SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:06 PM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,083 Posts
Discussion
Working on backlights for my DX6i...

While the weather is not entirely ideal for flying right now, I have always wanted a backlight system for my DX6i. My friend has a similar issue with his DX7s.

We ordered some 9X Turnigy backlight kits from HK, and will be putting them in when they arrive. I'll post some pics and maybe a vid or two of the procedure for those interested. It looks very easy to do. Stay tuned! The mail should arrive around just after Christmas, maybe sooner!

Skycadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New plane - Evader!!!
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:07 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
I'm highly interested. I have both of those Tx's.
My buddy bought a used DX6i with a backlight and boy was I jealous!. It's sweet.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:23 AM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,083 Posts
Hi IFly!

Yes, they are very easy to do, and the two TXs are slightly different to wire up, but not too bad if you dabble in electronics. Pretty straight forward. I'll post some vids of the procedures for both here when I get them.

SC
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New plane - Evader!!!