SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:11 AM
I don't like your altitude
Joined Sep 2011
3,380 Posts
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXCX58&P=8
I've been using this stuff.Haven't done a lot of glassing,but I used it to balsa sheet some foam wings,and to make a lost foam fuse.Worked well for both jobs,sanding is good.30min work time,3hour cure.
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:41 AM
Air Assassin
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
That is the stuff I planned on using. I still have an almost full container of WBP that I would like to use before I go buy more stuff. And I gotta figure out the best weight for glass mat. I'm thinking 2oz should be best.
RogueAce is offline Find More Posts by RogueAce
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:57 AM
Air Assassin
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
Redesign work in progress with some headway being made. Taking a trip to LHS to pick up some smalls, and maybe the glassing materials. I still want to do something with the spare units I have while I decide on final NEW units and ESCs for Ronin. I saw an awesome plane that confirmed a design element that I wanted to use in the first Ronin, so I will be using it on #2.
Last edited by RogueAce; Feb 15, 2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:26 PM
Air Assassin
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
Picked up the Z-poxy resin and some 3/4oz cloth. Had to break the news of the Ronin's deconstruction to the guys at LHS. They all are looking forward to its rebirth. Gonna work on some more design changes as I build Sabre. Will be ordering new equip for Ronin prob Monday.
Last edited by RogueAce; Feb 17, 2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:33 PM
Air Assassin
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
Looking for input on a reliable , strong and wallet friendly 55mm EDF set-up.Remember I gotta get 3 ...or I could always rebuy exact same units as before and never go 4s on it. Thanx in advance
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:41 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
check don's RC. his stuff truly is "wicked". I stand behind his products because they are awesome and they work. they come balanced and completely plug and play. you can't beat them for the money. not sure if he has 55mm or not, but I bet he does.

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:18 AM
Air Assassin
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
Thanx Rich...I will check it out.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:17 AM
Air Assassin
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
I am still waiting on the replacement parts for the Meteor, after 3 weeks of waiting and sending in a order "ticket", and waiting for replies I finally heard that my order was mislableled...AND that the fuselage for the Meteor was out of stock. They will refund $ for fuse and send rest of parts. Their website still shows fuse as "IN STOCK" !! Now I must wait to hear a reply on if they will notify me when back in stock. Very disappointed in them....1st problem I've had w/them,but it is a BIG ONE!! Original order placed 2/7/2013.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:52 PM
Air Assassin
Joined Oct 2012
353 Posts
Just back from LHS where they sell the Habu2. Knowing that the Meteor is a Habu copy ,I figured that I could use a Habu fuse w/Meteor wing and tail section. NOPE!!! Wing could be slightly redesigned to work, but the tail section is not even close. So now I must wait on parts to come in so that I may order them.