Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 09, 2013, 11:21 AM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Apr 2013
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCManiacPHCB13 View Post
Hey guys I actually had a quick question about the SkyWalker build. I finished the tail sectio and I want to start on the fuse today.

I want to be able to disassemble the boom from the fuse. It looks like if I glued it togather I would need to loosen 6 screws to slip the boom out (3 top 3 bottom). The holes in the fuse only allow access to the top three.

Did any of you drill more holes that line up or am I looking at all of this wrong?

I was thinking of just lightly tightening the 3 bottom screws with Locktite to keep them from slipping and when I insert/remove the boom I can just adjust the top 3 screws trough the holes.

Please let me know your suggestions or what you did.

Thanks!
Jake
We just use the top 3 screws. Works great. I think it's best to glue the boom to the tail section, then use the front for dismantling.
fliteevolution is offline Find More Posts by fliteevolution
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2013, 10:51 PM
Sheridan, WY, USA
Joined Jul 2003
248 Posts
Jake, I just messed around with it by tightening all the screws equally until it was REALLY tight and then backing off on the 3 that you can access through the pod, and then making sure the carbon rod slips out with just those three loosened (which it did).

Of course, that's all a moot point now that my carbon rod is busted in half (thanks to my wreck; for details see my build thread). Can anyone recommend the appropriate carbon boom replacement, where to get it, and how to cut it?

Thanks,

Sam
samhoff is offline Find More Posts by samhoff
Old May 11, 2013, 11:00 PM
Jake B.
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined Jun 2012
379 Posts
Ill look back on the thread, Its identical to a heli that you can get it from.

I will probably do that or just drill 3 holes to have access to all of the screws, their for I never have to worry. I really just need to make my decision so I can go ahead and begin glueing it together.

Jake
RCManiacPHCB13 is offline Find More Posts by RCManiacPHCB13
Old May 13, 2013, 04:37 AM
Joined Jul 2012
37 Posts
"Just when I thought I was out...They pull me back in!"

BEVRC will be releasing new "NASA DROOP" style wings. check their FB...

https://www.facebook.com/#!/BEVRC?fref=ts
Wiciman is offline Find More Posts by Wiciman
Old May 13, 2013, 04:54 AM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
FYI I received my SW Carbon Rod model from fpvmodel.com and it's perfect - no wing warp or anything
MrYum is offline Find More Posts by MrYum
Old May 14, 2013, 09:36 PM
United States, NY, Rockville Centre
Joined Oct 2012
89 Posts
Quote:
Geo, great to hear. I ended up getting a new SW from FPVModel the other day with the 1880 wing. Just a few minuets ago I recieved an email from Matt at BEVRC. A few days ago I emailed them and finally put my foot down. I had enough and seeig many people get replacement wings and I was just sitting with some warped wings and a crashed airplane. He just got back to me and said they will ship some replacements to me today!

Now I will have an 1880 wing, 1900 wing and an older, twisted 1900 wing that I kind of fixed. I think ill be set for a little while. Contact the BEVRC Support, BS back and forth with Linda telling her what your problem is lol and then she will have Matt contact you.

Jake
Jake,
Thanks for the info. I need to get back on BEVRC's case about my warped wings...It's been a long time.
B
geobduffy is offline Find More Posts by geobduffy
Old May 15, 2013, 09:05 AM
Joined Mar 2013
4 Posts
Guys. Flew my Skywalker in the calm before a brewing storm today when I really shouldn't be.. Sudden gust of wind blew it out of the sky and threw my beloved Skywalker into a ditch..its carbon fibre tail snapping in half with a loud crack

I had warped wings but managed to fix them with a little bending therapy and now it flies beautifully..not really willing to give up on this fella yet. Do you guys know where I can get a replacement tail CF rod?
shenghan is offline Find More Posts by shenghan
Old May 15, 2013, 12:40 PM
Im the eye In the sky
Denmark, Region Zealand, Jyderup
Joined Mar 2012
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenghan View Post
Guys. Flew my Skywalker in the calm before a brewing storm today when I really shouldn't be.. Sudden gust of wind blew it out of the sky and threw my beloved Skywalker into a ditch..its carbon fibre tail snapping in half with a loud crack

