HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:10 PM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovrus View Post
I can't resist to press buy button anymore. This thing is so unusual, many companies compete in quads and helis but this kind of design I don't see. Are motors brushless? they look like ones. How about spare parts? I can't see any. I try to resist from buying it because it's not much popular so far and info is missing (did someone try it in wind? did attach camera?). I'm already waiting 3 quads and 1 big MJX F45 so relatives already thing that I'm shopoholic.
They are brushed motors. And, they have spare parts on Banggood.com.

I may have a chance to take it outside in the wind this weekend. I'll film it, if possible. I can also see if it can lift my keychain camera. I have a feeling it might, since it has 6 motors, but then again, it's pretty heavy to start with, so the motors may already be doing all they can just to lift the body.
theimacman is online now Find More Posts by theimacman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:23 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
Hi T,
You probably know this by now...this is a Y6 or Hexacopter I have one of the Walkera Y6's and it is very stable too.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman View Post
My video review. I'm actually quite impressed with this little tricopter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3grBnKRdR4
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:28 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi T,
You probably know this by now...this is a Y6 or Hexacopter
Well, while yes this is a Y6, I still think it's a tricopter. A hexacopter has 6 arms.

So, you could call this a hexarotor, I suppose.

I guess it depends on your definition of rotor vs copter.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:39 PM
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
T,
Yep. No biggie, but FYI: Over the last 10 years of multicopter flying the lingo semantics have evolved to motor count. Bicopter=2 motors, Tricopter=3 motors in a Y or T configuration, Quad=Quadcopter (+ and x configurations), Hexa=Hexacopter(flat or star) Y6 (for coaxial configurations), Octo=Octocopter (flat or star), X8=coaxial), etc.
Fly safe!
Cheers,
Jim

Quote:
Well, while yes this is a Y6, I still think it's a tricopter. A hexacopter has 6 arms.

So, you could call this a hexarotor, I suppose.

I guess it depends on your definition of rotor vs copter.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:46 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Over the last 10 years of multicopter flying the lingo semantics have evolved to motor count
Well, I don't want to get in a semantics debate, but I'd say that it has "devolved" into that then, as people confuse copter with rotor in their terms.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:20 PM
Ukraine, Crimea, Bakhchysarai
Joined Mar 2012
1,546 Posts
Quote:
Hi T,
You probably know this by now...this is a Y6 or Hexacopter I have one of the Walkera Y6's and it is very stable too.
Cheers,
Jim
Walkera y6 costs twice more then this one. Is this one clone of y6?
asanovrus is offline Find More Posts by asanovrus
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:26 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Walkera y6 costs twice more then this one. Is this one clone of y6?
Oh wow, I just looked up the Walkera, and these are almost certainly the same vehicle. The Walkera transmitter looks a bit nicer, but the vehicle itself looks identical.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:36 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,546 Posts
Quote:
They are brushed motors. And, they have spare parts on Banggood.com.

I may have a chance to take it outside in the wind this weekend. I'll film it, if possible. I can also see if it can lift my keychain camera. I have a feeling it might, since it has 6 motors, but then again, it's pretty heavy to start with, so the motors may already be doing all they can just to lift the body.
Thanks. I would appreciate those experiments but finally if it's good for 808 I will need to find the way to power the camera from the helis battery(both have 3.7V) that's why I was asking for photos of the board(if it has some slots to power camera). I don't see any leds on canopy so I might have no plugs. Then soldering could help to power camera as carrying another battery will kill flighttime
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:48 PM
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
T,
Yep, I used to be an airplane and heli flyer too The world keeps evolving

Walkera stuff can be pricey unless you find a good sale, which is the only way I can afford them... The Walkera Y6 typically is bundled with a nice 2402d or DEVO7 Tx. It can also be used with better hobby grade DEVO Tx's. I have an SH-6043 with the same Tx and I like the Walkera gimbal stick feel in comparison and the SH Tx uses non-standard trim buttons. SH definitely looks similar on the outside, but the flight controllers are quite different. They both have accelerometers so major differences is the Walkera Y6 has a telemetry capability and the adjustable gyro sensitivity POTI on the fcb. Telemetry is for voltage and temps but not really useful when it only has about 3 minutes out and back of range. Really the only reason I ended up with it is I wanted the DEVO 10 Tx it was being sold with so I could load the Deviation firmware and install the A7105 transceiver and use it with Spektrum, Flysky, Turnigy, Hubsan and Walkera models Works great!

I am not bashing the good SH deal at all here, just comparison observations. It looks nice and a good value too
You can never have too many multicopters!
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Oh wow, I just looked up the Walkera, and these are almost certainly the same vehicle. The Walkera transmitter looks a bit nicer, but the vehicle itself looks identical.
Last edited by jesolins; Jan 25, 2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:54 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Thanks. I would appreciate those experiments but finally if it's good for 808 I will need to find the way to power the camera from the helis battery(both have 3.7V) that's why I was asking for photos of the board(if it has some slots to power camera). I don't see any leds on canopy so I might have no plugs. Then soldering could help to power camera as carrying another battery will kill flighttime
I'll see what I can do to answer those questions this weekend.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:04 PM
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
Hi A,
There is a blurry photo of the Scorpion fcb on Banggood: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Sh...5-p-63260.html
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:17 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,546 Posts
Is thing compatible with 6043 (ladybug) transmitter?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:20 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,185 Posts
Quote:
Is thing compatible with 6043 (ladybug) transmitter?
Yes, when my supplier sent me samples of the 6044 (6043 in a different theme) and the 6047, they came with one transmitter that worked on both.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:50 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,546 Posts
I love the transmitter, very compact. why oh why I ordered 3 WL quads! I actually ordered them because their transmitters compatible even with v911 helicopter but that WL Tx is huge. This toyish one could fit into pocket though
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:55 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,500 Posts
I did a test, and the 6047 can indeed lift my 808 #16 keychain cam. It did make the copter a bit sluggish and harder to control though.