HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2013, 03:35 PM
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
822 Posts
I did hear back from JamesChen072 about the email I sent him asking if he would convey our concerns about the V913 to WL Toys. He did forward my email to them.

The areas I covered were
1) a screw package
2) Swashplate
3) Right turning problem
4) I went into detail about the soldering vs spot-welding on the motors as a possible problem area. Also included were nemmie's link to his not-so-mini-review and his post 1009.
5) And I included the following 2 paragraphs:

"NEW IDEAS, RECOMMENDATIONS & DISCUSSIONS: , , V913 and the Double Horse 9117. Both these helos are from a similar design, and both used the prior smaller sized helicopter's main electronics board (PCB) of the V912 & DH9116, and other parts, instead of upsizing or scaling up the design. , , , Are both the DH9117 & the V913 destined to fail with the hobbyists? Or will WL Toys do what they did with the V911, or what MJX did with the F45 model to make them the successes they have become?

Will WL Toys offer upgraded parts for the swash, PCB, tail and main motors? Or will they come out with a version (V2) that incorporates the fixes and improvements? Will they offer a BRUSHLESS kit for the motors like MJX did with the F45? Or will they ignore the owners of the V913 and hope we will buy a new larger V914? It would be a shame to not continue the success they had with the V911 and the V912. I hope they will offer upgrades or new versions of the V913 and maybe a Brushless kit to replace the V913 main and tail motors."

I don't know if any of this will make any difference but maybe someone at WL Toys will be willing to look at some of these issues and make the necessaray changes.
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by hifinsword; Aug 09, 2013 at 03:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2013, 12:31 PM
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
2,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword View Post
I did hear back from JamesChen072 about the email I sent him asking if he would convey our concerns about the V913 to WL Toys. He did forward my email to them.

The areas I covered were
1) a screw package
2) Swashplate
3) Right turning problem
4) I went into detail about the soldering vs spot-welding on the motors as a possible problem area. Also included were nemmie's link to his not-so-mini-review and his post 1009.
5) And I included the following 2 paragraphs:

"NEW IDEAS, RECOMMENDATIONS & DISCUSSIONS: , , V913 and the Double Horse 9117. Both these helos are from a similar design, and both used the prior smaller sized helicopter's main electronics board (PCB) of the V912 & DH9116, and other parts, instead of upsizing or scaling up the design. , , , Are both the DH9117 & the V913 destined to fail with the hobbyists? Or will WL Toys do what they did with the V911, or what MJX did with the F45 model to make them the successes they have become?

Will WL Toys offer upgraded parts for the swash, PCB, tail and main motors? Or will they come out with a version (V2) that incorporates the fixes and improvements? Will they offer a BRUSHLESS kit for the motors like MJX did with the F45? Or will they ignore the owners of the V913 and hope we will buy a new larger V914? It would be a shame to not continue the success they had with the V911 and the V912. I hope they will offer upgrades or new versions of the V913 and maybe a Brushless kit to replace the V913 main and tail motors."

I don't know if any of this will make any difference but maybe someone at WL Toys will be willing to look at some of these issues and make the necessaray changes.
maybe to add a stronger main motor less warming ...
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Old Aug 09, 2013, 02:55 PM
Joined May 2012
822 Posts
Main motor and right turn problem discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy View Post
maybe to add a stronger main motor less warming ...
This is part of the text of my email concerning motors that JamesChen072 forwarded to WL Toys.

"RIGHT TURN PROBLEM: The right turn problem is possibly a mix of more than 1 problem. It is definitely due to motor problems but maybe also the PCB overheating. They may interact to cause the problem of the motors failing early. Most of us have the problem after only about 10 or so flights on the heli. After another 10 or so flights the motors fail completely. The problem occurs after about 3 or 4 mins of flight time once the motors have heated up. Left turns are easy since it lessens the load on the tail motor. Right turns increase the load and the tail motor (or PCB) is not able to handle it.

The most knowledgeable member of our forum has written a review of the V913 delineating some of the issues of the V913. Under the section "TailRotor Fail & No Right Turn issues:" HERE:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=17
He describes problems with parts of the tail motor being soldered versus spot-welded. These solder connections seem to melt during normal flight and may be why the motors fail after only a few flights instead of the 50 or so most of us are used to for these brushed motors. His post 1009 on this link describes it somewhat.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...791676&page=68 "

