HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:38 PM
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
455 Posts
Will a pack with a higher discharge rating have less density than another, even if the mah rating is the same?
rusty case is offline Find More Posts by rusty case
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:15 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,581 Posts
Hi S,
Yep. They were winners in my lipo tests last October. Glad they are still holding up well in the follow-on lots and purchases
--Micro quad OEM and Turnigy Nano-Tech lipo tests 101
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier View Post
I just recieved 2 UD! u816 batteries from Tmart. Ordered them last Sunday. They are 250mah rating. They are the same size and shape as the stock V202 batteries but they weigh 7.7g compared to 8.5g stock batteries. I noticed that the main difference is the stock batteries have some foam under the tape at the wire end.
UDI batteries measured ~3.8v when I put them on my charger and charged them at 0.4a. The first first one flew for 6.0 minutes in my V202 til lights started flashing. Then I used one of the stock batteries(probably at least 30 cycles on it), it lasted for 5:35 minutes. Flew with the other UDI battery, it lasted for 6:20 minutes.
I tried to fly the same way on all three flights: a few flips, fast forward, funnels, an fast banked turns mostly at 60%, sometimes at 80%.
I am pleasantly surprised at how well the UDI batteries performed, I would say they are at least as good as (well used) stock V202 batteries
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:21 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,581 Posts
HI R,
A higher MAH lipo will have more density and therefore be a bit heavier. They mystery of what the delivered MAH rating is comes in on the quality of the lipo, shelf, life, chemistry and they way the individual manufactures come up with the MAH ratings, ie batch tests, frequency, etc. That said...don't get me started on how the roll the dice and come up with the C-ratings which also play into the lipo density and weights.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty case View Post
Will a pack with a higher discharge rating have less density than another, even if the mah rating is the same?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:08 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Great story Pat...sometimes it's much better to be lucky than good

During the summer months in the evenings, like MO, I have dragonflies and bats checking out everything I put in the air around dusk. I've had 2-3 dragonflies, big ones, after aircraft at the same time. No actual contact but they get real close and seem very interested. Same with the bats, I think the bats are interested and or confusedf because what they're seeing and hearing displays intelligent movement, most of the time that is.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:47 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,485 Posts
I have dragonflies check out my copters during the summer too. Once when flying I heard a distinct thwack as a 2 inch long wasp hit my copter and saw it fly away kind of like it was unstable
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:21 PM
Joined Jan 2013
17 Posts
wanted to finally report back on the MP Props on the v202... i was actually able to get a real nice and stable hover out of it for the first time.... still took some trims... and if i let it hover for too long it would decide to jump forward and left... still not sure why that is.. its wierd...

anyhoo... props work very very well with the exception of if there is a crash...the props and straw motor protectors go flying... which isnt that big of a deal.. but still is something to consider....

hopefully i will be able to take the v202 outside with the new props soon... looking forward to flying outside again...
fyrebryan is offline Find More Posts by fyrebryan
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:23 AM
Joined Sep 2011
37 Posts
My V202 is only a week old and now will only flip forward on take off. Placed a support ticket with seller. Really cool flyer. The lights act like a spot light when flying in the dark.
papaweely is offline Find More Posts by papaweely
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:32 AM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,485 Posts
fyrebryan, the little dip forward and to the left when trying to hover is a well known glitch I think most V202s have. Only noticeable when trying to hover. I put a drop of CA glue on one of my Minipet props because it would come off too easily and that keeps it on well, but I can still take it off without too much trouble. Hope this helps.
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:48 AM
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
455 Posts
China New Year over

I just got an email from BG this morning... China New Year must be over and people going back to work....

BIG party for whole country... I'd like to see that ! lol
rusty case is offline Find More Posts by rusty case
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:59 AM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
I tried the MP props but busted them inside on a very minor crash. They seem to lack the durability of the V202 props.
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:06 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
I tried the MP props but busted them inside on a very minor crash. They seem to lack the durability of the V202 props.
yea they say there brittle maybe try soaking them in some hot water for a few min first before you put them on and they may not crack as easy.
reptileman is online now Find More Posts by reptileman
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:33 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
It is a trade-off. V202 props have great visibility and are near-bulletproof, but are unbalanced. MP props provide alot more thrust and are better balanced, but aren't as visible and are more fragile.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:10 PM
Joined Sep 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaweely View Post
My V202 is only a week old and now will only flip forward on take off. Placed a support ticket with seller. Really cool flyer. The lights act like a spot light when flying in the dark.
The front props were swapped - front motors spin opposite = problem solved!
papaweely is offline Find More Posts by papaweely
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:56 AM
Joined Jan 2013
122 Posts
Just got my new V202. It is my first quad and I'm surpised at how difficult it is for me to fly. Over the years I've had a few toy planes (Aero Ace), some toy heli's (Air Hogs + Syma) and a blade CP that I never learned to fly because every time I got it more than a couple inches off the ground I'd break something. Well, I ordered a mode 2 transmitter, which is what it said on the sticker on the box, but actually received a mode 1 transmitter. Being handy enough with a soldering iron I swapped the gimbals and made sure all the controls were on the correct sticks for mode 2, but then everything except the throttle was reversed from what I expected. I'm used to flying mode 4 (Syma helis) where up on the right stick is forward for the heli, but after the gimbal swap, up on the right stick made the quad go backwards. Is this a mode 1 thing, or a quad thing? I managed to swap everything to how I wanted them, but now the inside of my controller looks like a wad of spaghetti with all the wires going everywhere so I'm wondering if I just order a mode 2 transmitter will everything be the way I expect them?
misterpepper is offline Find More Posts by misterpepper
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:07 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpepper View Post
Just got my new V202. It is my first quad and I'm surpised at how difficult it is for me to fly. Over the years I've had a few toy planes (Aero Ace), some toy heli's (Air Hogs + Syma) and a blade CP that I never learned to fly because every time I got it more than a couple inches off the ground I'd break something. Well, I ordered a mode 2 transmitter, which is what it said on the sticker on the box, but actually received a mode 1 transmitter. Being handy enough with a soldering iron I swapped the gimbals and made sure all the controls were on the correct sticks for mode 2, but then everything except the throttle was reversed from what I expected. I'm used to flying mode 4 (Syma helis) where up on the right stick is forward for the heli, but after the gimbal swap, up on the right stick made the quad go backwards. Is this a mode 1 thing, or a quad thing? I managed to swap everything to how I wanted them, but now the inside of my controller looks like a wad of spaghetti with all the wires going everywhere so I'm wondering if I just order a mode 2 transmitter will everything be the way I expect them?
If everything is reversed except throttle, then just face the quad with (what you think is the back) facing forward, then that should sove your problem. BTW, the green props are the front.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Last edited by stonecutter; Feb 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM.