HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:28 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
Hi MO,
The fast red LED will stay that way if you just hold it because it is waiting for the model to be motionless. It will go to a slow blink after about 3 seconds when it is set down even if upside down or at a 45 degree angle. It will slow blink until you move the throttle full up then full minimum and then when it binds the LED will go solid.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Guys check again.......there's a fast flashing LED, which then turns to a slow flashing. The slow flashing is the quad waiting for bind. The fast flashing does not go away until I have the quad level.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:37 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmirtygorachyov View Post
Yes, and then when i switch to 20 percent, it binds again instantly. The red light flashes on the quad when i set it to 100 percent like its looking for a controller. Is my controller dead ish?
I have one board that will automatically lose bind and flash its LED rapidly as if the bird has hit LVC when you throttle up past 30%. It's the weirdest thing. Nothing seems loose or burned up. It's not the transmitter as I've tried a known good working one.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:42 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi MO,
The fast red LED will stay that way if you just hold it because it is waiting for the model to be motionless. It will go to a slow blink after about 3 seconds when it is set down even if upside down or at a 45 degree angle. It will slow blink until you move the throttle full up then full minimum and then when it binds the LED will go solid.
Cheers,
Jim
So that tells me once the fast flashing is done your gyro is intialized and any movement thereafter should not affect the gyro lock in, guess I'll have to experiment and see if gyro lock in occurs after the fast flashing stops or when you bind.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:56 AM
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
MO,
That is correct. Even if you put it at a 45 degree angle after powering the V202 and let the red LED go to a slow blink, then put it at the opposite 45 degree angle, or even upside down, it will stay slow blinking and will arm when you push full up and then full minimum on the throttle. Then when it is placed on a flat surface and if it is trimmed properly it will fly straight up when hover power is applied.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
So that tells me once the fast flashing is done your gyro is intialized and any movement thereafter should not affect the gyro lock in, guess I'll have to experiment and see if gyro lock in occurs after the fast flashing stops or when you bind.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:57 AM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
D,
How much trim and in what channels do you have when this happens? This probably has something to do with the Tx endpoints on one or more of the channels getting too far out of tolerance for the flight controller when the Tx is in the 100% setting and inducing disarming.

NOTE: I just tried setting all variations of trims to the max at 100% and could not duplicate your issue. So unless your Tx or possibly Rx is outof tolerance, that is not likley your problem. Check to see that your antenna is soldered well to the flight controller.
Cheers,
Jim
Sorry I dont understand some of the jargon. what does Tx and Rx mean? thans for your help. The antenna looks pretty well soldered. I tried binding it to my older v929 receiver but it didnt seem to want to bind. Could that mean something? I tried at all different percentages on the older one.
dmirtygorachyov is offline Find More Posts by dmirtygorachyov
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:01 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,185 Posts
Tx = Transmitter
Rx = Receiver

V202 doesn't use FlySky Protocol so it won't bind to older WL Toys transmitters.

Thanks for the binding confirmation Jim.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:03 AM
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
Hi D,
Tx=transmitter. Rx=receiver. It will not bind with the V929 or other FlySky/Turnigy 9x protocols because the V202 diverted from the WLToys use of FlySky protocol. The V202 uses a different proprietary protocol.

Like MO mentioned, are you positive your lipo is fully charged?

Cheers,
Jim

Quote:
Sorry I dont understand some of the jargon. what does Tx and Rx mean? thans for your help. The antenna looks pretty well soldered. I tried binding it to my older v929 receiver but it didnt seem to want to bind. Could that mean something? I tried at all different percentages on the older one.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:12 AM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
Hi D,
Tx=transmitter. Rx=receiver. It will not bind with the V929 or other FlySky/Turnigy 9x protocols because the V202 diverted from the WLToys use of FlySky protocol. The V202 uses a different proprietary protocol.

Like MO mentioned, are you positive your lipo is fully charged?

Cheers,
Jim
Yes my lipo is fully charged. I flew it like 3 times today, charged it till the red light turned off on the charger.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:31 AM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
D,
How much trim and in what channels do you have when this happens? This probably has something to do with the Tx endpoints on one or more of the channels getting too far out of tolerance for the flight controller when the Tx is in the 100% setting and inducing disarming.

