HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:25 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,776 Posts
So, did anyone else buy themselves one of these for Christmas?
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:49 AM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
864 Posts
I'm trying to see if I can get one in this kit
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/RC-Helic...duct_info.html
Black_heart is offline Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:03 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,194 Posts
That's a nice kit. I was looking at the flybarless gear/torque tube and I figured it was cheaper to just get the kit vs another flybarless head for the one I crashed. I have two of those 1000 units so if they use the new unit they may be a better deal. In my case I'll have to look at just the kit as I already have two of the older units. Maybe later when prices get better for me though. I'll just keep flying both belt version 2's since I have the flybared heads for now. What the heck does V4 mean? The numbers on them are getting crazy as I don't see much differences anyway. If anything I think they comfuse things more than actually help anything. But maybe I'm wrong.
efx is online now Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:20 PM
new kid on the block
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Nov 2011
374 Posts
sorry about the delay with my new flight video, its gona be up tomorrow, i'm almost done with finals i would love to see the gyro in the 450 they make! i want one of those too... lol
mr.michael.2468 is offline Find More Posts by mr.michael.2468
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:22 PM
new kid on the block
Joined Nov 2011
374 Posts
well i tried today to make that video today, but its waaaay to gusty, i walked out, perfectly calm, i though hey! this will be great! spool it up and all the sudden, whoosh! heli gets like 3x more lift and its hovering 30 degrees into the wind, i had to fight it for a minute to get it back to the ground in one piece! i was really impressed with how it held in the gusting wind though! went through and loctited everything that was loose and needed to be, my only issue is my tail travel, its good in one direction, but in the other it doesn't have nearly enough travel, back to the programmer i guess
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:34 PM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
any video?
soneebee is offline Find More Posts by soneebee
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:20 PM
new kid on the block
Joined Nov 2011
374 Posts
hey sorry guys, i tried changing my tail travel to get some better control in one direction of the tail and it totally screwed everything up while i was working on the tail, the gyro doesn't hold at all at the moment, it may be because i screwed up a negative somewhere, i'm going to redo the set up and try again, i can assure you that it was flying beautifully before though, all i wanted to do was play with my tail a bit oh well, i'll have time to play with it this weekend
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:29 PM
Mostly harmless
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Jan 2013
944 Posts
So is the CX-3X2000 any better than the CX-3X1000?
FlyingPhilUK is online now Find More Posts by FlyingPhilUK
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:31 PM
new kid on the block
Joined Nov 2011
374 Posts
ahhh, i figured out why my helicopter tail was going crazy, the rudder channel has a lost connection in full left direction, so i can't change it at all, it just sits at full left rudder, causing the helicopter to spin like nuts... i'll have to wait for a repair from horizon before i can do anything literally didn't do anything to this controller, i don't know how it could have possibly glitched. one day on the sim it was fine, the next it was stuck with a full left rudder... super weird...
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:59 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmartin View Post
So is the CX-3X2000 any better than the CX-3X1000?
I don't think anyone has both yet to answer that. Most are slow on the uptake of this one, based on CopterX's past performance with the CX-3X1000. Promises of sat and one wire support upgrades, are hard to believe, so why pay $50 for this gyro, as it is now. It probably doesn't fly as well as the ZYX-S...
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:13 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,583 Posts
It's a shame there aren't a few users posting their reviews, since on paper the 3x2000 looks like it could be better than the 3x1000. I'll probably order one, though I'm away on a business trip at the moment, but in any case my review could only comprise ease of setup and sport flying use.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hk500 tt fbl
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:26 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,776 Posts
I'd save your money. My guess is they've just ported the 3X1000 software across to this, so cyclic rates are probably still the same, and there is still the issue of only getting digital cyclic rates (111Hz) if you're use a 333Hz compatible tail servo. Anything less and the cyclic drops back to analog rates (70Hz).

There are much better FBL gyro out there, that give you much higher cyclic rates, sat and 1 wire support, for a little extra cost, or even just fly really well for a similar cost.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:41 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,583 Posts
Hmm, there's always something to muddy the waters! It is only $50, though, and my curiosity might run to that. The ZYX only runs the cyclics at 111Hz, though, doesn't it?

Do you see a tangible benefit from running cyclic servos at 200Hz?

It would be ironic, though perhaps unlikely, if the 3x2000 could be cross-flashed with Tarot firmware! What we could really do with is the open source community sorting it out as they did with the GA-250!
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hk500 tt fbl
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:52 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,776 Posts
Yes, the ZYX uses the same cyclic rates, but Tarot have fine tuned the cyclic algorithms, whereas CopterX did not.

Obviously the faster the cyclic rates the better. Most run the BeastX at 165 or 200Hz, and I run the iKon in my 700DFC at 265Hz.

If the processor is faster, then some changes would have to have been made to the firmware, so a crossflash is very unlikely.

I'm very excited about the new v3 VCTRC and Bigaole coming out soon. I'm also wondering what Tarot may have for the ZYX now that the development of their ZYX-GS is finished. Perhaps a spinoff for the ZYX-S.

Probably worth waiting to see what these are like, and whether CopterX does offer an upgrade for this gyro to support sat and 1 wire.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:26 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I'm very excited about the new v3 VCTRC and Bigaole coming out soon. I'm also wondering what Tarot may have for the ZYX now that the development of their ZYX-GS is finished. Perhaps a spinoff for the ZYX-S
The next thing that I am waiting for is a low-cost self-levelling (perhaps Tarot will get there first) - I might even get the MSH / IKON once people have that working reliably (as I believe that it is a bit hit-and-miss at the moment). I'm too old for all of this stuff really, but would love to crack inverted flight without killing too many helis in the meantime - I'm hoping that self-levelling would give me the extra safety margin
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC