HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:00 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
We also talked extensively about the upcoming plans WLToys has for 2013...and although I cannot tell you guys what they are specifically,I can say that I'm certainly going to save up for a few of them :P

It's going to be an exciting year!
Come on give us a few hints....
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:20 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
I was a little skeptical on MO's comment of the MP props making that much of a difference to the flight characteristics, but I am here to double check his findings and man, it really calms the 202 down indoors. Now I really think the 202 will give the X4 a run for its money!

I've sent feedback to WLToys and Mr. Tsai (Cai), the owner of the company, said he's going to buy some to try them out tomorrow. We also talked extensively about the upcoming plans WLToys has for 2013...and although I cannot tell you guys what they are specifically,I can say that I'm certainly going to save up for a few of them :P

It's going to be an exciting year!

What a quad tease.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:11 PM
United States, GA, Mt Airy
Joined Dec 2001
956 Posts
I'm looking forward to more WL models as long as James and Romeo are going to carry them. Count me in for 1 or 2 of each
UniversalRC is offline Find More Posts by UniversalRC
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:25 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,214 Posts
I hope WL toys come up with something that'll give the Eye One a run for its money.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:42 PM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
I can confirm that you can get a hands-off hover with the Mini Pet props.
Same result with LB props. Also seems to flip easier and recover quicker. I'm in a room with a 7' ceiling and I've gotten multiple flips in succession in the top third of the airspace. Maybe it's just a result of practicing them more

On another note, during very still hovering with no input, every now and then the 202 gets this odd little twitch like there was just a micro input to one of the channels and it just tics to one direction ever so slightly, again with no input.
I notice it mostly at 60 & 80 rates. I'm sure the only reason I've noticed it at all is because I've spent a great deal of flight time just trying to make it sit still, I'm still only indoors with it.
Last edited by BD Murdock; Jan 06, 2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:55 PM
United States, KY, Owensboro
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Hey BD. I noticed the slight glitch today also. It happened several times in a stable hover, always the left front motor. It dips down just a little, then tries to correct, but usually ends up flying off in that direction.
SlyKYFox is offline Find More Posts by SlyKYFox
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:40 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
Same result with LB props. Also seems to flip easier and recover quicker. I'm in a room with a 7' ceiling and I've gotten multiple flips in succession in the top third of the airspace. Maybe it's just a result of practicing them more

On another note, during very still hovering with no input, every now and then the 202 gets this odd little twitch like there was just a micro input to one of the channels and it just tics to one direction ever so slightly, again with no input.
I notice it mostly at 60 & 80 rates. I'm sure the only reason I've noticed it at all is because I've spent a great deal of flight time just trying to make it sit still, I'm still only indoors with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyKYFox View Post
Hey BD. I noticed the slight glitch today also. It happened several times in a stable hover, always the left front motor. It dips down just a little, then tries to correct, but usually ends up flying off in that direction.
Yep, at first I thought it was something in the shop that was making them do that. BD you don't know what you're missing. It's funny it only does the veering thing when no input is being given like it's getting uptight and telling you "Please fly me somewhere I'm getting bored!!"
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:00 PM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyKYFox View Post
Sly it's the left front on mine as well. Mine dips ever so slightly and I get it corrected easily enough, just an odd little twitch. I was just curious if anybody else had experienced it. Good to know I'm not the only one.

Quote:
Yep, at first I thought it was something in the shop that was making them do that. BD you don't know what you're missing. It's funny it only does the veering thing when no input is being given like it's getting uptight and telling you "Please fly me somewhere I'm getting bored!!"
I know MO this things beggin me to take it outside, should be able to next week. The problem is I do not enjoy unscheduled landings in the snow. I've just got this phobia about frying a FCB after a snowy crash. These have to be the first version boards right MO? Just call us the shakedown crew.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:21 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,795 Posts
Alot of them veer to the left front, but not all of them. I haven't noticed veering to the rear yet. They all do it and the newer revision board has the same problem (I only have one in stock and can't see any difference between it and the older revision).

BD, get some Corrosion X. It's really good stuff and is made for electronics that get submerged under water, so it should be able to handle snow moisture.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:46 PM
United States, KY, Owensboro
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
It definitely likes to be on the move I'm going to have to find some of the mini pet props and try on it. I believe if the yaw rate was a little better, this would be the perfect indoor micro quad.
SlyKYFox is offline Find More Posts by SlyKYFox
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:27 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,795 Posts
808 cam vid from Saturday's testing session. I didn't even expect her to get off the ground with the 808 cam strapped in 15mph winds.

WL Toys V202 with 808 cam in 15mph winds (1 min 54 sec)

I have over 1.5 hours worth of video from that day but am too tired to edit it. You all don't want the raw video do you? There's about 15 minutes worth of Bill and I looking for an H36 on the ground.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:43 PM
XFM
eXperimental Flying Machines
Joined Aug 2010
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
Come on give us a few hints....
The trend is towards FPV.
Look at Hubsan, Walkera, RC Logger
XFM is offline Find More Posts by XFM
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:02 PM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFM View Post
The trend is towards FPV.
Look at Hubsan, Walkera, RC Logger
That's cool with me so long as we're talkin a certain level of quality in the cam gear, minimum 720p, small light betteries etc. I'd rather pay more for quality than less for convenience.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:25 AM
XFM
eXperimental Flying Machines
Joined Aug 2010
403 Posts
Then you may be disappointed. Keeping in mind WL, Silverlit etc. are toy companies.

You can always strap on a HD keychain camera along for the ride

Flying Toys Sky Eye Helicopter From Silverlit (0 min 31 sec)
XFM is offline Find More Posts by XFM
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:26 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,282 Posts
@BD, sorry man I went to sleep right after posting the message. I didn't hear of an FPV project... I will confirm on what I can and cannot say once I talk to WLToys and the bunch again
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member