HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:34 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
Would it be a better idea to just go with the batteries it comes with until the spare 25C's are in and then order extras?
Wait until we get the ones that are coming as they could be better or worse than the stock 25C as they are being custom-made.

The Mini Pet lipos are fine for casual flying and longer flight times.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:35 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Don't have an answer for the apparent voltage difference. But I think swapping one pair of booms diagonally would accomplish what you want, wouldn't it? (Assuming swapping booms is easier than soldering led's.)
You still have to solder unfortunately.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:44 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
WLToys V202 LED and prop orientation swapping 101

Gents,
KISS(Keep It Simple Smartone) I know you like to solder as much as I do If your goal here is to put the green LEDs on the front and blue on the back, here is an easy solution:

1. Swap the M2 and M4 props so the green props are on the green LEDs.
2. Swap the M1 and M3 props for the same reason.
3. Remove the flight controller board and rotate it 180 degrees and replace.
4. Swap the M1 and M3 connectors.
5. Swap the M2 and M4 connectors.

Note: I mark the black motor wires with silver marker 0-3 dots to keep track of their original locations. If you mix them up then just plug them in to any socket one at a time and apply a bit of power to source the correct motor for the plug...easy

Also note that both LED sockets provide lipo voltage. Both are switched with the top right button on the Tx. The resistors for the LEDs are in the wiring.

...and yes, like a freshly washed car, the V202 flies better this way

Photo attached.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Don't have an answer for the apparent voltage difference. But I think swapping one pair of booms diagonally would accomplish what you want, wouldn't it? (Assuming swapping booms is easier than soldering led's.)
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Jan 09, 2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:02 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,185 Posts
That's good Jim, now you just need to modify the instructions if BD wants green on left and blue on right (or vice versa)
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:12 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by massiveoverkill View Post
url]http://www.massiverc.com/prestashop/44-prop-guard-stock.html[/url]
lmfao!
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:23 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
lmfao!
I don't think a lot of people got it or thought is was funny
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:27 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
But seriously you should include a set of them free for people who ask for it. In place of (or in addition to) the candy.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:36 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
I wanted to try the mini pet prop switch; and while I was at it, put on the MP canopy as well. Result is one nimble bee. Reminds me of a 914 ("poor man's Porsche") I once owned, not lightning fast, but man it handles like a dream.

WL Toys v202 with Mini Pet props and canopy (5 min 11 sec)
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:38 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,185 Posts
Quote:
But seriously you should include a set of them free for people who ask for it. In place of (or in addition to) the candy.
But what will the quads live off of during their journey to their new owners?

We're trying to find a source of the Lady Bird guards or something similar. If I had the tooling to cut them consistently to size, it would be viable. I've gone to crafts stores looking for plastic beads that will do the job. There's something already out there that will work perfectly (without cutting), we just have to find it.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:42 PM
Joined Sep 2008
82 Posts
Um, having an issue ordering MO, set up an account and such, and got to the last phase where I select shipping method and agree to terms, then click next and it just sits there trying to open the page.....not timing out though for some reason, just sitting there trying to load....
Urufu_Shinjiro is offline Find More Posts by Urufu_Shinjiro
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:02 PM
United States, GA, Mt Airy
Joined Dec 2001
984 Posts
Quote:
Hey I'm still saving up my spare change every day after work. I'll have enough by 2014

MO you got my MP props here too fast, I have not had time to cut motor guards. No TV for me tonight
UniversalRC is offline Find More Posts by UniversalRC
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:17 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Um, having an issue ordering MO, set up an account and such, and got to the last phase where I select shipping method and agree to terms, then click next and it just sits there trying to open the page.....not timing out though for some reason, just sitting there trying to load....
Could be a firewall issue, I cannot completely load store pages at work, but loads fine at home.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:39 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,185 Posts
Quote:
Hey bud, we sent an order out but don't know if it was you. Can you PM me your real name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalRC View Post
Hey I'm still saving up my spare change every day after work. I'll have enough by 2014

MO you got my MP props here too fast, I have not had time to cut motor guards. No TV for me tonight
I'm waiting for someone to actually add it to their cart.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:44 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,208 Posts
Prop guards

Quote:
But what will the quads live off of during their journey to their new owners?

We're trying to find a source of the Lady Bird guards or something similar. If I had the tooling to cut them consistently to size, it would be viable. I've gone to crafts stores looking for plastic beads that will do the job. There's something already out there that will work perfectly (without cutting), we just have to find it.
Lowes stocks #6 and #8 nylon washers. I grabbed a bunch of the #6 with the intent of putting them on the H36, but the inner diameter is just a touch to small. Next time I go, I'm getting some #8's. I think they will work.

So for the v202, I suspect you can google for some #2 or #0 flat nylon washers and buy a bag of 1000 for $20 or something. I imagine 2 or 3 stacked would be perfect.
cyberbillp is online now Find More Posts by cyberbillp
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:09 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
NAV light set-up is red on port side front & back green on starboard front & back looking at vehicle from behind. Theoretically I could still use the green LED's, and if I knew thier values could match reds to them. There's no way to know though without a data sheet on them.

It's just me...since I started fiddling with things that fly I've taught myself orientation based on NAV lights, port & starboard red and green left and right. I'm just set in my ways so I'll figure it out one way or another even if I have to build another set like the one on my LB.

I sure wouldn't want to have to replace a boom though...a wiring / re-wiring de-soldering / soldering nightmare.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock