HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:38 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Aug 2012
55 Posts
Discussion
Damaged package problems with Hobbie King International

On Sept. 25, 2012 I ordered a product from what I thought was Hobbie King U.S.A.,it turns out it was Hobbie King International, same company, different location (Hong Kong).

Anyway, I received the package (order # 2005325336) on Oct. 10th, 2012 and it had a hole bigger than my fist through the side of it. The lable on the box clearly said that if the box was damaged, not to accept it and to return it unopened to the sender, so I did.

I took pictures of the damaged box and the receipt that I got from the USPS post office and had it returned to the sender Oct. 11, 2012 and contacted Hobbie King through their web site. They said they would take care of it as soon as it arrived back at their warehouse, but here's the problem, they say it has never arrived.

It has now been 69 days as of (Dec. 19, 2012) and they still say they have not received it. They have the tracking # CP858476444HK and they should know where it is.

They have stalled me long enough that PayPal will no longer do anything about it, so it looks like I have lost $114.58 to Hobbie King unless someone does something about it.
flightsimmer is offline Find More Posts by flightsimmer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:22 AM
Heli nut
Australia, WA, Wembley Downs
Joined May 2005
434 Posts
You refused the parcel on October 11th, but it sat somewhere in the post office for 38 days, until the 19th of NOVEMBER when someone bothered to 'do' the returns according to the USPS tracking in Jersey:

Depart USPS Sort Facility October 13, 2012 GARY, IN 46401

CP858476444HK Priority Mail International Parcels Refused November 19, 2012, FOREIGN CENTER, JERSEY CITY NJ 099

Hong kong post has the same dates:

10-Oct-2012 United States of America Arrived at the delivery office.
19-Nov-2012 United States of America Departed.

So actually, the USPS sat on their hands for 36 days before doing anything with your rejected package!......Impressive!

The delay will be the USPS failing to return the parcel to Hong Kong for over a month, Not a Hobby King induced delay.

Hobby king can't do anything until they physically receive the damaged parcel back.

Tracking info from: www.tracktrace.com - Ems tab
Trexmad is offline Find More Posts by Trexmad
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:44 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,089 Posts
Man that sucks. I hate waiting for my items, let alone waiting that long. At least now you know its USPS's fault and not hobbyking. When you are shopping there, when you sign in there is a drop down menu to select which warehouse you would like to order from.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:58 PM
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
Did you resolve your damaged package issue? I just posted a thread with a similar issue. Mine came through EMS/Speedpost/Singapore/Canada Post though and I'm still in the process of contacting support.

Thanks
Eric
funx is offline Find More Posts by funx
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:50 AM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,307 Posts
Hobby king can't do anything until they physically receive the damaged parcel back.

This is 100% not true. Of course HK could send a replacement order or refund your money the moment you refused/returned the package. They simply choose not to.
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:49 PM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnifax View Post

This is 100% not true. Of course HK could send a replacement order or refund your money the moment you refused/returned the package. They simply choose not to.
As does virtually every international (relative to the purchaser) supplier.
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:38 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnifax View Post

Name another vendor as cheap as HK that will replace/refund on refused of said packaged without actually receiving package- Because I would like to shop there.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member