HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:47 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,136 Posts
New Product
Walkera Super CP - Mixture of the Mini CP, Genius CP, and Super FP

This is a new 100 sized CP from Walkera that is based on the frame of the Mini CP, uses the motor of the Genius CP, and the servos of the Super FP.

1). Overall Length: 220mm
2). Main Rotor Dia. : 241mm
3). Tail Rotor Dia. : 42mm
4). All-up Weight: 45g (Battery included)
5). Main Brush Motor: 1220FC
6). Tail Brush Motor: 0615R
7). Transmitter (Optional): DEVO-6S/7/F7/12S/8S (not included)
8). Transmitter: DEVO 7E
9).Servo: wk-02-4;weight: 2.42g;speed: 0.12sec/60(3.0~4.5V);dimension: 16.5*6.8*15.7mm
10).Battery: 3.7V 240mAh Li-Po

http://9imod.com/index.php?main_page...oducts_id=2381

9imod.com-walkera Super CP test flight (3 min 1 sec)
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:39 AM
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Jul 2012
243 Posts
Mini CP and Super FP use the same frame. So what I'm seeing is a Super FP converted to a CP with a Genius CP motor upgrade.
Even the canopy is a Super FP with just the red letter CP added (red letters are just stuck on)

Interesting how they used the Supers servos (5 wire) over the Mini's. Proves people wright about they were up to something when they brought out the Super FP's style servos.
Rich Knapp is offline Find More Posts by Rich Knapp
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:41 AM
Austria
Joined Sep 2008
217 Posts
What are the differences between MCP's and SFP's servos?
helicopter_new is offline Find More Posts by helicopter_new
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:45 AM
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Jul 2012
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter_new View Post
What are the differences between MCP's and SFP's servos?
Super FP are 5 wire and Mini's are traditional 3. What the detailed reason for 5, I can't remember. I'm sure someone will chime in.
Rich Knapp is offline Find More Posts by Rich Knapp
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:52 AM
Austria
Joined Sep 2008
217 Posts
This is interesting because Wasp 100 nano cp's servos are also 5 wire. Maybe they are interchangeable.
Micro clan is getting bigger and bigger
helicopter_new is offline Find More Posts by helicopter_new
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:27 PM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
Super FP are 5 wire and Mini's are traditional 3. What the detailed reason for 5, I can't remember. I'm sure someone will chime in.
If i remember correctly, 5 wires servo are "dumb" as in they have no logic board in them, so the logic part of the servo management is integrated on the main board. This solution probably enables some weight saving, and makes more difficult to replace with an aftermarket/third party servos. Whereas 3 wired's do have their own logic board and thus are heavier, but you might have better luck in finding a 3rd party spare. Just my 2...
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:52 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,136 Posts
I am a bit disappointed with this release. What they have done is to replace the more powerful motor found in the Super FP with a less powerful motor for CP flight. This doesn't make much sense to me except they would to have a longer light time.

Also it appears the reason why the 4 wired servos were used was to save cost. This is so that can have a product that will compete directly with the V922 and the Wasp Nano CP. I was hoping that the servos would used in a smaller CP that would compete directly with the Blade Nano CPX.

I am not sure where exactly does the Super FP fit in relationship to the Genius CP and Mini CP. I hope we are not getting into the situation as we had with previous Walkera 120 models where there are a large number of models.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:25 AM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh View Post
If i remember correctly, 5 wires servo are "dumb" as in they have no logic board in them, so the logic part of the servo management is integrated on the main board. This solution probably enables some weight saving, and makes more difficult to replace with an aftermarket/third party servos. Whereas 3 wired's do have their own logic board and thus are heavier, but you might have better luck in finding a 3rd party spare. Just my 2...
I don't think there is a weight gain, since the plus wires and the larger plug probably weight at least as much.
It is to make it cheaper...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:11 PM
Serbia, Central Serbia, Belgrade
Joined Mar 2011
49 Posts
Is it 6 axis or 3 axis stabilization? As I recall that was the main drawback of Mini CP vs. Genius CP, otherwise Mini CP was the one to get, since it has stronger motor, more durable landing gear etc. What is Super CP bringing new relative to Mini CP?
jusjak is offline Find More Posts by jusjak
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:26 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjak View Post
Is it 6 axis or 3 axis stabilization? As I recall that was the main drawback of Mini CP vs. Genius CP, otherwise Mini CP was the one to get, since it has stronger motor, more durable landing gear etc. What is Super CP bringing new relative to Mini CP?
Firstly, don't believe everything that 9imod puts up on their site. They got the specs of the Master CP completely wrong initially. It won't make that much difference whether it is 6 axis or 3 axis stabilization as the new Walkera 6 axis gyros behaves more like a 3 axis gyro. Certainly, you can fly 3D with it.

