SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:28 PM
Joined Dec 2012
4 Posts
Discussion
Orange DSM 6 Channel Radios

I had decided to buy a Orange DSM2 6 Channel radio from Hobby King. Went looking for it tonight and it has disappeared from market. Can't find it anywhere? Any one know what happened???
I am a newbie (66 yrs old) comming back to modeling after a 50 year absence!
Thanks,
Al
P.S. feel free to email me at: avoisine at cox dot net
avoisine is offline Find More Posts by avoisine
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:44 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avoisine View Post
I had decided to buy a Orange DSM2 6 Channel radio from Hobby King. Went looking for it tonight and it has disappeared from market. Can't find it anywhere? Any one know what happened???
I am a newbie (66 yrs old) comming back to modeling after a 50 year absence!
Thanks,
Al
P.S. feel free to email me at: avoisine at cox dot net
Do you mean you can't find the website. It looks as though it's down.

That would not be unusual, as there are reports of the site being down several times in the past three months. Try again later.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:55 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,716 Posts
HobbyKing is back up. The transmitter is on backorder, as one might expect with such a popular product. Don't wait for it to become available. If you want one put in an order and be patient. Some of these items can go for months selling only via backorder. When they come in, they don't go to stock but to backorders.

Welcome back. Things have changed a lot since the 60s! My first proportional radio in 1967 cost me one month's salary for a four channel.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:03 AM
United Kingdom, Glos
Joined Feb 2009
590 Posts
Looks a good radio, but until it comes to my local warehouse (UK) I'll hold off as there is no mention of any certification or approvals (CE, FCC etc) and if I buy from HK then I am the responsible importer.

Hopefully they will get it CE'd and then I can go tango........
FrankS is online now Find More Posts by FrankS