HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:56 PM
Ukraine, Crimea, Bakhchysarai
Joined Mar 2012
1,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi A,
There is a blurry photo of the Scorpion fcb on Banggood: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Sh...5-p-63260.html
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
thanks for link. so banggood has is a terrible photo that even front camera of my nameless chinese tablet would shoot better? As far as I can see there are only connectors for motors, power cables soldered to board
asanovrus is offline Find More Posts by asanovrus
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:39 AM
quad addict
Italy
Joined Jun 2012
101 Posts
radio mode

Hi!

I don't know yet the mode of the radio sold on bangood

I drive mode 2 and the scorpion binds with a proprietary protocol so if I get the wrong mode I miss all

Can someone tell me if they sell only mode 2 or wich mode arrived at home?

Thanks to all
skyenzo is offline Find More Posts by skyenzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: APM 2.6 not responding
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:47 AM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,021 Posts
Mine was Mode 2. Throttle/rudder on left stick. Ailerons/Elevator on right stick.
theimacman is online now Find More Posts by theimacman
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:59 PM
Joined Sep 2012
201 Posts
any other issues with this copter, other than the loose prop? anybody else have a stuck controller like theimacman ?
username2620 is offline Find More Posts by username2620
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:11 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by username2620 View Post
any other issues with this copter, other than the loose prop? anybody else have a stuck controller like theimacman ?
I've been enjoying it quite a bit, and haven't had any other issues. I put a new prop from one of my other micro quads on it and haven't had an issue since.

I checked my transmitter for my Ares Ethos, which has the same transmitter, and it sticks too when I give full up/left input.

I am going to open the Scorpion Tx this weekend and see if I can fix it. It really isn't an issue though, unless you like to let your fingers off the stick and let it snap back to center.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:54 AM
Ukraine, Crimea, Bakhchysarai
Joined Mar 2012
1,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman View Post
They are brushed motors. And, they have spare parts on Banggood.com.

I may have a chance to take it outside in the wind this weekend. I'll film it, if possible. I can also see if it can lift my keychain camera. I have a feeling it might, since it has 6 motors, but then again, it's pretty heavy to start with, so the motors may already be doing all they can just to lift the body.
Hi. You didn't update so I guess you couldn't fly it outdores so far. It seems that because of too much competition this machine is not very popular. My WL v939 just arrived and flies terribly, unpredictably. I can't hover it at all, only swinging when I try to return it then can't stop and compensate it back. I need something that can hover with no move. The only thing I'm concerned about this 3copter is that it might be bad in wind as it has big surface. My v959 and v929 are on their way from china, hope they will be better then v939. I can't find detailed pictures of this tricopter to find if I could cut off some pieces to reduce wight.
asanovrus is offline Find More Posts by asanovrus
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:42 AM
Joined Sep 2012
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman View Post
I've been enjoying it quite a bit, and haven't had any other issues. I put a new prop from one of my other micro quads on it and haven't had an issue since.

I checked my transmitter for my Ares Ethos, which has the same transmitter, and it sticks too when I give full up/left input.

I am going to open the Scorpion Tx this weekend and see if I can fix it. It really isn't an issue though, unless you like to let your fingers off the stick and let it snap back to center.
thanks, I think I'm going to order one... I've got one more question before I pull the trigger... Have you found a source for replacement bottom props? Will the walkera scorpion props fit?
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:42 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovrus View Post
Hi. You didn't update so I guess you couldn't fly it outdores so far.
That is correct. The weather has turned for the worse here and I have not been able to fly outside yet.

Quote:
thanks, I think I'm going to order one... I've got one more question before I pull the trigger... Have you found a source for replacement bottom props? Will the walkera scorpion props fit?
No, actually, I have not found replacement bottom props. That is definitely a major drawback. The Walkera Scorpion blades would work, but it looks like they don't sell bottom blades for that either. You have to use top blades and drill a hole through the top, which is not exactly something everyone has the tools to do.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:32 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,620 Posts
FYI: I bought a pack of Walkera scorpion props on-sale for my Ladybird awhiles back and tried 'em, to find that indeed a few of them are upside-down.. doh!
bummed... I thought 3 props are a waste now, but punching the shaft hole thru the prop would allow me to used them "right-side-up"

behold the pitch.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:34 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,620 Posts
double post
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:17 AM
Joined Sep 2012
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
FYI: I bought a pack of Walkera scorpion props on-sale for my Ladybird awhiles back and tried 'em, to find that indeed a few of them are upside-down.. doh!
bummed... I thought 3 props are a waste now, but punching the shaft hole thru the prop would allow me to used them "right-side-up"

behold the pitch.
cool, so it looks like the walkera props will do the trick, ordering a 6047 now..

*edit* found some scorpion props at moonhobby for $3.69 (USD) + free shipping... never ordered from moonhobby before, so I hope everything goes smooth.. All the other shops wanted too much for shipping... I can't justify spending $7 shipping for a $3 part...
Last edited by username2620; Feb 04, 2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:27 PM
United Kingdom, Belper
Joined Jan 2011
565 Posts
Just double checking that this isnt 9x compatible?
edk83 is offline Find More Posts by edk83
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:34 PM
quad addict
Italy
Joined Jun 2012
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edk83 View Post
Just double checking that this isnt 9x compatible?
I'm afraid ....

it is not compatible:
skyenzo is offline Find More Posts by skyenzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: APM 2.6 not responding
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:08 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,021 Posts
Quote:
*edit* found some scorpion props at moonhobby for $3.69 (USD) + free shipping... never ordered from moonhobby before, so I hope everything goes smooth.. All the other shops wanted too much for shipping... I can't justify spending $7 shipping for a $3 part...
Nice! Please post back with your experience with that site.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:31 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
628 Posts
Is Moon Hobby in US?
jdr00ejr is offline Find More Posts by jdr00ejr