SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:25 AM
Joined Apr 2011
27 Posts
Thanks for the chip info

This really is an "ask and you shall receive" place. Thanks very much Synthex for the response.
The invensense 6050 includes the accelerometers, which was what I was most interested in. It also has some powerful DSP and firmware in it.
I wonder how the v929 flies so well with no accelerometers for level sensing.
Also, thanks for bonus datasheets.

I would echo neobot's comments about how this is very useful info, and I would also like to see it in reviews, but would caution that there is much more than hardware in this sort of product. The V929 has some very smart software in it to do what it does. Its "synthetic autolevel" appears to do a better job than the KK2 with leveling accelerometers. I hope there will be auto flipping built into the KK2 and arduino code. I suppose there will be a hundred more parameters needing tweaking if there is
Islero is offline Find More Posts by Islero
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:47 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,466 Posts
I'd like to thank Synthex's posting specs and Islero is right, ask you shall recieve. I've taken transmitters apart before to show chipsets but most inquiries about details were for modding or hacking.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:10 PM
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts

I bought another bug and the version is V6 !
This new version seems to fly better ...
Synthex is offline Find More Posts by Synthex
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:37 PM
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts
I read the datasheet, and it seems that the microcontroller can be reprogrammed by the available port on the PCB ...

GND = Ground
DTA = Pin 20
CLK = Pin 19
RST = Pin 2
VDD = Power
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:54 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthex View Post
I read the datasheet, and it seems that the microcontroller can be reprogrammed by the available port on the PCB ...

GND = Ground
DTA = Pin 20
CLK = Pin 19
RST = Pin 2
VDD = Power
Interesting, do you have the programming knowledge\equipment to do so?
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:12 PM
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Interesting, do you have the programming knowledge\equipment to do so?
I have programming knowledge on Microchip PIC and Atmega, but not yet on ARM ...

This Serial Wire Debug port (SWD) can :
■Run Control of the processor allowing you to start and stop programs
■Single Step one source or assembler line
■Set breakpoints while the processor is running
■Read/write memory contents and peripheral registers on-the-fly
■Program internal and external FLASH memory

Cortex-M processor-based devices use the ARM CoreSight™ technology which introduces powerful new debug and trace capabilities.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:47 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,715 Posts
Great job S,
It is interesting that the manufacturing date is only about a month different between the two revisions. On the Rev 6 V202 flight controller, did they fix the hover glitch on the left front arm motor and the need to set the trims back pitch 8-10 clicks and right aileron 6-8 clicks?

We use an SWD and USB TTL and the STM Flash Loader with the AutoQuad, UAVX32Arm32F4, Naze32, which all use 32 bit Arm processors. It would be fun to modify some open source code for these micros

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:

I bought another bug and the version is V6 !
This new version seems to fly better ...
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:55 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,466 Posts
The Revision 6 board still has the veer-off to the left and trim issues, but it does fly a little better. I can't exactly pinpoint what it is........maybe a bit more aggressive? There is also 2 revisions of the remote, Rev 1 and 2. I have yet to determine a difference between them (and it's not Mode1/2).
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:05 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty case View Post
That's good penetration for a 50gram projectile!

lol
rc
Lucky it was light fresh snowfall, or else I wouldn't of even seen the entry hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islero
The V929 has some very smart software in it to do what it does. Its "synthetic autolevel" appears to do a better job than the KK2 with leveling accelerometers. I hope there will be auto flipping built into the KK2 and arduino code. I suppose there will be a hundred more parameters needing tweaking if there is

Such KK2 sacrilege!!! "self level in fw 1.4 is very good" and works very like the V202 (so how is it inferior ) and an "autoflipping KK2" ???? I'll sell all my KK2s if that ever happens. Learn to flip a Ladybird or something 1st.... it's NOT hard. (2 days ago, was just flipping my KK2 quad on low rates.... small loops instead of flips! ) freaked me out doing the 1st low-level flip. lol

Too bad the rev6 boards still have the flight bugs.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Last edited by vpsporb; Feb 13, 2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:16 PM
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Great job S,
It is interesting that the manufacturing date is only about a month different between the two revisions. On the Rev 6 V202 flight controller, did they fix the hover glitch on the left front arm motor and the need to set the trims back pitch 8-10 clicks and right aileron 6-8 clicks?

We use an SWD and USB TTL and the STM Flash Loader with the AutoQuad, UAVX32Arm32F4, Naze32, which all use 32 bit Arm processors. It would be fun to modify some open source code for these micros

Cheers,
Jim
Thanks

This USB programmer is about 29 USD : http://www.arm.com/community/partner...roductId/6598/

Is there a way to build a simple SWD programmer ?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:19 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,715 Posts
Hi S,
Yes! Look for the ARM F3 and F4 Discovery boards. They have an onboard SWD. Sometimes they give those away at trade shows, but Mouser and Digikey also have them for around $20.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Thanks

This USB programmer is about 29 USD : http://www.arm.com/community/partner...roductId/6598/

Is there a way to build a simple SWD programmer ?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:38 PM
Joined Sep 2011
37 Posts
How does the Mini Pet compare?
papaweely is offline Find More Posts by papaweely
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:53 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,466 Posts
The Mini Pet is a beginner's or leisurely-flying quad. It hovers extremly stable and is a gentle flyer. Of course I'm sure it would perform better in advanced mode, but it's too prone to accidentally flipping in advanced mode. It has the typical hum of other quads which the V202 has eliminated (with use of a coil I'm assuming).

The V202 is a high-end sports car. The main drawback is the slower yaw rate. Minor quirks are hands-off hover and the occasional veer to forward left, but with Mini Pet props these minor quirks almost go away. It's nearly bulletproof. The Mini Pet is tough too but does have a weak spot being the battery tray.

Both are good night flyers with the MP having slightly better lighting. The V202's prop color scheme (if you keep using the stock props over the Mini Pets) has the best visibility, which the Mini Pet used to be able to lay claim to.

Flips are effortless on the V202. On the Mini Pet you can use a button or do manual flips like the V02, but you have to be in advanced mode, where it's too easy to accidentally flip and crash.............the V202 when you do an accidental flip, it always follows through........no crashes.

In a nutshell if you've never flown anything before, I'd suggest the Mini Pet, although you could also learn on the V202 if you're the type that gets right back on a horse you've fallen off of. If you've flown before get the V202.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:45 AM
Joined Oct 2012
286 Posts
@MassiveOverkill can you tell us what radio chip V202 uses? It is not readable on your photo. Thanks.
victzh is offline Find More Posts by victzh
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:52 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,466 Posts
Hey Victzh,

Synthex was nice enough to get the info for us:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=700

I'll update the first post
Site Sponsor