Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:06 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyKYFox View Post
The yaw rate is the same for me, a lot slower than i'm used too(still fun to fly though). How long of flight times are you guys getting? I noticed after 6 min, just hovering around, the pack comes off at 3.7v. I don't think you should take them lower than that correct?
With the stock battery, I doubt I get 6 minutes combined flight time before the quad gets noticably sluggish. I would estimate more like 5 minutes, which is more than adequate for my needs. If anything, I would wish for a battery that provides more punch, rather than more flight time.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:11 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyKYFox View Post
The yaw rate is the same for me, a lot slower than i'm used too(still fun to fly though).
I've noticed the same indoors, the 202 is not a pirouetting ballerina by any stretch but by the same token I haven't had it outside yet and I've seen CyberbillP's vid on youtube where he does a full roll while in FFF. That's what I wanna do right there.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:43 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,659 Posts
Hey MO,

When are you going to sell the V202 canopies by themselves? I wanna try it out on my H36.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:15 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
1,044 Posts
OMG - That video is awesome!

So tonight, I replaced all four props, tightened all the screws, removed the FC board and mounted it with foam, and flew, expecting it to not drift and.....

drum roll....

no change at all. *sigh*

So this is not a thumbs-off dead motionless bird. It's QUITE possible that outdoors, away from all the propwash blowing around the office/bedroom here, it may get el-perfecto. But I don't think so. It's no work at all to hold the quad still, but you have to have you thumbs on it like Massive O. said. He's so smart. lol

Oh, to extend flying time move the LED connector to the aux port and turn off the LED's with the right TX button.
cyberbillp is online now Find More Posts by cyberbillp
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:21 PM
Joined Nov 2012
9 Posts
Does anyone know how quickly you have to have it level once you connect the battery?
vermifax is offline Find More Posts by vermifax
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:22 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
Joined Feb 2011
4,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Hey MO,

When are you going to sell the V202 canopies by themselves? I wanna try it out on my H36.
What, you mean this?

http://www.massiverc.com/PrestaShop/...on-canopy.html
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:27 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermifax View Post
Does anyone know how quickly you have to have it level once you connect the battery?
Not very long 3-4 seconds, I take that back.........you can hold the quad vertically and it won't start the calibration process until it's somewhat level. So once it's level, you have 3-4 seconds
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:31 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,216 Posts
Quote:
Actually, you can put it in any position, even upside down, and it will fly fine; as long as you don't move it when binding.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:38 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,418 Posts
Hi V,
Since the V202 has a factory pre-set accelerometer, the level it has when binding is not important. When you turn on the Tx, then power the V202, the red LED blinks continuously until you push up the throttle, then put it to minimum. That is when it binds and arms and zeroes the gyros. So you have plenty of time to put it down and leave it still before raising and lowering the throttle. You will see little if any difference even if you armed it upside down or on a 45 degree angle. It will still level as long as it was motionless when it was armed.

Edit: Yep...basically the same info as the Gents above. I type sloooooooowwwww

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:43 PM
Joined Feb 2011
4,797 Posts
Guys check again.......there's a fast flashing LED, which then turns to a slow flashing. The slow flashing is the quad waiting for bind. The fast flashing does not go away until I have the quad level.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:55 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Win! Thanks a lot.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:27 PM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Hey guys, Ive been lurking around and eventually decided to get the v202. It just arrived and im wondering if you guys know how to fix this issue I have. Whenever I set my remote control to 100% rudder setting, it always unbinds and refuses to bind with my v202.

Im using the RTF remote control so it shouldnt be acting this way should it? It works perfectly on 20, 40, 60 and 80. Can someone help me out? Thank you <3
dmirtygorachyov is offline Find More Posts by dmirtygorachyov
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:27 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmirtygorachyov View Post
Hey guys, Ive been lurking around and eventually decided to get the v202. It just arrived and im wondering if you guys know how to fix this issue I have. Whenever I set my remote control to 100% rudder setting, it always unbinds and refuses to bind with my v202.

Im using the RTF remote control so it shouldnt be acting this way should it? It works perfectly on 20, 40, 60 and 80. Can someone help me out? Thank you <3
So you mean when you click the top left button till it gets to 100%, the already bound quad becomes unbound?
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:35 PM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
So you mean when you click the top left button till it gets to 100%, the already bound quad becomes unbound?
Yes, and then when i switch to 20 percent, it binds again instantly. The red light flashes on the quad when i set it to 100 percent like its looking for a controller. Is my controller dead ish?
dmirtygorachyov is offline Find More Posts by dmirtygorachyov
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:20 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,418 Posts
D,
How much trim and in what channels do you have when this happens? This probably has something to do with the Tx endpoints on one or more of the channels getting too far out of tolerance for the flight controller when the Tx is in the 100% setting and inducing disarming.

NOTE: I just tried setting all variations of trims to the max at 100% and could not duplicate your issue. So unless your Tx or possibly Rx is outof tolerance, that is not likley your problem. Check to see that your antenna is soldered well to the flight controller.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmirtygorachyov View Post
Yes, and then when i switch to 20 percent, it binds again instantly. The red light flashes on the quad when i set it to 100 percent like its looking for a controller. Is my controller dead ish?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Jan 04, 2013 at 05:37 AM.