HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:13 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,617 Posts
MO, I almost started to order a UDI battery from BG along with some V929 parts because you were sold out of Nano 45cs, but I didn't get around to doing it before they shut for CNewYr. Now I think I will wait until you get the Nanos back in stock.
I am still interested in an H36, but I am spending so much time flying and modding my V202 (and loving it), that I realized that I have 5 copters in need of repair, 3 I could easily fix without buying parts, and 3 working copters I haven't even touched in at least 2 weeks, so I really need to stop thinking about getting something new until I at least take care of what I have now. My best 9958 has been sitting there waiting on soldering for at least two weeks because I have been too involved with the V202.
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:01 PM
Abundantly deficient.......
Orange County, CA
Joined May 2004
723 Posts
I just received my V202 yesterday from MO and gotta say that I can't remember when I've had such response from a vendor. Thanks MO for the ridiculous speed at which you answered my emails and got the thing to my door here in Cali. Crazy fast!
And this little V202.........the videos do no justice to it's ability, precision, sound and just stupid fun! I have bigger Quads, but this is really a lot of high-tech shoved into a very tiny package. Amazing really.

M
CptMike is offline Find More Posts by CptMike
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:32 PM
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
455 Posts
That's pretty colorful, Sirious! Looks like a clown face on the side.

I spent maybe 20 mins carefully cutting a side piece from a PET-g condiment bottle with a very sharp razor knife.... mostly trying NOT to slice myself to shreds...
...set it on my 202 and it was HUGE! lol

I'll need to re-think this! :-)
rc
rusty case is offline Find More Posts by rusty case
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:48 PM
Joined Jan 2013
17 Posts
Just ordered my MP props from MassiveRC... based on Bill's video they look like they help stability a whole lot. All ya'll v202 owners need to go pick up some of those props from MO
fyrebryan is offline Find More Posts by fyrebryan
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:18 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
Little flyin up at the park. Starts kinda slow and I do a bit of cartwheel practice at the end...I watch this and think to myself I gotta get better at recording lol. I gotta get a new camera my 808 #11 just doesn't look that good anymore. Maybe I shoould try recording earlier in the day but the way it reacts when I look up makes me wonder if it would just flash out and I wouldn't be able to see anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efFkG...ature=youtu.be
just caught your vid BD... Nice flying mate! a quite entertaining flight with the v202.. she flys real nice.
With the Winter freeze up harr I miss park-flying orientation circuits with LEDs. Although yours would confuse me a tic... being proper an all.
It's kinda neat when flying too far away to see the LEDs anymore and having to rely on seeing the booms rotate to enter the turn and to exit back towards you. 90/90 for a 180deg turn? definately got butterflies in my tummy doin that...

Sadly I'm still using my old #11to record my vids, I have to wait 'til the Spring thaw to search for my lost #16v2

Awww crap, just saw you lost your V202 to the Sky Gods .... my condolenses, I hope you recover her.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:11 AM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
AAHHHH!!! My 202...gone...
Damn BD, sorry to hear this. I'm suprised I havnt lost one these little devils myself. Good luck with your search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
It seems that if it isn't Chinese customs screwing us over its the Bank of China. They're still holding on to over $5K of our money which needed to reach our supplier before festivities began. Doesn't look like we'll be getting restocked before the festivities are over, which is really hurting business
Wow

Man, thats a lot of $/product to be tied-up. I feel for ya man, bummer. What if anything can be done about that?

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:06 AM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
Yup, thats what I was thinking and I did ask her if she could weigh in grams. With a very confused look on her face, she said no. I really don't think she had any idea how to, if she could. After looking at it again though, I might have lost that much because I forgot about the added weight of the LED's on the 202. Who knows. Thanks for the links to the scales, looks like I'll need to add one to my kit.

-Pat
Mass, could you tell me the exact weight of a bone stock 202 with a beetle canopy. I'm trying to figure-out how accurate the latest numbers a friend of mine came up with.

Stock 202 w/o batts and Beetle canopy 29.8 grams. I can't rmember if I gave her my 202 that you modded, or the bone stock other one I have??? (You did the LED mod to mine)

202/UDI 26.9 grams

X4 with Syma landing gear attached via 2 way tape. 27 grams.

Thanks,

-Pat
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:53 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier View Post
MO, I almost started to order a UDI battery from BG along with some V929 parts because you were sold out of Nano 45cs, but I didn't get around to doing it before they shut for CNewYr. Now I think I will wait until you get the Nanos back in stock.
I am still interested in an H36, but I am spending so much time flying and modding my V202 (and loving it), that I realized that I have 5 copters in need of repair, 3 I could easily fix without buying parts, and 3 working copters I haven't even touched in at least 2 weeks, so I really need to stop thinking about getting something new until I at least take care of what I have now. My best 9958 has been sitting there waiting on soldering for at least two weeks because I have been too involved with the V202.
Hobby King just gave us Swiss Post tracking numbers. Hopefully the 3-14 shipping time quote is accurate. We just ordered the Turnigy 600 mAh batteries as well (44 of them for now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptMike View Post
I just received my V202 yesterday from MO and gotta say that I can't remember when I've had such response from a vendor. Thanks MO for the ridiculous speed at which you answered my emails and got the thing to my door here in Cali. Crazy fast!
And this little V202.........the videos do no justice to it's ability, precision, sound and just stupid fun! I have bigger Quads, but this is really a lot of high-tech shoved into a very tiny package. Amazing really.

