Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:33 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,482 Posts
Try a quad as they are good trainers. Co-ax to c/p will cost you.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:53 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
From what I'm reading, it seems to be a bug in the 7E firmware.

Nah, dual rates on elevator and aileron (greater than 100 equals more travel).
this is happening with no trim/subtrim? i purchased a 7E for my sons ladybird and his isn't doing that.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:04 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by royma View Post
Hi,

I am pretty new to the hobby, and after mastering a co-axial 4 channel I decided to try something more challenging.
I just got my Super CP and have to admit its alot more challenging than I expected, maybe I should have tried a fixed pitched helicopter before...

Either way, my question is - Is there a certain setup for the Devo 7E to make the helicopters responses more suitable for beginners. I just tried the setup that was on the manual.

Thanks alot for your help !
yes, change your elevator and aileron dual rate to 60% and +30% expo and pitch curve in normal L = 0, M=0, H=70% These settings will make your heli very, very docile. if it feels too tame then just adjust in 5% increments until it is to your liking.

note: this is for indoor flying only.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:15 PM
Joined Jan 2013
15 Posts
pmerritt thanks for the great advice !

I`m actually starting to get it to hover and able to control it with these new settings.

Thanks.
royma is offline Find More Posts by royma
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:19 AM
Joined Jul 2009
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I just got my Super CP. I only had time for one flight this morning before work, but I am impressed. Cyclic response seems better than the MiniCP. The motor seems faster than the mini as well. Stability also seems better. I did a couple of low circuits in the basement, less than 1 foot off the floor, and there was almost no ground effect. At 3 feet, it is very precise. It is a little more jittery than the mini requiring more correction, but that comes with the added response.
The canopy mount pins are an improvement as they now limit the position the canopy can move in preventing the canopy from binding the servos.
The battery cable is still a little short similar to the SuperFP and the MiniCP.
All in all, I am very satisfied so far.

I'm glad to hear the positive comments about the Super CP. I pulled the trigger on one last week and it should be here on Tuesday with the devo 7e. This will be my first Devo based Walkera bird.
OmegaRedIsDMan is offline Find More Posts by OmegaRedIsDMan
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:10 PM
Joined May 2010
26 Posts
To anyone who has a Super CP or will be getting one soon, I'm very interested as to the durability of it. I bought an MSR as my first heli right after christmas and am already confident whipping it around my front yard with full stick movement on the advanced swash settings, but I do have the occasional crash that comes with full speed reckless flying combined with a helicopter that doesn't like small wind gusts. I like that the MSR is very durable and I've only managed to break a flybar so far. I know the nano CP x is also very durable but it basically requires me to buy the $150 BNF and a $100-150 used DX6i to fly it, while the Devo 7E looks like a good, versatile radio, and it can be had with the Super CP RTF for $150

To those that are currently flying the Super CP, hows the durability? Specifically how does it compare to the nano CP x in both durability and flying? Also, hows the Super CP in the wind?
brad24 is offline Find More Posts by brad24
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:44 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad24 View Post
To anyone who has a Super CP or will be getting one soon, I'm very interested as to the durability of it. I bought an MSR as my first heli right after christmas and am already confident whipping it around my front yard with full stick movement on the advanced swash settings, but I do have the occasional crash that comes with full speed reckless flying combined with a helicopter that doesn't like small wind gusts. I like that the MSR is very durable and I've only managed to break a flybar so far. I know the nano CP x is also very durable but it basically requires me to buy the $150 BNF and a $100-150 used DX6i to fly it, while the Devo 7E looks like a good, versatile radio, and it can be had with the Super CP RTF for $150

To those that are currently flying the Super CP, hows the durability? Specifically how does it compare to the nano CP x in both durability and flying? Also, hows the Super CP in the wind?
I can't say how durable the SuperCP is because I have not crashed it yet, but I have the SuperFP which share most of the same parts and in many crashes with it, I have only broken a front skid horn and one tail blade. The canopy does not even have a crack yet and it has clipped my universal weight machine several times at speed.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:50 PM
V911 F45 Super CP
Joined Apr 2012
140 Posts
Quote:
I can't say how durable the SuperCP is because I have not crashed it yet, but I have the SuperFP which share most of the same parts and in many crashes with it, I have only broken a front skid horn and one tail blade. The canopy does not even have a crack yet and it has clipped my universal weight machine several times at speed.
How do the motors seem heat/power wise?
Mitch332 is offline Find More Posts by Mitch332
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:33 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch332 View Post
How do the motors seem heat/power wise?
Power is good for a brushed motor, seems better than my minicp and the flight time is longer. They get hot like the core motor in the mini by 5 minutes, which is probably to long a flight time. I set my timer at 4 minutes and power is pretty constistant for the whole flight.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:51 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,779 Posts
Quote:
Mines pretty durable now that I've replaced the feathering shaft and screws. I think the original screws were over tightened, in the factory.

Before I increased the cyclic dual rates (110%) and expo (30%), I had a couple of powered crashes, on grass, with no damage.

3D is okay. It could do with a bit more power. I'm now using 55% pitch, which gives it a bit more collective stop punch.

Edit: I also had to lower the cyclic gain pot to about 1/3 (from half).
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:28 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2007
299 Posts
I could not resist and ordered the Super CP from miracle mart just now. I have limited CP experience and have so far only flown the Solo Pro 100D and the WL V922.

Hope to be able to master CP properly with the Super CP. Seems like this is the best route to take based on the price and capabilities of the Devo 7e.
TFMeouch is offline Find More Posts by TFMeouch
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:56 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,062 Posts
@brad24
The DeviationX guys are working on porting their firmware to the Devo7e. Once done, you'll be able to bind to Horizon Hobby helis as well.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:32 PM
Joined May 2010
26 Posts
@daryoon that's great news, for the price of just a used DX6i you can buy a Super CP and a Devo 7E and have a good, programmable TX that will bind to horizon's stuff too? Seems like a no brainer to me, I'll be ordering this combo soon.

How is the power / tail hold compared to a nano CPx? Anybody have issues stripping the servos yet?
brad24 is offline Find More Posts by brad24
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:20 AM
Joined Jul 2009
152 Posts
My Super CP arrived

My Super CP arrived today. My first impressions are that its really stable and tame with the settings that came with the devo 7e. I've only flown around inside so far while adjusting settings and gauging the flight time with both the stock batteries and my hyperions (both 240mah)

in normal mode I flew one battery for about 6 and a half min. I still had enough power to hover but I decided to land. When I checked the battery voltage was at 3.66v.

in stunt mode at 100 percent throttle after about 3.5 min my hyperion battery was at 3.77v.

The Devo 7e is my first Devo radio and so far i'm really impressed with the features like being able to set the timer to start when you move the throttle stick up.

So far the only questionable thing I have found is that this heli doesn't seem to have telemetry even though the ads I've seen mention it. Whenever I try to go to the telemetry menu I can't seem to select it at all.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get the chance to take it outside and really fly.
OmegaRedIsDMan is offline Find More Posts by OmegaRedIsDMan
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:07 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
3,959 Posts
There's probably another item somewhere you need to set to enable telemetry. Seems certain functions are disabled by default on a Devo. Like the throttle hold and such. I don't think the the SuperCP supports telemetry tho so i don't think it'll actually matter.

A know someone with a 7e and he did like the ability to see the voltage, but it apparently has a shorter range compared to his Devo7 and he's lost a MasterCP.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member