HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:23 PM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
yup the setup is correct.. the servos were set up for digitals.. since the heli is all running digitals.. with all copter X fusonics all around. When i got the servo out and it was locked in and stucked solid.. so opening the servos showed that the motor was stuck and the brushes were already burned out.. the shorting caused the servo board to also fry... .

well i guess one reason for the burned servo was over worked.. if the servos was running continues oscillation most likely the motor will burn out....

I have had a couple of similar instances with other servos... and even other gyros... all ended up on burnt servos.. although setup was correct
if the gyros gain is too high that it seems to lock okay without tail wag.. but the resonance of the tail wag is too fast. that its not visible in flight. this will surely work your servo to death and will burn out the motor.....
so setting the gain should really must be considered...

vibration can surely kill you servos when you are using GYRO for stabilization....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.michael.2468 View Post
i played with the mechanical setup of the tail by lengthening the control rod a bit and got it dialed in as good as i could, after i did that the tail held pretty good, it wasn't like a sim that will sit at a perfect hover hands off forever, but it sure held pretty close to perfect, it gave me the confidence to tool it up down the road (only place that isn't covered with a foot of snow). its a little sensitive, but i think the 2000 works pretty well, i haven't burned any servos and i'm using a completely stock setup, plastic blades, all original cx parts, and i'm getting --what i consider to be-- pretty good performance.

*** for all the people burning up servos***
the cx 2000 requires you to select what type of servos you have later on in the set up, its recommended that you select that before you plug in your servos. if you're just plugging it all in right away, you may have problems, because stock is all analogs, i'm not sure why that would burn digitals that should be able to handle much higher signal frequencies, but that's something to consider.
soneebee is offline Find More Posts by soneebee
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:13 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Sorry, yes that's what I meant. Well the previous version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmartin View Post
Worse than 3X1000?
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:29 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
looks like the wobble of death... hehehehe.. try to check for vibrations.. and if you can dampen the gyro with other form of tape or the gel type.. and see it is still getting the wobbles.. try to lower the gain if it will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by arispal View Post
sir....this the video of my copterX 500...I don't know what's the problem. http://youtu.be/4FbCdG73s4g
soneebee is offline Find More Posts by soneebee
Old Feb 27, 2013, 02:31 AM
Kedah, Malaysia.
Joined Feb 2007
51 Posts
"The Wobble Of Death"...hehe.. sounds like movie theme..hahaha
shahrin is offline Find More Posts by shahrin
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:39 AM
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soneebee View Post
looks like the wobble of death... hehehehe.. try to check for vibrations.. and if you can dampen the gyro with other form of tape or the gel type.. and see it is still getting the wobbles.. try to lower the gain if it will help
this the video of CopterX 500 FBL with 3x2000 gyro after lowering the cyclic gain...

CopterX 500 FBL Torque Tube with CX 3X2000 3axis Gyro (1 min 31 sec)
arispal is offline Find More Posts by arispal
Old Feb 27, 2013, 06:02 AM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,343 Posts
Hey, that is a lot better !

The tail seems to twitch a little. Might want to check the tailslider assembly for binding. Remove mainblades and spool up. Move the tail control rod by hand to get a feeling what is happening on your tail. (careful !)
Also move the ball on the tailservo inward as far as possible while still getting a decent pitchtravel on the tailblades. Max out the travel in the Gyro. This gives the servo more torque.

Also try not to fly the plain of the rotordisk and tail at eye level. Featheringshaftbolts do fail sometimes and the blades will fly right off!

Happy flying!
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:17 AM
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
Hey, that is a lot better !

The tail seems to twitch a little. Might want to check the tailslider assembly for binding. Remove mainblades and spool up. Move the tail control rod by hand to get a feeling what is happening on your tail. (careful !)
Also move the ball on the tailservo inward as far as possible while still getting a decent pitchtravel on the tailblades. Max out the travel in the Gyro. This gives the servo more torque.

Also try not to fly the plain of the rotordisk and tail at eye level. Featheringshaftbolts do fail sometimes and the blades will fly right off!

Happy flying!

Thanks for the tips. I think there's a binding with the tail control rod and the control rod guide because the guide is very short. Is it possible to remove the tail control rod guide? What can you suggest?
arispal is offline Find More Posts by arispal
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:05 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,985 Posts
You can't remove the tail control rod guides - there are normally two, which you generally space equally along the tail control rod. The rod is not stiff enough to be used without the guides, and will buckle under load. Some people use fatter carbon rods, which can be used without guides. Just make sure that the guides are properly aligned by sighting along the tail control rod and making sure that it runs in a perfect straight line from the tail to the servo. You might also try using a tiny bit of lube on the tail slider - if you use too much it gets messy.

You can check for binding in the tail mechanism by taking off the main blades, disconnecting the tail control rod from the servo and then moving the tail rod by hand with the heli powered up on the bench, being careful of course to keep your hands out of the tail rotor. Sometimes a linkage can bind when the tail is spinning but appear free when the tail rotor isn't turning. Check also that your tail grip bearings aren't notchy - try twisting the tail grips whilst pulling outwards on the grips to simulate flight loads.

Good luck!
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:14 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,764 Posts
I got mine this morning along with my new Multicopter controller.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:07 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,343 Posts
Hey, I've been eyeballing one of those, but decided not to take the plunge. You know these things can't fly upside down. Sounds boring....
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:22 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,764 Posts
Quote:
Hey, I've been eyeballing one of those, but decided not to take the plunge. You know these things can't fly upside down. Sounds boring....
They are boring lol! I have a walkera ladybird and after about two hours it's like what's the big deal. At our field someone brought out a Dfj or what ever they are and it was cool seeing it take off then turn the tx off and see it come back and land for the first time, but that was it. But wait no! lets do it again 20 more times.

I have had a large one in my basement all together, but with the first KK board. I couldn't get it to bind with my Devo rx so I thought I would get this one. After it's all set up and flying I plan to sell it lol!
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:28 PM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
572 Posts
Quote:
Actually if you have a few extra tail sets laying around vp quads are the next big thing

GoPro HERO3 captures 3D quadcopter flights FPV (2 min 51 sec)
Zr_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H Part III
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:41 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
it seems that this gyro is worst than the 3000. Cool picture jumbo...very funny. That's how i'm picturing you now...hahaha
lol
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:55 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr_Flyer View Post
Actually if you have a few extra tail sets laying around vp quads are the next big thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CEo...layer_embedded
You don't need to . Hobby king has been selling VP brushless motors for 2 years now . Since those foamy videos appeared a few years back , that flew backwards . Their on you tube .
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._9_Type_A.html
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:35 PM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
You don't need to . Hobby king has been selling VP brushless motors for 2 years now . Since those foamy videos appeared a few years back , that flew backwards . Their on you tube .
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._9_Type_A.html
There hasn't been much luck getting those to work, makes more sense (I think) to have 1 motor and the servos near the CG. Curtis Youngblood is working on one to be released this year. Speculation is that it has one motor and heli tail type setup but he is being tight lipped on the design.

here is a better idea of what it can do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=aIBTIOTqPfw
Zr_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H Part III