Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:02 PM
uavservices on MRF
saabguyspg's Avatar
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,970 Posts
I ordered two more DOS for multi rotor testing...

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:42 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,256 Posts
Has anyone installed the DOS system upside down. Any issues to worry about except making sure the controls are set correctly.?
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:19 AM
Registered User
Netherlands
Joined Dec 2010
304 Posts
There is no reason for mounting upsite down
Why would you do that?
wippo76 is offline Find More Posts by wippo76
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:23 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wippo76 View Post
There is no reason for mounting upsite down
Why would you do that?
Depending on the plane it might be easier to mount upside down so you can still see the flashing light.

Anyway I found a way to mount it as designed.
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:12 PM
Registered User
Netherlands
Joined Dec 2010
304 Posts
Ok .that way
But I think it should be working
As long as you reverse the gyroos
wippo76 is offline Find More Posts by wippo76
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:35 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
borneobear's Avatar
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk View Post
it might be easier to mount upside down
I don't think the DOS software has any 'setting' for installing the module upside down.


BB
borneobear is offline Find More Posts by borneobear
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:35 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by borneobear View Post
I don't think the DOS software has any 'setting' for installing the module upside down.


BB
Your right there is no setting. But other systems you just reverse the Pitch & Yaw settings to make it work correctly. As for DOS I haven't tried it. So not sure if the navigation side of things would be effected or not.
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:46 PM
Rick
United States, CA, Santa Clara
Joined Mar 2011
1,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk View Post
Your right there is no setting. But other systems you just reverse the Pitch & Yaw settings to make it work correctly. As for DOS I haven't tried it. So not sure if the navigation side of things would be effected or not.
Reversing channels can fix the problem with respect to stabilization and attitude hold but if it thinks down is up, something unpleasant is likely to happen when self-level is activated
choochoo22 is online now Find More Posts by choochoo22
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:01 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochoo22 View Post
Reversing channels can fix the problem with respect to stabilization and attitude hold but if it thinks down is up, something unpleasant is likely to happen when self-level is activated
Not if it the DOS allows you to set the attitude when the unit is inverted. On the Guardian 2d/3d you can do it either way. So for fun with the Guardian I set the plane level with the plane inverted to practice inverted flying. Lot of fun...flick the switch for 2D mode and the plane jumps into an upside down position at any height. Scares everyone around including me.

Might try it later on the DOS and see if it works...
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:17 PM
Rick
United States, CA, Santa Clara
Joined Mar 2011
1,940 Posts
Yes, I have three Guardians but on the DOS someone named hendrnk said "Your right there is no setting."
choochoo22 is online now Find More Posts by choochoo22
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:39 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochoo22 View Post
Yes, I have three Guardians but on the DOS someone named hendrnk said "Your right there is no setting."
Hey that's me .

There is no S/W setting, even with the Guardian there is no S/W setting but it still can be set to work inverted. May be the DOS can be as well.

Unless I missing your meaning of your reply. If so I will drop out until I get a chance to try it.
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:01 PM
Oopss. Oh well.
borneobear's Avatar
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk View Post
There is no S/W setting, even with the Guardian there is no S/W setting but it still can be set to work inverted. May be the DOS can be as well.
There's a chance the auto stabilization will work even when installed inverted.
But the RTH may end up on the other side of the world. haha


BB
borneobear is offline Find More Posts by borneobear
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:32 PM
Registered User
Netherlands
Joined Dec 2010
304 Posts
Are there already people who are flying with the fydos and has posted something on youtube?
wippo76 is offline Find More Posts by wippo76
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:27 PM
uavservices on MRF
saabguyspg's Avatar
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,970 Posts
I have flown DOS in some incredible winds...but sorry no video to prove it, I hope to get out and fly very soon.

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:13 PM
Oopss. Oh well.
borneobear's Avatar
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wippo76 View Post
Are there already people who are flying with the fydos and has posted something on youtube?

That'd be you.
borneobear is offline Find More Posts by borneobear
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold FY - 31AP Autopilot Path Navigation & Hornet OSD Combo GPS For RC Airplane mamut FPV Equipment (FS/W) 1 Sep 08, 2012 05:34 AM
Sold FY-31 autopilot with Hornet OSD willi_m FPV Equipment (FS/W) 2 Jun 26, 2012 12:31 AM
Sold FY-21AP II Autopilot with AP117 OSD (latest version!) Mr.RC-CAM FPV Equipment (FS/W) 0 Oct 29, 2010 11:14 PM