I think if they go to the links, they may be able to see more clearly what we are discussing, hopefully.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by hifinsword; Aug 09, 2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 10:44 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2 Posts
Hi, I'm new to RC toys and heli's and wondering if someone can help me out here. I crashed my V913 into a tree and it got stuck in the branches. While stuck I was pushing up and down on the throttle to try get it unstuck but no luck so I climbed the tree and got it down. Now when I turn it on the rotor spins but doesn't lift off the ground anymore. I re-charged battery fully and even changed the main rotor blades (even though they didn't look damaged) but still no luck in getting it off the ground.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
stubro is offline Find More Posts by stubro
Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:57 AM
Joined Mar 2013
38 Posts
Well you can buy it RTF from myrcmart.com for 54.99
Lokiamir is offline Find More Posts by Lokiamir
Old Aug 11, 2013, 01:23 PM
United States, IL
Joined Jun 2012
94 Posts
Hi, I'm new to RC toys and heli's and wondering if someone can help me out here. I crashed my V913 into a tree and it got stuck in the branches. While stuck I was pushing up and down on the throttle to try get it unstuck but no luck so I climbed the tree and got it down. Now when I turn it on the rotor spins but doesn't lift off the ground anymore. I re-charged battery fully and even changed the main rotor blades (even though they didn't look damaged) but still no luck in getting it off the ground.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Lokiamir
Joined Mar 2013
29 Posts
Well you can buy it RTF from myrcmart.com for 54.99

Why do that when you could probably fix the problem for much less money. If you have a battery voltage meter, did you check that and make sure the battery has a full charge?

Fuzzy guy
Fuzzyguy is offline Find More Posts by Fuzzyguy
Old Aug 11, 2013, 02:44 PM
Zipties and Velcro
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Mar 2013
595 Posts
Sounds like you need a new main motor.
Switchy is offline Find More Posts by Switchy
Old Aug 11, 2013, 06:23 PM
Joined Oct 2012
224 Posts
hello guys

v913 can bind TX flysky 9ch ?
fantasy1988 is offline Find More Posts by fantasy1988
Old Aug 12, 2013, 06:35 AM
Joined Aug 2013
2 Posts
Cheers guys will check the motor and battery!
stubro is offline Find More Posts by stubro
Old Aug 12, 2013, 02:54 PM
Joined Feb 2013
192 Posts
is it possible to achieve nice bank turns with the v913. I have the f45 but cyclic is canceled when apply rudder. Is this the same for the v913? IS there a heli this size that does not do this? FX052????
dbranch2480 is offline Find More Posts by dbranch2480
Old Aug 13, 2013, 02:37 PM
Joined May 2012
822 Posts
FlytSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasy1988 View Post
hello guys

v913 can bind TX flysky 9ch ?
Don't have a FlySky Tx but WL Toys does use FlySky protocol with their V91x helos & V9x9 quad series. I haven't heard of anyone using a FlySky 9X with their V913 but I have with the V911 and V912.

Have you been here: http://openrcforums.com/forum/index....00256096898247
or here:
http://deviationtx.com/
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by hifinsword; Aug 13, 2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 03:27 PM
Orlando FL
Joined Jul 2013
281 Posts
Motor

Hi all,

had my V913 out today and after only about 2 min, it lost altitude, after landing I check all the connection and tried to take off again, this time I could only get a few feet off the ground at full throttle, flew great last time and this time was not up long enough for the motor to even get warm. Is this what happens when the main motor fails?

Dennis from Orlando
Best stick with quads
Dennis S is offline Find More Posts by Dennis S
Old Aug 13, 2013, 05:06 PM
Joined May 2012
822 Posts
Main motor failing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis S View Post
Hi all,

had my V913 out today and after only about 2 min, it lost altitude, after landing I check all the connection and tried to take off again, this time I could only get a few feet off the ground at full throttle, flew great last time and this time was not up long enough for the motor to even get warm. Is this what happens when the main motor fails?

Dennis from Orlando
Best stick with quads
Sounds just like what mine did when my main motor died. Put in a new one and flew just fine.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2013, 10:07 PM
Orlando FL
Joined Jul 2013
281 Posts
Motor failed

I must say I am disappointed in the V913 , Main motor dies after just 13 flights. But there are some positives. The big one is I bought this thing on a one day sale for 65 bucks delivered, had I paid 100+ like many did I would have had some strong words for our friends at WL Toys,
2. I like the transmitter, works great for my V911 and V949
3. The V913 was too big for my back yard so had to go to the park with it were I had the space to really enjoy the before mention V911 & V949 these are awesome machines that should not be limited to indoors or a small back yard.

I already purchased the new main and tail motors so I will get it up and flying again but if I get no more then 13 flights out of these new motors then I just may have to retire this bird. There are some exciting new quads coming out and I would rather put my money in one of them.

Dennis from Orlando
Keep them flying, but know when to cut your losses
Dennis S is offline Find More Posts by Dennis S
Old Aug 14, 2013, 07:30 AM
Joined Jul 2013
34 Posts
anyone interested in full brushless for v913? I do this easily with F45, use two esc Brushless flash firmware. So v913 is similar.We'll have outdoor flight with the power of mt brusless
do thien is offline Find More Posts by do thien