I had warped wings but managed to fix them with a little bending therapy and now it flies beautifully..not really willing to give up on this fella yet. Do you guys know where I can get a replacement tail CF rod?
Thats why I allways fly with an autopilot that can auto balance my plane!!
If there was a tornado It would still fly straight :-) ...
epedemi is offline Find More Posts by epedemi
Old May 16, 2013, 12:48 AM
Joined May 2011
369 Posts
Quote:
Do you guys know where I can get a replacement tail CF rod?
Can you find similar size here:
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/index.php...&y=-135&page=2
RocketMouse is offline Find More Posts by RocketMouse
Old May 16, 2013, 10:17 AM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Apr 2013
171 Posts
Quote:

You can try either of these places:

http://www.rcfoam.com/index.php?cPat...16c2d1d72ba1aa

http://goodwinds.com/

If you find the right size, it'll probably be stiffer and better quality. The OEM tail is pretty thin.
fliteevolution is offline Find More Posts by fliteevolution
Old May 16, 2013, 09:08 PM
Joined Mar 2013
4 Posts
@RocketMouse @fliteevolution Wow, thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by epedemi View Post
Thats why I allways fly with an autopilot that can auto balance my plane!!
If there was a tornado It would still fly straight :-) ...
I was flying in stabilize mode. but the gusts were too strong!
shenghan is offline Find More Posts by shenghan
Old May 17, 2013, 04:57 PM
Joined May 2011
369 Posts
You are welcome! Just be aware - goodluckbuy.com is also called goodbyeluck for it's poor service and shipping time! Sometimes they even send wrong items...
RocketMouse is offline Find More Posts by RocketMouse
Old May 17, 2013, 08:29 PM
Chile, Valparaiso, Via
Joined Nov 2012
85 Posts
Someone had install a RVOSD in your 2013 SW? May be we can share our set up to give us some feedback and ideas of how to install RX, OSD, batteries, etc.

Cheers!
RoMeRo is offline Find More Posts by RoMeRo
Old May 21, 2013, 08:08 PM
Jake B.
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined Jun 2012
379 Posts
Carbon Boom mod before glueing

Ok, I finally found some time to get back to work on my SW build. Basically I wanted to be able to break down my plane as small as possible but yet keep it very simple and strong.

Mod #3
After many long hours of thought I decided to put extra holes on the side of the fuselage to allow access for the carbon boom set screws.

I started with a very tiny drill bit and hand-drilled through the foam. I gradually increased the size until I got the the 1/4" bit. This matched the stock holes and was very easy and quick.

I then glued the halves together and tried out my mod. It is perfect.

I can insert the Boom and tail section smoothly into the fuse. I can then tighten the screws through the holes I made.

Once the boom is in, It is rock solid and feels permanent!

My next build update will be about the landing gear.
Jake
RCManiacPHCB13 is offline Find More Posts by RCManiacPHCB13
Old May 22, 2013, 03:20 AM
Sweden, Skne County
Joined Mar 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Ok, I finally found some time to get back to work on my SW build. Basically I wanted to be able to break down my plane as small as possible but yet keep it very simple and strong.

Mod #3
After many long hours of thought I decided to put extra holes on the side of the fuselage to allow access for the carbon boom set screws.

I started with a very tiny drill bit and hand-drilled through the foam. I gradually increased the size until I got the the 1/4" bit. This matched the stock holes and was very easy and quick.

I then glued the halves together and tried out my mod. It is perfect.

I can insert the Boom and tail section smoothly into the fuse. I can then tighten the screws through the holes I made.

Once the boom is in, It is rock solid and feels permanent!

My next build update will be about the landing gear.
Jake
Cool, I will be trying something like this as well when I get mine. But how does this work? Do the screws go through orange plastic first and then bite onto the carbon, or do they also go into the carbon?
isbeorn is offline Find More Posts by isbeorn