The Super CP looks like a stripped down Mini CP to save cost. So that it can compete with the newer offerings such as V922 and Skyartec Wasp Nano 100. The way that it achieves cost savings are

1. Use of cheaper servos with no built in controller. Instead, the controlled is built into the main board.
2. No telemetry
3. Cheaper motor?

Otherwise, it is basically the same as the Mini CP and is unlikely to be an upgrade, just like the Ladybird V2 vs the Ladybird V1.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:59 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,072 Posts
Can't say as I really like this transition to cheaper versions with even more proprietary parts. They might catch the newchums with these releases but those who know the hardware are less likely to bite.
Like with the Genius CP2, where a few things could have been improved to make a great little CP, I don't see this one as an improvement on the Mini.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:14 PM
Serbia, Central Serbia, Belgrade
Joined Mar 2011
49 Posts
I see, thanks. Looks like downgraded version than.

Have you seen this mini review: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11335636.

I mainly look for spec at ehirobo site. Here is their comparison of Mini CP and Genius CP (now they add Genius V2 also): http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/RC-Helic...duct_info.html.

WHat is the main difference in 6 axis vs 3axis stab.; how does it differ in flight. I see that most other helis in this class have only 3 axis: v922, FBL100 etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Firstly, don't believe everything that 9imod puts up on their site. They got the specs of the Master CP completely wrong initially. It won't make that much difference whether it is 6 axis or 3 axis stabilization as the new Walkera 6 axis gyros behaves more like a 3 axis gyro. Certainly, you can fly 3D with it.

The Super CP looks like a stripped down Mini CP to save cost. So that it can compete with the newer offerings such as V922 and Skyartec Wasp Nano 100. The way that it achieves cost savings are

1. Use of cheaper servos with no built in controller. Instead, the controlled is built into the main board.
2. No telemetry
3. Cheaper motor?

Otherwise, it is basically the same as the Mini CP and is unlikely to be an upgrade, just like the Ladybird V2 vs the Ladybird V1.
jusjak is offline Find More Posts by jusjak
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:23 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjak View Post
I see, thanks. Looks like downgraded version than.

Have you seen this mini review: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11335636.

I mainly look for spec at ehirobo site. Here is their comparison of Mini CP and Genius CP (now they add Genius V2 also): http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/RC-Helic...duct_info.html.

WHat is the main difference in 6 axis vs 3axis stab.; how does it differ in flight. I see that most other helis in this class have only 3 axis: v922, FBL100 etc.
A 6 axis is more stable. 3 axis react much faster to stick input. It really depend on which type of flight you do and your own preference.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:01 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
Can't say as I really like this transition to cheaper versions with even more proprietary parts. They might catch the newchums with these releases but those who know the hardware are less likely to bite.
Like with the Genius CP2, where a few things could have been improved to make a great little CP, I don't see this one as an improvement on the Mini.
The main "improvement" is weight and the firmware inside the 4in1. It is 4g (wor!!!!) lighter. But if you consider the heli without battery only weight 35g, 4g is a lot. And they must done something to the firmware as It feel so much better than the mini cp I fly almost daily. The cyclic input is more direct come to the older micro's from walkera.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:50 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo View Post
... It feel so much better than the mini cp I fly almost daily. The cyclic input is more direct come to the older micro's from walkera.
Thank you for posting your impressions and experience with it so far.
While those things are pluses, they are not really what concerns me personally or what I was referring to in my post. As far as weight is concerned, there is always a happy medium between it and stability, smoothness. The lighter things are the more flitty they tend to become.
If you are happy with it, that's good, but please keep in mind that your situation is slightly different to the rest of us, we don't get hardware and parts at factory prices.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono