SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:43 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,097 Posts
Come on David - but one of these quick, I'm very tempted to get one even though I had planned to "standardise" on the G31
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:55 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
I'm tempted, but having just bought an iKon, and still having an HB800 and ZYX spare, I might sit on the fence with this one. My X4 head did just turn up for my 425 conversion, but I was going to use the HB800 on that one.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:28 AM
Axes & Blades-Cutlery & Helis
West Monroe NY
Joined Feb 2009
3,365 Posts
tempted by this but I think I will stick with the ZYX-S controller which supports satellites. I am impressed with how well these low cost FBL controllers work
ewoodcox is offline Find More Posts by ewoodcox
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:50 AM
Joined Feb 2010
2,168 Posts
Interesting
TexasClouds is offline Find More Posts by TexasClouds
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:15 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Hmmm...I guess now we need to hack a new cpu on the 1000 to make it faster...lol. Okay it seems to work fine. Any word on why we can't somtimes change settings on the older one? Is it the gyro or the programming card? Every now and then I get that. Hopefully I won't need to make any more changes as it's set up, but I'll come back and let you know once I get more time with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo View Post
Wor, you guys are quick. This is not a replacement for the 3x1000 this is more a higher version. The board is brand new and the cpu is different. Major differents includes the following:

1: Processing time 50 times faster than the 3x1000
2: Able to work with flybarless helicopter, Quad, and airplane (need optional cx-pb-002 usb cable)
3: removable cable for clean and easy installation
4: future update to work with spekturm satellite and s-bus.

Don't worry, the cx-3x1000 will still be available.

And yes, the PB-001 and PB-002 setup box will work with CX-3X2000.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:35 PM
new kid on the block
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Nov 2011
374 Posts
wow!! ehirobo is the best! i got an email today saying they are currently out of the cx-3x-1000 gyro that i ordered with the electronics kit they have, and they sent me an email saying they would give me a free upgrade to the new 2000 gyro!! extremely pleased with how they handled this situation, this definitely puts ehirobo at the top of my list for favorite websites! thanks ehirobo! anyone that says ehirobo has bad customer service is crazy, i've never had such great response time from anyone! well, i guess i'll let you guys know how the new gyro is in about 2 weeks
mr.michael.2468 is offline Find More Posts by mr.michael.2468
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:23 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,879 Posts
Great to hear, Mr.M. Yes, I've also always had excellent customer service from eHirobo.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:53 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo View Post
Wor, you guys are quick. This is not a replacement for the 3x1000 this is more a higher version. The board is brand new and the cpu is different. Major differents includes the following:

1: Processing time 50 times faster than the 3x1000
2: Able to work with flybarless helicopter, Quad, and airplane (need optional cx-pb-002 usb cable)
3: removable cable for clean and easy installation
4: future update to work with spekturm satellite and s-bus.

Don't worry, the cx-3x1000 will still be available.

And yes, the PB-001 and PB-002 setup box will work with CX-3X2000.
I got no problem with putting out a new gyro!
I got a problem with the fact that they have not offered any updates for reported problems on the 1000 version.
Its to the point everyone is cross flashing to the ZYX in an attempt to fix problems.
Yet last report from them was "There is no reason for firmware update"
I got one that I can not even put on a heli because It just shake like a scared dog just sitting on the bench with no movement what so ever!
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:04 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Thanks for the info, ehirobo. Can you tell us what the 3 pots (I, II & III) do? And also how the pots work with the settings in the PC software, if they do the same thing as one of the settings?
That is for the gain for the 3 axis, and it works at the sametime with the gain setting inside the setup box / cable (pb001 and pb002). Usually just leave it at factory setting, setup the heli, test fly it. And can do fine adjustment without connecting the gyro to the setup box and cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Hmmm...I guess now we need to hack a new cpu on the 1000 to make it faster...lol. Okay it seems to work fine. Any word on why we can't somtimes change settings on the older one? Is it the gyro or the programming card? Every now and then I get that. Hopefully I won't need to make any more changes as it's set up, but I'll come back and let you know once I get more time with it.
Don't think it is possible. as the chip is smaller and the board is different as well.....
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:09 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_heart View Post
I got a problem with the fact that they have not offered any updates for reported problems on the 1000 version.
Its to the point everyone is cross flashing to the ZYX in an attempt to fix problems.
I got one that I can not even put on a heli because It just shake like a scared dog just sitting on the bench with no movement what so ever!
copterX do have new firmware for the 3x1000, the new one any better?

http://www.ky-model.com/support.html

Look under software. if there are still issue please let me know and I will talk to their engineer. BTW: one thing you can try is turn down the gain slightly as the gain set too high will cause the heli to shake. And remember to follow the recommanded servo horn lenght.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:18 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_heart View Post
ALZRC never had an update for the original 3GYS either. Granted I thought the stock firmware was pretty decent from day one but it would have been nice for some support..

BTW...Helicox TG-1 seems to have also been updating their firmware. Looking at the manual it mentions fix wing and quad function..
http://image.helipal.com/helipal-hel...anual-v1-1.pdf
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:54 PM
new kid on the block
Joined Nov 2011
374 Posts
well, i've put my trust into the copterx setup, and there are 1000's of people that are very happy with the gyro and their helicopters...
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:34 PM
new kid on the block
Joined Nov 2011
374 Posts
order shipped from hk today! give it a week or two and i'll let you guys know how it works
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:21 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
United States, NJ, Point Pleasant Beach
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
Subscribed.

I have the CX-3x1000 and a Robird G31, I'm equally disappointed with both. I can get them both to fly, but compared to my mCPx, both fly like . I recently bought a Total-G, still playing with it and have not flown it, but from what I have read, it should be much better and for what the Total-G costs, that better be true.

I can't wait to see what this one has to offer.
Gedexas is offline Find More Posts by Gedexas
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:45 AM
Farmer
United States, CA
Joined Oct 2011
927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
It's hard to say yet whether much has changed in the firmware, other than supporting the pots. I think it's a good step forward from the v1, with the button more accessible and the leads all being removable.

I'm not sure whether the pots are a good idea, as this limits installation options and is something else to go wrong. I can't see how the pots and the PC software work together yet. It would be nice if the pots can be overridden, but I can't see how this can be possible with the same v1.2 PC software.
BF whats your favorite out of the cheapo gyro's i want to try something else other then my zyxs even though its been good to me i want to build another heli just to try another gyro lol
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r