HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:27 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
3,893 Posts
When it works (which takes a lot of physical adjustments), the 6 axis mode on GeniusCP makes it fly like a 4channel. Push the stick forward and it goes forward, it will never flip over, and if you let go, it goes back to being level. I'm not aware of another 6ch behaving like that. Does the MasterCP?
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:26 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2012
1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
Does the MasterCP?
Yes...it flys like a 4ch with flybar...ie let go of the stick and it levels off, it doesn't continue in the direction it was in.
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:52 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,256 Posts
The Genius in 6 axis mode causes a lot of undesirable handling effects and makes response rather mushy. I think you can tune the transmitter to get rid of most of the problems it causes, but I doubt most people would bother. This was Walkera's first attempt at using accelerometers. I suspect they have improved it in the Master CP.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:06 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,125 Posts
The 6 axis mode on the Master CP is very different to that on the Genius. in the Genius, the correction by accelerometer is over the entire range of the stick movement. Whereas it is mainly over the central area with the Master CP. That is why you can fly 3D with the Master CP but not with the Genius in the 6 axis mode. Otherwise, both are very stable in hover.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:09 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2012
1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The 6 axis mode on the Master CP is very different to that on the Genius. in the Genius, the correction by accelerometer is over the entire range of the stick movement. Whereas it is mainly over the central area with the Master CP. That is why you can fly 3D with the Master CP but not with the Genius in the 6 axis mode. Otherwise, both are very stable in hover.
Cool, thanks for the info.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:05 AM
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Jul 2012
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
Yes...it flys like a 4ch with flybar...ie let go of the stick and it levels off, it doesn't continue in the direction it was in.
Is this the same with the Super CP?
Rich Knapp is offline Find More Posts by Rich Knapp
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:10 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2012
1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
Is this the same with the Super CP?
I doubt it as the Super CP uses 3 axis gyro not 6.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
I doubt it as the Super CP uses 3 axis gyro not 6.
As far as i know its a 6axis RX like all receivers from Walkera at the moment :-)
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:05 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2012
1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
As far as i know its a 6axis RX like all receivers from Walkera at the moment :-)
Nah, the Super CP is based on the Mini CP which uses 3 axis gyro not 6. Same with the Genius FP and Super FP which also use 3 axis gyro. Only micro heli from Walkera that use 6 axis gyro is Genius CP and Genius CP V2.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:04 PM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Nah, the Super CP is based on the Mini CP which uses 3 axis gyro not 6. Same with the Genius FP and Super FP which also use 3 axis gyro. Only micro heli from Walkera that use 6 axis gyro is Genius CP and Genius CP V2.
ok, i saw the beta version of the super cp live in the sports hall, it looked more like a 6 axis heli
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:50 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,125 Posts
The Mini CP is very stable already so I don't how much a 6 axis gyro will add. However since Walkera is going after the beginners, any extra stability would be a bonus. Traders here think that on the balance, the Mini CP was a failure because of its short flight times and also of increased risk of damage to the receiver. Obviously, Walkera has increased the flight time with this heli. Whether the receiver is less prone to damage remains to be seen. I don't like 100 class CPs in general. It is very easy for tail motor fets to be blown out. Also, it is easy to pull the battery wire off the receiver.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:15 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The Mini CP is very stable already so I don't how much a 6 axis gyro will add. However since Walkera is going after the beginners, any extra stability would be a bonus. Traders here think that on the balance, the Mini CP was a failure because of its short flight times and also of increased risk of damage to the receiver. Obviously, Walkera has increased the flight time with this heli. Whether the receiver is less prone to damage remains to be seen. I don't like 100 class CPs in general. It is very easy for tail motor fets to be blown out. Also, it is easy to pull the battery wire off the receiver.
I agree with you. The Mini CP is very stable and it is ULTRA stable if you turn the gyro pot on the RX up to 4 o-clock position or so.
I had the Genius CP and with the pot turned up on the Mini CP it flew like a 6 axis.

I may be getting a Super CP to test and review.
I see on the Super CP the coil is still on the front of the board but it looks like the RX sockets might protect it in a crash.
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Dec 21, 2012, 08:17 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
3,893 Posts
One of alishanmao videos had him trying out a 450 heli with a 6 axis gyro and he apparently had trouble getting it to do tictocs because it kept trying to stabilize itself if he gets too far inverted.

So I'm guessing a fully functioning 6 axis gyro is sort of like a magnet, the closer you are to level (either upside down or right side up) , the stronger the tendency to self correct? That doesn't sound like something you'd want in a 3d heli.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:01 PM
Joined Dec 2011
87 Posts
Hi,

I'am curious to know where the weight gain comes from.

Is it only from the motor (same motor as genius cp finally ?)? And the final weight (including battery) is the same as Genius CP or less ?

Thanks
Flo38 is offline Find More Posts by Flo38
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:31 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
quick table compare the super CP, Mini CP and Genius CP
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo