Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:58 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasprevere View Post
hi BF

I have devo 7E AND MINI CP , you can reverse the hold and idle up switches , i dont
remember the menu but i already reverse them!
Thanks. I thought I'd been though all of the menus, but I must have missed something.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:22 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
I found out how to swap the HOLD and FMOD switches. It's under Model Menu/Device Select. Thanks again, thomasprevere.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:06 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
I just got my Super CP. I only had time for one flight this morning before work, but I am impressed. Cyclic response seems better than the MiniCP. The motor seems faster than the mini as well. Stability also seems better. I did a couple of low circuits in the basement, less than 1 foot off the floor, and there was almost no ground effect. At 3 feet, it is very precise. It is a little more jittery than the mini requiring more correction, but that comes with the added response.
The canopy mount pins are an improvement as they now limit the position the canopy can move in preventing the canopy from binding the servos.
The battery cable is still a little short similar to the SuperFP and the MiniCP.
All in all, I am very satisfied so far.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:25 AM
Joined Oct 2012
777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Stability also seems better. I did a couple of low circuits in the basement, less than 1 foot off the floor, and there was almost no ground effect. At 3 feet, it is very precise. It is a little more jittery than the mini requiring more correction, but that comes with the added response.
The above statement is not very clear, as you describe it as being more stable and then jittery as well, please clarify?
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:27 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
The above statement is not very clear, as you describe it as being more stable and then jittery as well, please clarify?
When Hovering, you need some constant input. That is what I mean by jittery. Once in flight, it is stable and very easy to control because the cyclic response is crisp.
When flying as in the example of my first few circuits at about 1 foot of the floor, the heli is stable in flight and does not wander around due to normal ground effects.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:09 PM
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
484 Posts
BThirsk,

what kind of flight times are you getting with your new SuperCP?
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:27 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Does anyone know, with the Devo 7E, why I can only get 87.5% throttle in stunt mode with the stick all the way down? I checked the throttle curves and in stunt mode the L setting is at 100%, but it still only shows the throttle in the graph going to 87.5%. Stick full up seems fine.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:26 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Does anyone know, with the Devo 7E, why I can only get 87.5% throttle in stunt mode with the stick all the way down? I checked the throttle curves and in stunt mode the L setting is at 100%, but it still only shows the throttle in the graph going to 87.5%. Stick full up seems fine.
Check travel adjust for THR, maybe you changed it by mistake.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:25 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. It's set to 100/100.

The other interesting thing is that a 0 throttle curve at point L gives you -12. I noticed this when I first turned on the Tx, out of stunt mode. Even point 1 will go all the way to 100%, just not the point L.

I've found a "workaround" for the moment, so I was able to do some 3D. Also needed 110% dual rates and could probably still do with a bit more, say 115%. I'd like more power, but there is enough for simple 3D flying.

Flight time with the stock 240mah 25C Lipo, is around 4 to 5 minutes.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:36 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,114 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. It's set to 100/100.

The other interesting thing is that a 0 throttle curve at point L gives you -12. I noticed this when I first turned on the Tx, out of stunt mode. Even point 1 will go all the way to 100%, just not the point L.

I've found a "workaround" for the moment, so I was able to do some 3D. Also needed 110% dual rates and could probably still do with a bit more, say 115%. I'd like more power, but there is enough for simple 3D flying.
I don't have a 7E but a 10, and my THR curve points can go from -100 to 100, so no problems setting up IU thr curves.

Also, dual rates on THR?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:26 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,678 Posts
From what I'm reading, it seems to be a bug in the 7E firmware.

Nah, dual rates on elevator and aileron (greater than 100 equals more travel).
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:53 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,114 Posts
Quote:
From what I'm reading, it seems to be a bug in the 7E firmware.

Nah, dual rates on elevator and aileron (greater than 100 equals more travel).
Bug is the most plausible
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:12 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
BThirsk,

what kind of flight times are you getting with your new SuperCP?
4.25 battery still at 3.8 volts with 240mah stock battery.
Still no motor slow down or bog. I timer to 4 minutes on these brush motors.
The MiniCP has 350mah batteries and by 4 minutes, the head speed is down and it gets boggy. Voltage is still only down to 3.8 but it appears the mini motor draws motor as it gets hot. I have some Turnigy 260mah 35C batteries coming that I want to try and see if those work better.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:05 AM
Joined Jun 2008
70 Posts
Anyone tried mild 3D with this superCP? I would like to use it inside and 3D outside when my v120d02 is grounded ...
ju204 is offline Find More Posts by ju204
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:31 AM
Joined Jan 2013
15 Posts
Super CP for beginners

Hi,

I am pretty new to the hobby, and after mastering a co-axial 4 channel I decided to try something more challenging.
I just got my Super CP and have to admit its alot more challenging than I expected, maybe I should have tried a fixed pitched helicopter before...

Either way, my question is - Is there a certain setup for the Devo 7E to make the helicopters responses more suitable for beginners. I just tried the setup that was on the manual.

Thanks alot for your help !
royma is offline Find More Posts by royma