HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 23, 2012, 04:57 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,359 Posts
Just tried the 808 cam on the auxillary power port......not enough juice to fire up the 808 cam.....bummer

Variant, I'm inclined to agree except for the X4\6044. You can see the mechanical nature of their yaw rates in the videos. The smoother quads, it can be hard to tell.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:04 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
So who has the best yaw? Or the fastest? The last time I flew something with a fast yaw was my V911. My poor little treebound V911.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,359 Posts
X4\6044 has the fastest yaw. V202 has the best yaw, taking into account I haven't flown the V1\V2 or Eye One yet.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:18 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
Videos don't really convey the differences between the quads too well, I've noticed. My U816 and the MiniPet feel like very different animals. One a hyper chiuaua The other a mellow house cat.
And in this case which one is the overdosed chiuaua?
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:25 PM
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
And in this case which one is the overdosed chiuaua?
The U816 is like a chiuaua definetly. In fast mode it feels caged when flying inside. It's got good response and stability but not precision. And it drifts a bit too much. I enjoy flying it out in a big open field but gets hard to orientate very quickly.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:38 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,601 Posts
I see, thanks for the response and don't forget to feed your "pets"
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Dec 23, 2012, 05:58 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,285 Posts
Mini Quad shoot out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
Videos don't really convey the differences between the quads too well, I've noticed. My U816 and the MiniPet feel like very different animals. One a hyper chiuaua The other a mellow house cat.
I'll try to rectify that for you with more updates and I'll breakout the HD Video cam and get it strapped to my head somehow. I'm having so much fun, that I can't resist. LOL
cyberbillp is offline Find More Posts by cyberbillp
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbillp View Post
I'll try to rectify that for you with more updates and I'll breakout the HD Video cam and get it strapped to my head somehow. I'm having so much fun, that I can't resist. LOL
Micro quads are one thing where full 1080p and 60ps would be best for. Its a shame Youtube only supports 30fps. Instead of having all the ads sprouting up to make money, they should let people pay for 60fps accounts.

My advice on shooting video of these things would be to try for a cloudy day as much as possible. Most cameras have bad lattitude and can't handle drastic light changes while following a subject. And the other is to do most flying as close to the camera as possible. Otherwise it's like trying to watch a few pixels moving around on the screen. Some footage of my own quads has confirmed this.

By the way one of these things is easy to make:

Works well....but I wouldn't walk around in public with one though.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:15 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,359 Posts
One mod that unleashes the LEDs on the V202\V939 is to either remove the LED holders and superglue the LEDs in place or shorten the length of the LED holders so that more of the LED is exposed.

With them exposed, the V202 is as almost as visible to fly at night as the MP, although the flashing red\blue of the MP still has a slight edge.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:49 PM
United States, DE, Dover
Joined Oct 2011
393 Posts
wow dude, I like your product here this v202. count me in for versatility for indoor and outdoor.... AND the LED light set so I don't have to hook them up sweet!!! ... the nanotech battery on your site... is it compatible? sorry if asked before
Smoothcruizer3 is offline Find More Posts by Smoothcruizer3
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:00 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,359 Posts
Hey Smooth, LED's are built in just like it's brother the V939, but there's also an auxilliary power plug (not sufficient for 808 cam use unfortunately) also tied to the LED swtich on the transmitter. Our Turnigy's are compatible as we reverse the polarity for all micro quads (and leave them stock when requested for other micro quads such as the Helimax 1SQ). We're down to our last three but our Hobby King shipment just left for the states, so hopefully we won't be out of stock for too long.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined Nov 2012
9 Posts
Dare I ask how many v202's you're gonna have at release, or are you going to run out right off the bat? Any way to let us know when you'll have them order for purchase so we don't miss out?
vermifax is offline Find More Posts by vermifax
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:17 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermifax View Post
Dare I ask how many v202's you're gonna have at release, or are you going to run out right off the bat? Any way to let us know when you'll have them order for purchase so we don't miss out?
Hey Vermifax, welcome to the forums. We have 150 on hand. While we would be ecstatic if they sold out in a week, I don't think that's going to happen. If it does, we can be restocked usually in 1-2 weeks depending on how bad customs is. We'll usually make another order before we run out of stock. If they did sell out in a week, our next batch would be twice the amount (300).

With the Turnigy batteries, it was unavoidable as HK was OOS, but we made an order as soon as they came back in stock, which are on their way to us as we speak.

I'll have the website show them for sale hopefully a day or two after Christmas along with accessories and spare parts.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:06 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
So MO, is this WL Toys' answer to the x4? Where's the line to the check out?
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:04 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
So MO, is this WL Toys' answer to the x4? Where's the line to the check out?
Stone, I think the V202 is going to give the X4 run for its money. It beats it in daytime visibility and night time flying. As far as flight performance, I prefer the smoothness of the V202's rates over the robotic action of the X4, but others may prefer the X4\604(3\4)'s all or nothing cyclic action which is why we're not ruling out carrying the 604(3\4).

Hubsan\Traxxas owners are going to constantly have to buy motors because they have yet to address the motor cap popping off problem by integrating prop motor guards. What the Traxxas video doesn't tell you is that popping the motor end cap back on doesn't always fix the motor. If the commutator fingers aren't aligned when you press the cap back on, you'll crush and ruin them. The Mini Pet \ V202 \ H36 prop motor guard design almost guarantees you'll wear a motor out before you pop off a motor cap.

Hands-on hovering is almost effortless both inside and out, while hands-off hovering isn't as easy but a point almost moot.

That Hubsan 25mph car chase, I'm sure the 6043\4, H36 and V202 can match it if not beat it. We just need a 3rd person (Bill, me, and a third) to safely pull off the speed test.

Flips: Hubsan flips are pretty easy but I can't do them in rapid succession like I can the V202. I do like that I don't have to switch back and forth between modes on the Hubsan to avoid accidental flips. Accidental flips are possible on the V202, but at least it's an accidental flip and not an accidental flip that results in a crash.
Site Sponsor