HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:48 PM
Joined Aug 2012
8 Posts
Help!
hisky FBL100 ht8 radio adapter setting for futaba 12fg

hi guys

just wondering i any can help me with setting up the fbl 100 ht8 adapter on my 12fg

I have managed to bind the heil to the module but the the conrtols are all messed up.

I'm using swash type HR3, is this right?

If some one has some setting parameter

Thanks Tim
TPD86 is offline Find More Posts by TPD86
Last edited by TPD86; Dec 23, 2012 at 01:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:26 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,073 Posts
Hi Tim
Well, I must say the HiSky manual is of no use except for the parts breakdown diagram.
I don't have one of these but I would expect the swash to be set at 1 servo, i.e. no cyclic mixing in the radio. That's how the other micro flybarless helis are done as the mixing is in the control board firmware.
When you say the controls are messed up are you referring to the channel allocation order being incorrect or just the servo response?
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:17 AM
Joined Aug 2012
8 Posts
Thanks mono

The servo channel allocation should be right( i have original transmitter for it and it flys fine), and just the servo response seems wrong on the 12fg.

I changed the swash plate setting to single servo. and it seems to be working better.

The main problem i have now is that when u throttle up the heli wants go full forwards and role to the right a little... instead of increasing the pitch.

and when u use the the ailerons in stead of role the heli to the left or right it acts as the elevator.

Not sure which servo to reverse.

Thanks Tim
TPD86 is offline Find More Posts by TPD86
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:31 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,073 Posts
ok, if that's how it's responding with 1 servo setting, it could well be that the HiSky/FBL 100 does not have cyclic mixing on board. It might just be a case of one or more servos running in wrong direction.
With ccpm mixing set up, if one servo is working the wrong way, then you reverse the servo, if two or more are the wrong way, it's reversed in the cyclic mixing, e.g. a 60% on aileron and elevator is changed to -60%, you may already know this but best mentioned anyway.
I came across a settings sheet for this heli being used with a HT8 module. The fellow was using it with 9x radio so some of it may not apply, but the info on the servo directions etc may be useful for you.
FBL100 tx setup
Also, here is a vid I came across quite a while back and the explanation of how to determine which servos are wrong direction and how to cure it, is very good indeed. Different radio but that doesn't matter, if you watch it, you will see it's the method that's the relevant bit. Once again, you may already know these things, but it could also help others who may read the thread.
http://omhc.co.uk/index.php/helicopt...-a-dx6i-part-2
Hope some of this may help to solve your issues with the heli.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono