SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:17 AM
RTF (Ready to Fragment)
Steve_'s Avatar
United States, WI, Beloit
Joined Nov 2012
3,830 Posts
You realize that for close to the same money, you can buy a 450 clone
and install a FP head, right?

I installed a modified 9116 head on a 250 clone, and it's everything
you could ever imagine. Resolution. Precision. Fast response.

It's stable, easy to fly, handles a breeze, and very fast when
you want it to be.

450 Clone kit: $50 (or less)
6 ch HK radio $23
BL ESC $12
Gyro $12
BL Motor $15
FP head+blades $20
4 servos $15

Total = $147.00

Having the nicest flying (and fastest) FP on the block... priceless.

A 250 clone is even cheaper. Mine was donated, but to build it
would have cost $125 using ultra cheap parts.

By spending extra money on the build, you can increase reliability
to the point where you never need to service it, unless you crash.

Running as FP's, these clones see about 1/2 the head speed, and
stresses are greatly reduced on the drive train, whether it is a
250 or a 450.

Also, belt or shaft driven tails mean no more tail motors to fail.
Mine has so much rudder, it's a blur.

I would gladly build them for a fee, if this kind of project is beyond
what you want to tackle.
Steve_ is offline Find More Posts by Steve_
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Steve_; Feb 25, 2013 at 01:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:19 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
4,405 Posts
Mine is shipped from RC711.com today ....
Wait between 7 days to 14 before a review ....
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:07 PM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
4,405 Posts
First video :

eHIROBO.com - WLTOYS (WL-V913) Sky Dancer Super Power 4CH Helicopter with Gyro System RTF - 2.4GHz (1 min 28 sec)
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 05:51 PM
Flying mostly pop-wings now.
ashtodust2000's Avatar
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Dec 2011
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy View Post
What a completely useless video, Drop the crap music so we can hear the heli. Looks to be pretty unstable, from the little bit of turning he did.
ashtodust2000 is offline Find More Posts by ashtodust2000
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 05:52 PM
Flying mostly pop-wings now.
ashtodust2000's Avatar
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Dec 2011
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_ View Post
You realize that for close to the same money, you can buy a 450 clone
and install a FP head, right?

I installed a modified 9116 head on a 250 clone, and it's everything
you could ever imagine. Resolution. Precision. Fast response.

It's stable, easy to fly, handles a breeze, and very fast when
you want it to be.

450 Clone kit: $50 (or less)
6 ch HK radio $23
BL ESC $12
Gyro $12
BL Motor $15
FP head+blades $20
4 servos $15

Total = $147.00
Where do you get this from? FP head+blades $20
ashtodust2000 is offline Find More Posts by ashtodust2000
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:02 PM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
4,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtodust2000 View Post
What a completely useless video, Drop the crap music so we can hear the heli. Looks to be pretty unstable, from the little bit of turning he did.

That's true that the first seconds shows something instable....
But all wltoys are usually good products vs prize .... Why this one would be crappy ?. Let's wait for full reviews ....
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:47 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
18 Posts
Just Ordered

Hello everyone.
I am very new to the sport. I currently own Trex 100x and about ten V911 and syma 3 channel helis. I just ordered V913 after days of deliberation. I am currently in the desert so I need something to play with in the very few time that I have to get my mind off stuff. I was initially worried that it does not currently have parts but I know with time that will come.
idealer2 is offline Find More Posts by idealer2
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:42 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtodust2000 View Post
What a completely useless video, Drop the crap music so we can hear the heli. Looks to be pretty unstable, from the little bit of turning he did.
That video certainly is concerning. Looks very unstable and the person flying it seemed hesitant to move it around too much for that reason.
Merc_ is offline Find More Posts by Merc_
Last edited by Merc_; Feb 27, 2013 at 11:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:36 AM
Registered User
Sweden, Stockholm County, Stockholm
Joined Apr 2012
58 Posts
Hi Guys

I think the V913 is experencing ground effect in the Video. But I agree - useless video! Why not show it outside in normal flight?! I would predict that this bird will be a great step up from V912. Time will tell as it will arrive soon.

Cheers
Swedman
swedman is offline Find More Posts by swedman
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:38 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
4,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swedman View Post
Hi Guys

I think the V913 is experencing ground effect in the Video. But I agree - useless video! Why not show it outside in normal flight?! I would predict that this bird will be a great step up from V912. Time will tell as it will arrive soon.

Cheers
Swedman
Hope you are right .... Mine will be here in a few days ....
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:54 AM
Registered User
Sweden, Stockholm County, Stockholm
Joined Apr 2012
58 Posts
Hi SeByDocKy

Same here. In a few days :-) Well, if it is a scaled up version of the 912 I have high hopes! They seem to have got the engineering right in the 912. I would presume that they keep the setup for the head assembly which I think is a main factor in regards to flying characteristics. Please post your initial thoughts as soon as possible and I will do the same.

Btw, I am about to try a conversion of the 912 to brushless soon. Curious how than pans out.

Cheers
Swed
swedman is offline Find More Posts by swedman
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 06:20 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
4,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swedman View Post
Hi SeByDocKy

Same here. In a few days :-) Well, if it is a scaled up version of the 912 I have high hopes! They seem to have got the engineering right in the 912. I would presume that they keep the setup for the head assembly which I think is a main factor in regards to flying characteristics. Please post your initial thoughts as soon as possible and I will do the same.

Btw, I am about to try a conversion of the 912 to brushless soon. Curious how than pans out.

Cheers
Swed
Paradoxaly I will receive my v913 before my v912 ....
Got great hopes for both....
But actually no spare for v913 ....
Stupid question : benifice of brushless motor ?
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 06:44 AM
Registered User
Sweden, Stockholm County, Stockholm
Joined Apr 2012
58 Posts
Hi again SeBy!

Well the v912 wont disapoint you (unless you want 3D action, haha).

Not stupid (A year ago I asked the same!): Well a brushless motor have the following benefits(but not limited to): It is more durable compared to a brushed. It is more energy efficiant - less heat = better battery time. It can pack more punch (torq) in a smaller housing compared to brushed. The downside is that you need other parts around like a ESC and possible a signal converter (brushed to brushless).
swedman is offline Find More Posts by swedman
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:26 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
4,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swedman View Post
Hi again SeBy!

Well the v912 wont disapoint you (unless you want 3D action, haha).

Not stupid (A year ago I asked the same!): Well a brushless motor have the following benefits(but not limited to): It is more durable compared to a brushed. It is more energy efficiant - less heat = better battery time. It can pack more punch (torq) in a smaller housing compared to brushed. The downside is that you need other parts around like a ESC and possible a signal converter (brushed to brushless).
Oki thank you for these informations. I am sure there will be some brushless mods around for the v912 & v913
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:46 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
RCCrashTestDummy's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Subscribed
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion WL Toys V911 Short Motor Life?? Brushless Conversion ? scharlach Micro Helis 16 Apr 12, 2014 04:09 AM
New Product $40 MQX / Ladybird by WL Toys (Turnigy Compatible) zadaw Multirotor Talk 19 Jun 27, 2012 04:20 PM
For Sale WL TOYS 3.5-Channel iPhone/ iPad/ iPod / iTouch RC Helicopter with 0.3 MP Camera! Santoyo Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Jun 13, 2012 11:36 AM
New Product Swift WL Toys S929 - Micro Helicopter with Turbo control Hawai Coaxial Helicopters 39 Mar 08, 2012 05:57 PM