HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:02 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
My pleasure Ben

Guys, those of you who have received your orders and the charger doesn't seem to be charging one side or the other, with the charger unplugged, take a small screwdriver and bend the pins slightly towards the charging light. This will put enough pressure so that the pins will engage the battery contacts better. This will be done on all the stock chargers from here on out, but you may have to repeat the process after so many charges if the pins bend back.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:25 PM
United States, DE, Dover
Joined Oct 2011
394 Posts
Flew outdoors today in 6-8mph winds. Straight line speed was spectacular guys. Wish it is fast when you get on it is no problem. Must be doing 30 mph plus. . I wanted so badly to bank it and turn at this speed but I am still uncomfortable with 6 axis though it feels locked in better. I need a calm day outside! Mother nature ihs been awful where I live...
Smoothcruizer3 is offline Find More Posts by Smoothcruizer3
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:03 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Too cold outside...can only fly inside...how about practicing close quarters flippin!
Lottsa fun, I discovered the best flippin happens when batt is fresh right at the start of the flight. I figured out you hafta give it throttle to keep it from sinking, looks cool if you can recover at the same hieght as your flip, tricky timing. Another thing I quickly discovered, at 100% rates it's easy to overcompensate after the flip...resulting in another flip. It flips real easy and wants to instantly with just even a tad too much of either elevator or aileron. Great stuff though, very good precision stick practice...especially after the flip.

V202 Indoors Flippin (0 min 45 sec)
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:34 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Thanks for the vid BD, now here's a trick you all need to try that I forgot about until James reminded me:

Hand launch your V202 upside down. Just throw it in the air upside down and apply throtte
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:37 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
My new blog for the LED mod

The LED holders on the WL toys V939 and V202 quads mask alot of the LED light. In addition, on a hard crash you can lose them. Not to worry. Simply take some heat shrink and pre-shrink it on a screwdriver shaft and slide it over the LEDs

I used 3\16th shrink tubing and just picked a Philips head screwdriver that was slightly smaller than the diameter of the LED holder. Cut the heat shrink to about half the length of the stock holder. You can always trim after you shrink it as well.

Heat shrink cut and ready to be shrunk:

Shrunk:

Installed, compared to stock holder (left is stock, right is heat shrink):

Light test, left is new, right is stock:

Now the V939\V202 can give the Mini Pet a run for its money at night Thanks to Bill for the idea to use heat shrink.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:08 PM
United States, GA, Mt Airy
Joined Dec 2001
999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Thanks for the vid BD, now here's a trick you all need to try that I forgot about until James reminded me:

Hand launch your V202 upside down. Just throw it in the air upside down and apply throtte
Tried it outside. WOW, I can throw it sideways 20 ft. up, punch on the power and she rights herself and hovers there waiting for more

Thanks Massive !!

Bruce
UniversalRC is offline Find More Posts by UniversalRC
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:56 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalRC View Post
Tried it outside. WOW, I can throw it sideways 20 ft. up, punch on the power and she rights herself and hovers there waiting for more

Thanks Massive !!

Bruce
Pretty neat eh!? Credit goes to James for noticeing it in the videos and trying it first.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:25 PM
CB100, 4#6, V911, V939, V912
Modesto, CA
Joined Jan 2006
216 Posts
Quote:
Pretty neat eh!? Credit goes to James for noticeing it in the videos and trying it first.
Ok, now I have to have one. How much is actual shipping to Northern California?
heligeek is offline Find More Posts by heligeek
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:28 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
1,897 Posts
Quote:
Are you sure this isn't just another one of your Jedi mind tricks to sell more (replacement) v202's?

I really wish somebody could compare this back to back with the RC Eye One to see if it would bring anything new to the table for me. I'm thinkin' about it . . . .

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:45 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heligeek View Post
Ok, now I have to have one. How much is actual shipping to Northern California?
So we just shipped one to Tustin, CA 92782 and it cost $9.62. It will never be greater than $10.85 though as we'll just use a Priority Medium Flat rate box.

All V202 and H36 orders ship by weight instead of flate rate, usually saving you all 4-6 bucks off the normal Priority Medium Flate rate we were using. The more accessories you buy, the higher the shipping cost, but it will never be more than $10.85 so long as it fits in the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post

Are you sure this isn't just another one of your Jedi mind tricks to sell more (replacement) v202's?

I really wish somebody could compare this back to back with the RC Eye One to see if it would bring anything new to the table for me. I'm thinkin' about it . . . .

regards . . . g
Here's Murman's take G:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2467
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:42 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
1,897 Posts
Quote:
OK so it looks like it might actually be worthwhile in addition to the Eye One. It certainly is less espensive.

What is ship running to Canada for one of these?

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:43 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
OK so it looks like it might actually be worthwhile in addition to the Eye One. It certainly is less espensive.

What is ship running to Canada for one of these?

regards . . . g
Hey G,

I'm showing $24.51 Priority and $7.45 First Class International for 1lb 6 ounces, which is usually the going weight without addtional accessories (props won't affect weight). Figure if you add extra batteries, it may go up a buck or two.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:24 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:

Ya that's pretty slick MO, as soon as I read your post I new what was gonna happen and it did. Indoors only though, I have yet to fly my 202 outside, still winter with no dry landing areas, very cold and windy to boot.

Nice difference on the LED's as well, will give that a try.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:47 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,276 Posts
Ordered from massiverc during the holiday break, package was sitting in the post office a few days. I'm not used to getting stuff so quick.

I think MO said it best, this will give the x4 a run for the money as the best quad for under $70, in certain aspects it beats the x4 (silky smooth controls, agile to the point of being able to be 'manhandled'). Anyway, did a short indoor flight yesterday and a maiden outdoor flight this morning. Enjoy. (Warning, the vids do contain music.)

WL Toys v202 Scorpion indoor flight (2 min 59 sec)

WL Toys v202 Scorpion first outdoor flight (6 min 39 sec)
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Last edited by stonecutter; Jan 03, 2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:02 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Nice, Stonecutter. I liked the indoor flight a lot. Indoor flight footage is generally better since it keeps the quad close to the camera. Only only works if you have good lighting though, like you did. The music helped too. And the hatcam.

Can't wait until mine gets here.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman