HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2003, 01:13 PM
wigan UK
Joined Dec 2003
26 Posts
multiplex cargo

right I'm moveing the CG 1 and a quater inches forward (of manuals recomended position) and changeing the 2 deg upthrust to 2 deg down thrust? is this right? also should I cover it in tisue/paper and PVA to get a better finish? oh and can anyone tell me if theres a distinct improvement by fitting the gearboxes to the cargo? I'm going to run it on the standard 4* 400 direct drive motors running of an 8 cell 2700mah batt through a 40 SC, not after huge performance just enough to get airborne of a closely mowed field with a camera in it's belly. going for a red and white colour scheme and stand off scale looks! any other sugestions? (no american bomber sugestions please!)
BOGWEED is offline Find More Posts by BOGWEED
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2003, 04:15 PM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,488 Posts
Bogweed,

Welcome to the RC Groups forums!

Hit the 'search' button near the top of the page to find a load of info about the Cargo.

Although I've not had one myself, common lore has it that some additional downthrust is a good idea with this design to stop it pitching up under power.

You'd think that Multiplex could have got it right before releasing the model, wouldn't you?

tim
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old Dec 15, 2003, 04:18 PM
Midlands UK
Joined Aug 2003
14 Posts
2 deg of downthust on motors sounds like a good ideal . Mine climbs steeply on full power , I tried gearbox option but the noise of four gearboxes was terrible so i removed them again returning to direct drive , 8 mins flight times possible with D.Drive on 8 cell sanyo 3.300 nima Cells ..
Got some mini parachute guys from "Toys are us" fit in the bomb bay a treat , They look good when released at around 200 ft Upwind .
tvtech is offline Find More Posts by tvtech
Old Dec 15, 2003, 04:23 PM
Midlands UK
Joined Aug 2003
14 Posts
Tim i see we are near neibours , I am just down the M54/A5 a few miles at Hadnall , Shrewsbury . Small World ?
Old Dec 15, 2003, 05:26 PM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,488 Posts
tvtech,

At the risk of going horribly off-topic, where do you fly?

tim
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old Dec 16, 2003, 12:44 PM
wigan UK
Joined Dec 2003
26 Posts
not a newbie tim although I am newish! flying a moded twinstar at the mo' and a 480 twinjet (not sure what the twinjet dose can be classed as flying though?) I posted my build (still building) on the lancaster by priory a while back, the cargo came up for grabs at 50 with a 40 amp SC all the guy had done with it was.......... well to be honest he took it out the box was all he'd done! so the lancs on hold while I knock this up as a toe in the water type plane, 4 400 DD with same batts and big dragy airframe, only the cargo's got an undercarage so it should give me a bit of confidence in flying the lanc. I did do a search for info on the cargo but it was a little sparse on the ground and a lot was vauge and contradictory! just thought I'd air my views on the cargo 1.01 patch before I took scaple to foam! so any definate CG positions ?
Old Dec 17, 2003, 04:49 PM
Midlands UK
Joined Aug 2003
14 Posts
Flying Site

Hi Tim , I am a member of The SMFC we fly at Forton Nr Shrewsbury , Also fly Indoors at RAF Shawbury sports Hanger once a month ,
I am Webmaster for smfc website see http://www.smfc.info/
Old Dec 17, 2003, 05:33 PM
St Paul, Mn
Joined Apr 2001
365 Posts
Bog
I run mine with the setup you described, downthrust and cg placement...
It still climbs under power, but not as bad as it did stock, ad a little downtrim and its like an arrow...
I also run DD, and you will be suprised at how much power it has.
I love mine, my favorite plane to fly....

good luck
bozmonster is offline Find More Posts by bozmonster
Old Dec 17, 2003, 05:44 PM
wigan UK
Joined Dec 2003
26 Posts
cheers bozmonster, I've heard a few coments on it "being slow" with 4 motors and an 8 cell pack I imagined it would have plenty of grunt (not speed) and thanks for the info and I have to agree on the gearboxes, the sound of four 'grindboxes' is something I didn't want to experience! do you hand launch yours or can the standard setup (direct drive) allow for normal takeoffs? (the manual says you need gearboxes for ground takeoffs but I'm takeing that with a pinch of salt along with the CG position!) cheers, and any info on the takeoffs would be great?
Last edited by BOGWEED; Dec 17, 2003 at 05:46 PM.