HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:00 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,446 Posts
I have a V202 and a couple larger quads. From all the reading I have done, the V202 gets better reviews than the Husban-those rewiews from people who have flown both usually rate the V202 as better overall. I have no interest left in the Husban, but I would not mind having another V202, and I would reccommend the V202 to any level of flier.
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:23 PM
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaweely View Post
I am concerned about taxes and import duties;

Has anyone experienced this in an order to the USA?
No, I have not.
Yet.
It's most likely on the way.

No clue if applicable or what the import duty is, but Kalifornia State might determine my county 7.25% tax can be applied, for some reason unknown to me.

I am NOT a merchant.

Good luck
rc
rusty case is offline Find More Posts by rusty case
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:42 AM
Joined Dec 2012
66 Posts
Thanks, I have a 959 and 949 and am thinking about getting a V202...I have had no issues with ordering from Bang good to Canada with regards to shipping import charges...
Tomofono is offline Find More Posts by Tomofono
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:30 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
both the front tabs on it were a little bent (my friend may have been messing with it) so the front of the canopy kept popping up off the booms, and since it already sits so close to the props when properly secured it couldn't even be flown with the canopy on. he said he was able to secure it when he got home with some scotch tape, but I think I'm gonna make him a quick foam canopy.
Another canopy boom hole 'fix' I've used in the past is to take small squares of duct tape, just a bit larger than the hole, stick it to the inside of the canopy over the hole, then with an exacto knife just cut an 'x' in the middle of the tape. It takes out any slop and looseness in the canopy fit.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:15 PM
GOT WINGS
Joined Apr 2012
2,446 Posts
I have used clear scotch tape, fold it over to cover both sides of the hole and the tabs under the hole, then cut a hole through the tape, and cut a slot at the bottom. Improves strength and is flexible.
Last edited by siriusflier; Feb 11, 2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: add
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:38 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
The helicopter gods have smiled on me...my 202 was found and returned in perfect working order. I feel like a lost pet has made it's way home.
The sky gods were most gracious. w00p!

I was flying laps from the balcony today when my micro hit a branch and fell straight down into a fresh snow-bank. I go down to the lot beside to friutlessly look for it for awhile, until I notice what looked to be like a 2 motor/boom + canopy shape/disturbance in the snow but no micro. I dig around in the hole until I find it buried under ~7" of snow! had to go inside to thaw my frozen fingers... but yay.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:56 PM
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
buried under ~7" of snow!
That's good penetration for a 50gram projectile!

lol
rc
rusty case is offline Find More Posts by rusty case
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:14 PM
Joined Apr 2011
26 Posts
Gyro/accelerometer chip type

Hi thanks for the excellent review.
I'm interested to know what chips are on this board, particularly the sensors.
On the v929 there is a Invensense 3050 gyro only sensor. Does the 202 use an accelerometer as well?
thanks
Islero is offline Find More Posts by Islero
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:18 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,134 Posts
Welcome to the forums Islero. The V202 does have accelerometers but I haven't bothered to look up the chip manufacturer for the gyro or accelerometer.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:39 PM
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts
V202 hardware :

TOREX : XC6206P332MR : 662K : Voltage regulator LDO 3.3V
TOREX : E50N : Voltage booster step-up 5V
Inductor : 47uH : 470 : Inductor for voltage booster
Schottky Barrier Diode : S4 : Diode for voltage booster
MOSFET Transistor : A22T : Motor PWM control driver
Quartz for CPU : 16.000 : 16 MHz Crystal
NUVOTON : NuMicro MINI54ZAN ARM Cortex-M0 : MINI54ZAN 228AC : CPU 32bits ARM - ROM:16KB RAM:2KB - (32pin QFN)
BEKEN : BK2423 : Wireless RF 2.4GHz Transceiver Modules - (20pin QFN)
INVENSENSE : MPU-6050C : 6 Axis Accelerometer & Gyroscope - (24pin QFN)

CPU datasheet : http://www.keil.com/dd/docs/datashts..._datasheet.pdf
Synthex is offline Find More Posts by Synthex
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:55 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Man that's a tough post to follow Synthex...but I'll give it a shot.

