4,912 Posts
Looks great. I'm in for one...
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:12 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,766 Posts
I ordered one as well. I have both the SuperFP and the MiniCP and have found the SuperFP to be much more durable. The canopy has had numerous conflicts with walls and hard things like my universal weight machine and has still no cracks. The servos are all still original where as I have replaced 2 on the mini cp so far. If this is as durable as the Super FP, it will be great.
I personally think not having a six axis gyro is a bad thing. These guys are made to increase your skills and I think having too much gyro inhibits this learning process. I have turned the gyros down and have the dual rate a 110%?
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:59 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Aug 2012
48 Posts
Any word on when these are supposed to ship?
mountainman13 is offline Find More Posts by mountainman13
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:33 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,267 Posts
They're already out. Check out the eHirobo site. ARF is $90
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:50 AM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Aug 2012
48 Posts
Damn. I guess I should have checked there before I pre-ordered from Banggood.
mountainman13 is offline Find More Posts by mountainman13
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:58 AM
Joined Dec 2012
68 Posts
How would you compare it with Genius CP V2. Besides, will the stronger motor and faster RPM will be nullified after the brushless mod?
pshkong is offline Find More Posts by pshkong
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:07 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
The motor of the super cp is the stock genius cp V1 motor as you can see at the spare-parts at chinesejade.
Its not really powerfull at all
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:13 AM
Joined Dec 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
The motor of the super cp is the stock genius cp V1 motor as you can see at the spare-parts at chinesejade.
Its not really powerfull at all
So that means a brushless upgrade is necessary, but that, after the upgrade, what is the difference? I bet not much, and I'm skeptical to the 5-wired servos....
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:26 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshkong View Post
So that means a brushless upgrade is necessary, but that, after the upgrade, what is the difference? I bet not much, and I'm skeptical to the 5-wired servos....
The super cp weights nearly as much as the genius cp, and with my genius the brushless upgrade was the best i ever did. Much more punch and no cool down times for the motor needed anymore.
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:57 AM
Joined Dec 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
The super cp weights nearly as much as the genius cp, and with my genius the brushless upgrade was the best i ever did. Much more punch and no cool down times for the motor needed anymore.
Good, then I will stick with my Mini CP. Thanks your for info!
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:02 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshkong View Post
I'm not sure if the servos will be an issue.
I have both the MiniCP and a SuperFP.
I have crashed the SuperFP many more times than the MiniCP because of the sloppy response I was getting. I still have both original servos. I thought maybe the response issue was due to the servos, but after turning the gyro to 25% and the dual rates to 110%, the SuperFP now handles almost as crisp as the MiniCP so the servos were not the issue.
I ordered one of these because I feel it is more durable than the MiniCP.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:25 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
I received my Super CP. Nice looking heli. Already bound to the supplied Devo 7E. The 7E requires 4 AA batteries. Nice backlit display on the Tx. A pity there is no way to reverse the Hold and Fmod switches.

Lifted off very stable. 1 minute into the first flight I tried a left piro. The heli drifted off sideways (piro comp sucks), clipped a chair leg and one blade flew off. Looks like this thing isn't very tough. Snapped off one of the feathering shaft screws. No chance of getting the screw out, so I'm grounded until I can get another feathering shaft.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:54 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I received my Super CP. Nice looking heli. Already bound to the supplied Devo 7E. The 7E requires 4 AA batteries. Nice backlit display on the Tx. A pity there is no way to reverse the Hold and Fmod switches.

Lifted off very stable. 1 minute into the first flight I tried a left piro. The heli drifted off sideways (piro comp sucks), clipped a chair leg and one blade flew off. Looks like this thing isn't very tough. Snapped off one of the feathering shaft screws. No chance of getting the screw out, so I'm grounded until I can get another feathering shaft.
I'm sure it is much the same as the MiniCP for piros. My mini will drift 3 to 4 feet in a piro if I don't add cyclic. You just had bad luck. I have crashed my MiniCP and SuperFP a few times and never broke anything(TH). The only parts I have broken are servos on the MiniCP(3) and a tail blade on the SuperFP.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:00 AM
Greece, Attica, Nea Ionia
Joined Feb 2011
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post

hi BF

I have devo 7E AND MINI CP , you can reverse the hold and idle up switches , i dont
remember the menu but i already reverse them!
thomasprevere is online now Find More Posts by thomasprevere