SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:02 PM
quad addict
Italy
Joined Jun 2012
101 Posts
Discussion
SH 6047 Scorpion

Has somebody ani info about this small skorpion?

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Sh...o-p-56008.html

I'm really interested to it and think it should be an original way to approach mini multirotors
skyenzo is offline Find More Posts by skyenzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: APM 2.6 not responding
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:11 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,438 Posts
I recieved my sample with my 6044 and I'm not too impressed with it. It's stable and good for a FPV or 808 cam, but run time isn't very long despite the 500 mAh battery. It is built pretty solid. I find it hard to tell orientation compared to quads. It just doesn't stand out to me, but I'll give it few more flights and bring it with me when I meet up with CyberBill to get his reactions to it.

It uses the same controller as the 6044.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:30 PM
quad addict
Italy
Joined Jun 2012
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
I recieved my sample with my 6044 and I'm not too impressed with it. It's stable and good for a FPV or 808 cam, but run time isn't very long despite the 500 mAh battery. It is built pretty solid. I find it hard to tell orientation compared to quads. It just doesn't stand out to me, but I'll give it few more flights and bring it with me when I meet up with CyberBill to get his reactions to it.

It uses the same controller as the 6044.
do You mean SH 6043?

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Sh...o-p-48547.html

BTW can You tell us if it binds with Turnigy 9X?

I'm going to buy one sooner or later
skyenzo is offline Find More Posts by skyenzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: APM 2.6 not responding
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyenzo View Post
do You mean SH 6043?

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Sh...o-p-48547.html

BTW can You tell us if it binds with Turnigy 9X?

I'm going to buy one sooner or later
6043 was the first, 6044 came after and is essentially the same quad with different trimmings:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1790737

It won't bind to my V911\939\H36 controllers.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:39 AM
super noob
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Jul 2010
24 Posts
what is the run time, if i may ask?
turtleflyer is offline Find More Posts by turtleflyer
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:49 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,438 Posts
I'd say 6 minutes tops
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:13 PM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,854 Posts
I just grabbed one of theses. It's kinda cool. Flies like a tank, but it's actually quite stable and maneuverable when you get the hang of it.

As MassiveOverkill said, the flight times are pretty short, because the thing weighs so much!

I found that the right stick on the radio for mine sticks when pressed fully up. I'm gonna have to open it up and see if I can fix that.

And, most annoyingly, the rear top prop keeps flying off! It's just not a tight enough fit, so on a full throttle burst, or flip, it manages to remove itself from the motor.

Anyone know a quick fix for that? I already replaced it with the spare, which fit snug for a couple flights, but is now doing the same thing.

Thanks!
theimacman is offline Find More Posts by theimacman
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:36 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,706 Posts
Hi T,
I have found that a bit of Elmers glue put in the prop hole with a pin and then mounted to the shaft and allowed to dry overnight works well. It even keeps the UDI816 props on which tended to be the worst at coming off. A strong pinch using your fingers between the prop and motor shaft is what it takes to remove them after using Elmers glue.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman View Post
I just grabbed one of theses. It's kinda cool. Flies like a tank, but it's actually quite stable and maneuverable when you get the hang of it.

As MassiveOverkill said, the flight times are pretty short, because the thing weighs so much!

I found that the right stick on the radio for mine sticks when pressed fully up. I'm gonna have to open it up and see if I can fix that.

And, most annoyingly, the rear top prop keeps flying off! It's just not a tight enough fit, so on a full throttle burst, or flip, it manages to remove itself from the motor.

Anyone know a quick fix for that? I already replaced it with the spare, which fit snug for a couple flights, but is now doing the same thing.

Thanks!
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:43 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi T,
I have found that a bit of Elmers glue put in the prop hole with a pin and then mounted to the shaft and allowed to dry overnight works well. It even keeps the UDI816 props on which tended to be the worst at coming off. A strong pinch using your fingers between the prop and motor shaft is what it takes to remove them after using Elmers glue.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Cool, thanks for the tip. I was hoping to avoid glue, but I'll go that route if all else fails.

I was thinking maybe I could use a bit of paper or plastic, lay that over the top of the motor shaft, and then push the prop down over the paper and see if that makes a snug fit.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:45 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,438 Posts
This tri uses the same props as the 6043\6044 (hopefully Ares doesn't use them also) and the prop guards aren't long enough to protect the motors. I use WL Toys props on teh 6000 series multis as they do a better job at protecting the motor.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:49 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
This tri uses the same props as the 6043\6044 (hopefully Ares doesn't use them also) and the prop guards aren't long enough to protect the motors. I use WL Toys props on teh 6000 series multis as they do a better job at protecting the motor.
Link? I'm not sure what WL Toys props you are talking about. Don't own any WL Toys yet...

And, will they work on the bottom, upside-down motors? The props are noticeably different on those motors.

The Ares props go all the way down to the top of the motor, so I think they're good to go.

Do you think those props would also fix the loose fit issue? I can't tell if it's a prop problem, or motor shaft issue...
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:32 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,438 Posts
http://www.massiverc.com/PrestaShop/...n-2-cwccw.html

V939\V202 props and they'll work on all 6 motors, but on the bottom 3 you have to take a push pin and extend the hole all the way through and then install the prop from the top onto the shaft.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:36 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,854 Posts
My video review. I'm actually quite impressed with this little tricopter!

SH Scorpion S-Max #6047 Tricopter - Review and Flight (9 min 41 sec)
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:55 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
664 Posts
So I got my Scorpion on Friday (ordered from SkullCopter). Mine is also marked 6047 on the box - but my is a different body look than the one in the video above. Also, my body is on just like my MQX (fitted over the arms - not screwed on in any way). My battery slides out real easy as well. Not had a chance to try flipping yet, but so far puttering around my office/house. I've also had the props fly off. :-/
jdr00ejr is offline Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:59 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr00ejr View Post
So I got my Scorpion on Friday (ordered from SkullCopter). Mine is also marked 6047 on the box - but my is a different body look than the one in the video above. Also, my body is on just like my MQX (fitted over the arms - not screwed on in any way). My battery slides out real easy as well. Not had a chance to try flipping yet, but so far puttering around my office/house. I've also had the props fly off. :-/
Yeah, there are "A" and "B" versions with different bodies. Mine is version A. Interesting that the other body snaps on, unlike the one I got.