NOTE: I just tried setting all variations of trims to the max at 100% and could not duplicate your issue. So unless your Tx or possibly Rx is outof tolerance, that is not likley your problem. Check to see that your antenna is soldered well to the flight controller.
Cheers,
Jim
I had no trim set. if my tx or rx is out of tolerance, what should i do? It had this issue since i took it out of its box. The main reason i got this is for tiny acrobatics, i would be quite : ( if it couldnt do flips :' (
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:34 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,185 Posts
Where did you get it from? Can you return it?
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:38 AM
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
D,
Try to set 10 clicks of back pitch trim and 8 clicks of right aileron/roll trim and see if that allows you to use 100%. Otherwise I would send it back to your Vender for replacement.

It no doubt will still do uncontrollable flips with its current 100% setting malfunction as it is when it loses the bind...
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
I had no trim set. if my tx or rx is out of tolerance, what should i do? It had this issue since i took it out of its box. The main reason i got this is for tiny acrobatics, i would be quite : ( if it couldnt do flips :' (
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:36 AM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
D,
Try to set 10 clicks of back pitch trim and 8 clicks of right aileron/roll trim and see if that allows you to use 100%. Otherwise I would send it back to your Vender for replacement.

It no doubt will still do uncontrollable flips with its current 100% setting malfunction as it is when it loses the bind...
Cheers,
Jim
Why those specific settings? It didnt work, but i contacted banggood to see if theres anything that can be done about it. Thanks for your help guys.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:28 AM
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
D,
I suggested those trim settings because most Gents are finding the V202 requires trims somewhere in that range for pitch and roll correction. This is due to either the centering of the steps in the Tx or the miss-match of the neutral pitch and roll centering coded in the V202 flight controller. This is obviously something that should have been caught and properly set by the manufacturers for better trim when the Tx trims are set to zero.

The workaround for now are those suggested trim settings +/- a few clicks as needed to keep it from wandering away too quickly in a no wind environment. As most Gents know, the wind will always push it without pilot correction.

It is probably not worth the cost of sending it back to BG, so keep it for spare parts. The motors and props can be used on most other micros. Maybe BG can send you another V202 at a discount. You can never have too many multicopters
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Why those specific settings? It didnt work, but i contacted banggood to see if theres anything that can be done about it. Thanks for your help guys.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:14 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
I can't remember who posted this awhile back but I'm gonna try it. I think it was in the LB thread, adjust stick position while binding to compensate for needed Tx trimming. So while binding add some percentage of aft pitch to the right stick to trick the Tx or Rx....

Make any sense?

Edit: Haven't had a chance to try it yet but in retrospect even if it works the Tx wouldn't hold that stick adjustment from flight to flight so it would have to be done each time...not much use given that.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Last edited by BD Murdock; Jan 04, 2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:25 AM
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
Hi BD,
I just tested that and putting in some stick will it will change the drift settings during initial power on of the Tx when the V202 is already powered.

Here is what I found:
1. Put in zero trims.
2. Power on the Tx and V202.
3. Turn off the Tx.
4. Hold the pitch stick forward a bit, not too much and hold.
5. Power on the Tx, release the stick, then do the full throttle to min throttle to arm.

The V202 flight controller when powered on, takes a look at the Tx channel steps and decides that is the channel center when the Tx is subsequently powered on.

The thing to keep in mind is that it is opposite of trim, i.e., put the stick in the direction the V202 drifts when it is at zero trim to cancel the drift. You can cycle the Tx power this way to fine-tune to get the results you want. Or you can just use the trim buttons

Of course powering on the Tx last and leaving the model powered is not the way to safety train Noobs to fly RC.

Maybe WLToys will properly fix this one day?
Cheers,
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
I can't remember who posted this awhile back but I'm gonna try it. I think it was in the LB thread, adjust stick position while binding to compensate for needed Tx trimming. So while binding add some percentage of aft pitch to the right stick to trick the Tx or Rx....

Make any sense?

Edit: Haven't had a chance to try it yet but in retrospect even if it works the Tx wouldn't hold that stick adjustment from flight to flight so it would have to be done each time...not much use given that.
Last edited by jesolins; Jan 04, 2013 at 11:31 AM.