make these quads. I can tell you with confidence that I know of no one else that does this (as a reseller). The QC process is at least 15 minutes per quad.
this really is outstanding. Myrcmart.com for instance claims to flight test every toy before shipping.

Myrcmart.com quote: " ** one important thing we can guarantee you is that each single helicopter will be tested before packaging. You will not receive a lemon."

They also offer you a Video Proof of Working / Testing for almost US $ 5.

Is it worth it? I do not think so. I bought from them once, and although they claim to test the stuff before shipping, they donīt even see a broken led light on the mini pet and send out spare motor arms with white LEDs only, although the MiniPet has got flashing LEDs on its rear.

If you are US based, purchase a quad from MO. this is real passion what he is doing, with much blood, sweat and tears. Unfortunately I am based in Europe, shipping and handling is not very economic from the US.

You definitely need an EU branch.

And yes, the QC of the manufacturers overseas is subpar (to put it mildly).
gimmemopitch is offline Find More Posts by gimmemopitch
Old Mar 01, 2013, 10:10 PM
Bash crash hopefully no splash
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2012
393 Posts
Well my V202 arrived this morning, along with spare batteries. The 939 has been gathering dust on the shelf, so it was with a sense of excitement that I charged batteries then started flying. Nice summer's day with a moderate breeze, but gusty... Flew a little inside before venturing out.

Wow! This thing really rocks! What a blast zooming around then heading out of the sheltered areas into the full breeze. WL Toys have done an incredible job with the controls on this. It's like a 4 channel (911) to fly (rather than the 939 which was more like a CP heli) but with the quad's wind cutting ability and amazing electronic stabilisation. So smooth, so controllable, and the onboard stabilisation reacts to wind gusts much faster than most of us. Amazing watching it self level after pushing the cyclic in any direction and recentering (just like a flybar does on the 4 channels).

Good battery life, nice initialisation/binding procedure, excellent choice of rates on the transmitter. This is so much more than the 939!! Sure there are noted shortcomings, but they are minor. Incredible value for just over 40 bucks!

Now what I'd love to see is WL Toys apply this level of stabilisation to a V911. If they could remove the flybar and keep the same type of control feel (of course it would be different with a heli rather than a quad), they'd have a winning product. And it could be fixed pitch so keeping costs down....

Anyway, well done WL Toys on a great product, and thanks all you guys for sharing your feedback. Now to break out the MP props.....
Flyingboats is offline Find More Posts by Flyingboats
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:13 PM
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Feb 2013
931 Posts
i can definitely tell the issue with it not staying level when hovering is due to programming because i'll crash it, then go to take off again and it'll violently fly off into a random direction and will do that for a few minutes. if i trim it out, it eventually goes back to normal so my trimming actually makes it go off in the other direction in which i trimmed it from. (usually just ignore it when it does this now and wait for it to go back to normal) mine isn't just the front and left. it's random. oh well. other than that, it's great. i've crashed it very HARD many times and it still flies on. i don't even bother putting the canopy on anymore. one led broke but other than that, it's still going strong.
serrated is offline Find More Posts by serrated
Old Mar 02, 2013, 12:18 AM
Bash crash hopefully no splash
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2012
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serrated View Post
i can definitely tell the issue with it not staying level when hovering is due to programming because i'll crash it, then go to take off again and it'll violently fly off into a random direction and will do that for a few minutes. if i trim it out, it eventually goes back to normal so my trimming actually makes it go off in the other direction in which i trimmed it from. (usually just ignore it when it does this now and wait for it to go back to normal) mine isn't just the front and left. it's random. oh well. other than that, it's great. i've crashed it very HARD many times and it still flies on. i don't even bother putting the canopy on anymore. one led broke but other than that, it's still going strong.
Does it do the same thing after crashing if you replug the battery? The 922 gyro is sometimes knocked "off balance" after a crash, but replugging the battery and letting it initialise on a flat surface resolves it.
Flyingboats is offline Find More Posts by Flyingboats
Old Mar 02, 2013, 08:18 AM
pondside
Sutton, Ma.
Joined Aug 2010
149 Posts
Also, after a crash the battery will shift position and change the CG, something to check.

The other BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingboats View Post
Does it do the same thing after crashing if you replug the battery? The 922 gyro is sometimes knocked "off balance" after a crash, but replugging the battery and letting it initialise on a flat surface resolves it.
pondside is offline Find More Posts by pondside
Old Mar 04, 2013, 10:22 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Dec 2007
540 Posts
got my v202 today and I only ordered it on the 23rd so just over a week to the UK which is rather quick.

only had a 30 second play but love it, such a good noise compared to the v911 which sounds like it has a bluebottle in it
subpixel is online now Find More Posts by subpixel
Old Mar 04, 2013, 10:40 AM
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
454 Posts
:-)

I agree, sub !

I went with V202 for two reasons... it made a claim for 6 axis gyro (which is not quite correct), and, there is a simpler drive train. Direct drive should have fewer problems than the gear reduction drive, although it can swing a bigger, better prop.
...less components to bust up in the inevitable crash! lol
rc
rusty case is offline Find More Posts by rusty case
Old Mar 04, 2013, 06:17 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Dec 2007
540 Posts
glad I remembered reading this http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=49 as just checked mine and all the wires were wonky and several already cut through the insulation to bare wire

all nice and straight now though
subpixel is online now Find More Posts by subpixel
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:22 PM
United States, TX, Clarksville
Joined Jul 2003
79 Posts
Well I pulled the trigger on the v 202 tonight from MO. I hope it works better than my 949 DOA, and still waiting for my replacement 949 from a different dealer in ILL.
s. cosby is offline Find More Posts by s. cosby
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:32 PM
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
1,842 Posts
S cosby, I think your post in that other thread was completely appropriate, this was my response:
s cosby, I live about 160 miles northwest of you on the red river, so you will probably have the V202 by Friday. And I think you will like it a lot. I have hardly flown my V929s since getting the V202. The V202 likes to be flown in large outdoor spaces and can handle wind up to at least 10mph. But you can fly it indoors too if you want to. Good luck and happpy flying
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier