HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:41 PM
Joined Jan 2013
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microrcfiend View Post
At first when you said 'bolt' blades I thought you meant a different brand of bullet type blades. Nice review dude, I'm really looking forward to the fbl100 motor coming as well now, should have tons of pop with these blades.

Comparison vid is finally cooked.
Skip to about 6 mins for the bullet blades, I did a stock battery and a 300mah nanotech with each set of blades.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciXI5...ature=youtu.be

And I was thinking all along it was probably gonna have a lot less punch. The visible disc is a huge bonus too. I'd like to do some flip comparisons in side by side by I use videopad and I don't think it can do it or pic in pic stuff.
microrcfriend, whats ur pot set too?
Titan33 is offline Find More Posts by Titan33
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:21 AM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,619 Posts
Still tinkering with it but around 9.30-10.00 as you look at the heli from the front. My dial has 2 flat sides, one small and one larger. I treat the larger one as the dial indicator.

I found I could hover and fly fine indoors with very gentle circuits even down at 3 ish but as soon as I got outside and there was wind or I flew fast anything below 6 was just too loose when correcting after flips, especially rolls. I still mean to push it a bit further until it feels too much and tune it back down but it feels ok for the moment.

I uploaded a bit of footage for the inverted tail first stuff I was talking about. Although you can't really see the difference apart from a couple crashes it 'feels' much nicer without the canopy. Time to make a sealed back on one next and try that. Crap for seeing the tiny spec in the sky though
Super CP - no canopy comparison (5 min 40 sec)

I never even got round to turning the rates up today to counter the slower flip and roll rate, I will try dropping the giro a touch too now you remind me of it, cheers.
microrcfiend is offline Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Last edited by microrcfiend; Mar 03, 2013 at 12:23 AM. Reason: giro comment
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:44 AM
Joined Jan 2013
70 Posts
Quote:
Still tinkering with it but around 9.30-10.00 as you look at the heli from the front. My dial has 2 flat sides, one small and one larger. I treat the larger one as the dial indicator.

I found I could hover and fly fine indoors with very gentle circuits even down at 3 ish but as soon as I got outside and there was wind or I flew fast anything below 6 was just too loose when correcting after flips, especially rolls. I still mean to push it a bit further until it feels too much and tune it back down but it feels ok for the moment.

I uploaded a bit of footage for the inverted tail first stuff I was talking about. Although you can't really see the difference apart from a couple crashes it 'feels' much nicer without the canopy. Time to make a sealed back on one next and try that. Crap for seeing the tiny spec in the sky though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NREc...ature=youtu.be

I never even got round to turning the rates up today to counter the slower flip and roll rate, I will try dropping the giro a touch too now you remind me of it, cheers.
Wow man... just wow... I wish someday I can fly 3D like that, that was one graceful Angry Bird haha. I adjusted my giro pot to 10 o'clock as well, incredibly stable. Able to hover just about anywhere now.

Might I ask how you mounted your camera?
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:48 AM
Joined Jan 2013
70 Posts
Quote:

Also at the end of your video, it looked like your super took a lot longer to spin down after you cut throttle. Did you lube it w/ unicorn blood? haha or are you running a brushless setup?
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:54 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,619 Posts
Cam is a 808 #16 or 18 depending on which one decides to work, some velcro and a baseball cap. 18 gives better footage but I swear they are cursed or just hate me.

Makes the tracking smooth but no screen so sometimes you fly above or below the shot, less now but it still happens occasionally.

I turned off the tx first so it gave it some angryness for effect.

Still stock for now, wanna work on my flying a bit before unleashing the brushless, I can't imagine wanting to go back to brushed after.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:26 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:

Nice flying. Wished I had something other than 2 feet of snow to fly in.
Ps. The large flat side is the back and the smaller side is the pointer.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:38 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Nice flying. Wished I had something other than 2 feet of snow to fly in.
Ps. The large flat side is the back and the smaller side is the pointer.
Sorry, yes, I did mean I treat the large side as the back of the arrow pointer. Was sure I typed the opposite, thanks for pointing it out.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:24 PM
Caution: Noob in training
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
878 Posts
Can anyone confirm that the following is the correct channel info for the SuperCP?

ch1 Elevator stick position
ch2 Aileron stick position
ch3 Throttle stick position
ch4 Rudder stick position
ch5 -not used-
ch6 Collective Pitch
ch7 Gyro setting

Out of curiosity, if that is correct, any way of hacking into ch5 on the RX?
RoGuE_StreaK is offline Find More Posts by RoGuE_StreaK
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:13 PM
Joined Jan 2013
70 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, yes, I did mean I treat the large side as the back of the arrow pointer. Was sure I typed the opposite, thanks for pointing it out.
So I set my gyro pot to 11o'clock today to test. Man I was holding it in my hand and any slight movements, you can see the gyro move the servo. Looks almost exactly like the 6-axis gyro seen in the video. I was able to walk around my whole house hovering, just like my V911. Hands free hover at moments too. Not sure how it will do outdoor or in 3D. I did hard pitch pumps, and noticed that if there was a lot of air bounce on the rotors, the heli would sort of shake unbalancely for a moment since most likely there was servo movement during the pitch pumps. Only happened on hard pitch pumps though. I did notice possibly a shorter flight time. Maybe because of the hard pitch pumps or maybe the gyro is working harder....

Anyone else been playing w/ the pot?
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:13 PM
Joined Jan 2013
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan33 View Post
So I set my gyro pot to 11o'clock today to test. Man I was holding it in my hand and any slight movements, you can see the gyro move the servo. Looks almost exactly like the 6-axis gyro seen in the video. I was able to walk around my whole house hovering, just like my V911. Hands free hover at moments too. Not sure how it will do outdoor or in 3D. I did hard pitch pumps, and noticed that if there was a lot of air bounce on the rotors, the heli would sort of shake unbalancely for a moment since most likely there was servo movement during the pitch pumps. Only happened on hard pitch pumps though. I did notice possibly a shorter flight time. Maybe because of the hard pitch pumps or maybe the gyro is working harder....

here is the video I was talking about:
How 6 Axis Gyro Works on the Walkera Genius (0 min 28 sec)
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:07 PM
"Lurker"
Alabama
Joined May 2007
139 Posts
Are most of you guys using the factory settings on the Devo7e ? I haven't had much time due to work and the mid 30's temps to fly mine yet. I set up model #2 using the settings I found HERE, but as I said, I haven't had much time other than a few minutes in the garage.

As a side note, I can't fly for crap in the garage, no matter what heli I try. Something about the small space throwing me off and being to hurried on the sticks. I was in there the other day, with the Msrx, and could barely fly a circuit. I go out in 8-12mph winds (personal weather station verified), and have fun surfing it around the front yard.
Mag718 is offline Find More Posts by Mag718
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:56 PM
Joined Jan 2013
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag718 View Post
Are most of you guys using the factory settings on the Devo7e ? I haven't had much time due to work and the mid 30's temps to fly mine yet. I set up model #2 using the settings I found HERE, but as I said, I haven't had much time other than a few minutes in the garage.

As a side note, I can't fly for crap in the garage, no matter what heli I try. Something about the small space throwing me off and being to hurried on the sticks. I was in there the other day, with the Msrx, and could barely fly a circuit. I go out in 8-12mph winds (personal weather station verified), and have fun surfing it around the front yard.
I tried using that setup but i felt like the throttle curves were too on the high end. Im using mostly stock settings. Inwouldnt change the settings it came with on the devo7e. Should be called "SuperCP" instead. Make a copy then play w/ it. I messed mine up... does the settings that it came programmed with match the one on the paper it came with? Are the programmed pitch and thrpttle curves tje same?

I increased my exponential to make the cyclics less sensitive.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:56 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,619 Posts
Factory settings seem good for mild flying, unless you don't want any negative pitch. Just doing circuits and no inverted I mean.

Slowly i'm getting more confident with how this heli handles the wind. It felt dead calm the other day so I got the v911 out for a gentle circuit and it was promptly blown across the field.

I'm amazed at how well the tail holds in long inverted tail slides into or with the wind side on.
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:39 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan33 View Post

I played itch them a lot. I was having an issue with the SuperCP trying to self correct similar to a 6 axis gyro. I suppose it might be ok, but I didn't like it.
I moved the gyro from the 9:00 o'clock position down to as far as the 6:00, but it did not give rid of this. I then went the other way and at 10:00 o'clock this disappeared and it now has the same feel as my MiniCP.
I have a V120D02S with 3 axis gyro and I need these to react similar.
The shake you are getting is probably too much gyro gain. Turn your pot cow a little at a time until it goes away. Indoors, it won't affect much, but if you get outside in a little breeze, the effect will be amplified when the gyro needs to work harder to compensate for the wind causing violent shaking which will probably cause you to lose control.
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:42 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag718 View Post

That is really the beauty for flying in small spaces. Just do small, slow, controlled circuits and you will get proficient at handling it. The key is getting the control. Once you manage it inside, you can fly anything outside in open spaces.