M
Thanks for sharing Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrebryan View Post
Just ordered my MP props from MassiveRC... based on Bill's video they look like they help stability a whole lot. All ya'll v202 owners need to go pick up some of those props from MO
Thanks Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
Damn BD, sorry to hear this. I'm suprised I havnt lost one these little devils myself. Good luck with your search.

Wow

Man, thats a lot of $/product to be tied-up. I feel for ya man, bummer. What if anything can be done about that?

-Pat

Mass, could you tell me the exact weight of a bone stock 202 with a beetle canopy. I'm trying to figure-out how accurate the latest numbers a friend of mine came up with.

Stock 202 w/o batts and Beetle canopy 29.8 grams. I can't rmember if I gave her my 202 that you modded, or the bone stock other one I have??? (You did the LED mod to mine)

202/UDI 26.9 grams

X4 with Syma landing gear attached via 2 way tape. 27 grams.

Thanks,

-Pat
Hey Pat,

Going to concentrate on some local sales of the X4, Mini Pet, and H36 while we patiently wait for updates. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do. I've never felt so helpless and at the mercy of something beyond my control.

Weight is right at 30 grams with Beetle canopy and without battery.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:27 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
I ordered two sets of CF booms for my 929 yesterday from BG and then sent an e-mail asking how long they thought they might be delayed, very politely of course. The reply - obviously she meant Feb 18th, unless that Lunar New Year festival screws with the timeline...
I don't know much about this festival but it must be quite the affair, It takes a disaster of serious proportions for us to take 2 weeks off...sad but true.

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your order.
I think we will start to send the parcel on Jan 18th.
Will you accept it?
I really sorry for all the inconvenience.

Looking forward to your early reply!

Regard!

Cinbe
BangGood.com
BangGood customer service team
Email: cservice@banggood.com
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:12 PM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Hey Pat,

Going to concentrate on some local sales of the X4, Mini Pet, and H36 while we patiently wait for updates. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do. I've never felt so helpless and at the mercy of something beyond my control.

Weight is right at 30 grams with Beetle canopy and without battery.
You would think expediting the transfer/investment of cash into businesses within their own country would be just one of many concerns "The Bank of China" would keep at the top of its lists. I guess not. I wish I knew how to help.

Thanks for the heads-up on the weight, I appreciate it.

-Pat
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:04 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,072 Posts
Wind, what wind

I've flown r/c fixed wing airplanes since 1970 and helicopters for about 7 years. I would never consider flying in 26 mph wind (gusting to 36)....but that changed today.

I took my V202 (from Massiveoverkill) out for a spin. WOW! It handled it great. The only problem was getting off the ground. It kept blowing over until I put the pedal to the metal and put the nose down. It flew great and was really fun. (not even nerve wracking). I tried to stay about 50 feet altitude, but it kept climbing. I would put the nose down and bore ahead. Downwind turns were a handfull, and upwind turns were really funny. When I turned upwind, it would drift backward until I put the nose down and hit the throttle. Flips worked, but were not pretty. It always came out in a different direction, but I HAD A BLAST.

It's supposed to get "really windy" tomorrow, but we'll see!
Swilson50
aka Stan in Dodge City, Kansas
Swilson50 is offline Find More Posts by Swilson50
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:43 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilson50 View Post
I've flown r/c fixed wing airplanes since 1970 and helicopters for about 7 years. I would never consider flying in 26 mph wind (gusting to 36)....but that changed today.

I took my V202 (from Massiveoverkill) out for a spin. WOW! It handled it great. The only problem was getting off the ground. It kept blowing over until I put the pedal to the metal and put the nose down. It flew great and was really fun. (not even nerve wracking). I tried to stay about 50 feet altitude, but it kept climbing. I would put the nose down and bore ahead. Downwind turns were a handfull, and upwind turns were really funny. When I turned upwind, it would drift backward until I put the nose down and hit the throttle. Flips worked, but were not pretty. It always came out in a different direction, but I HAD A BLAST.

It's supposed to get "really windy" tomorrow, but we'll see!
Swilson50
aka Stan in Dodge City, Kansas

Thanks for sharing Stan. My love for quads sprouted from the #1 problem alot of us East Coast Floridians have that fly: heavy winds.

You want some more fun tricks? Take her up really really high (so long as you have a large field if it's windy) and cut throttle to zero so that she eventually falls sideways or even upside down and then blip the throttle to 100% and watch the big grin on your face.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:02 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
I never consider wind much of a factor when I fly the 202. Or darkness.

One of the nice things about quads compared to fixed wings and helis is that you have roughly a 50/50 chance of landing on your feet from a crash. And this can lead to a new dimension of rc I call quawling (quadcopter crawling). It's where you crash in a tight spot on the floor, and it's difficult to just throttle straight up, and you have to slide and tilt your quad across the floor (around and under things) before its safe to go vertical again.. It requires a smooth surface of course.

I'd say a good 30% of the time I can quawl to freedom.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:06 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
The helicopter gods have smiled on me...my 202 was found and returned in perfect working order. I feel like a lost pet has made it's way home.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:59 PM
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
455 Posts
Quote:
The helicopter gods have smiled on me...my 202 was found and returned in perfect working order. I feel like a lost pet has made it's way home.
Hey!

That's GREAT news!

Congrats!
rc

how far did it get???
rusty case is offline Find More Posts by rusty case