Everybody chime in here cuz I'm curious...
What's your favorite thing to do with your 202, what do you spend the most time doing with it...or maybe even to it...

Me...I really high speed circuits, figure 8's, making it zip straight away from me then a fast turn on a dime then straight back at my face and pulling up hard just before it gets to me. Just gets better all the time. WLToys really hit the nail on the head with this one.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Last edited by BD Murdock; Feb 12, 2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:51 PM
GOT WINGS
Joined Apr 2012
2,446 Posts
I like doing the banked turns at high speed, you get to practice using all four sticks at once, throttle, elevator, aileron, and rudder. I have tried a few times to do the same with my V929s, but I haven't been very successful with them. Maybe some more practice with the V202 and I will be able to handle banked turns with the V929
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:05 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,134 Posts
I like taking my V202 in heavy winds as high as I can see it and watch the onlookers watch in disbelief, then drop throttle to zero, where the V202 will do a dead fall and eventually start falling either sideways or completely upside down and then hit the throttle and have it self-right. My second favorite stunt is the upside-down hand toss launch.

The other stunts I like doing is the same you do BD with the full speed run with sudden pulling on the reigns and also going underneath park tables.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:21 AM
Abundantly deficient.......
Orange County, CA
Joined May 2004
723 Posts
Flew some of this fast and furious stuff at the office today........completely blew them away! Mouths opened and jaws dropped as I raced full speed and pulled up into a still hover, banked figure eights and the like. Kinda surprised myself really. Anyway, all they could say was "I want one"! Seriously MO, I need to get three more of these ASAP. When will they be available?

M
CptMike is offline Find More Posts by CptMike
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:03 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthex View Post
V202 hardware :

TOREX : XC6206P332MR : 662K : Voltage regulator LDO 3.3V
TOREX : E50N : Voltage booster step-up 5V
Inductor : 47uH : 470 : Inductor for voltage booster
Schottky Barrier Diode : S4 : Diode for voltage booster
MOSFET Transistor : A22T : Motor PWM control driver
Quartz for CPU : 16.000 : 16 MHz Crystal
NUVOTON : NuMicro MINI54ZAN ARM Cortex-M0 : MINI54ZAN 228AC : CPU 32bits ARM - ROM:16KB RAM:2KB - (32pin QFN)
BEKEN : BK2423 : Wireless RF 2.4GHz Transceiver Modules - (20pin QFN)
INVENSENSE : MPU-6050C : 6 Axis Accelerometer & Gyroscope - (24pin QFN)

CPU datasheet : http://www.keil.com/dd/docs/datashts..._datasheet.pdf
now this i a shame because if i had of had actual hardware specs like this last week instead of "it flies great" i could of made a truly informed purchase and would of bought this v202 instead of getting another hubsan x4 simply because i knew full well it had a mpu3050 (the missus beat me up and took mine)

i had no idea some of these things had moved on to 32bit processors NO ONE mentioned it before? so seeing as you know so much about the v202 do you by any chance have info or links to other mini/micro quads that also have rather good hardware installed for the price please?

videos flying and reviews are great don't get me wrong but these "toys" have attracted a lot of new quad fliers who care nothing about a itg3205 which is used rather well in the syma x1 i thought but doesn't appear to work as well in the HJ997 mini pet (it drifts a lot) also i couldn't make out what the ACC was in that model? or the mpu3050 a bit aggressively tuned on the hubsan x4 but great stability none the less?

the info in your post is the exact info that should be in the 1st post of EVERY mini/micro thread and it should give the details before mentioning anything else but i guess thats just me being conditioned from the days where you had to make your KK board or MULTIWII or UAVX if you wanted to try flying a quad things are soooo easy now
neobot is offline Find More Posts by neobot
Last edited by neobot; Feb 13, 2013 at 04:09 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)