SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:05 PM
God is Good
TMAC4123's Avatar
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,130 Posts
Question
Blade 450x Or blade 300x?

Hey Everyone! Im finally looking to get into bigger helis. I have trex 250, Blade nano cpx, and blade 130x. I have all of the basic 3D down.

Im just looking into the 300x or the 450x. Im looking for Pro's and Con's about both! All information is helpfull! Thanks in advance to everyone and have a wonderfull christmas!

Tristen
TMAC4123 is online now Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:06 PM
www.rctodayshow.com
JustPlaneChris's Avatar
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2005
11,509 Posts
Tristen, unless you just like the size of the 300X, I would say go ahead and get the 450X. You will have a wider selection of aftermarket blades, motors, and batteries. Plus, it's a more seasoned design with fewer issues. The 300X flies well, but the 450X is a bit better.

Chris
JustPlaneChris is online now Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:46 AM
God is Good
TMAC4123's Avatar
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris View Post
Tristen, unless you just like the size of the 300X, I would say go ahead and get the 450X. You will have a wider selection of aftermarket blades, motors, and batteries. Plus, it's a more seasoned design with fewer issues. The 300X flies well, but the 450X is a bit better.

Chris

Thanks Chris! I apreciate the feedback!
TMAC4123 is online now Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Just went through this decision, myself. Went with the 450X.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:48 PM
God is Good
TMAC4123's Avatar
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhenderson View Post
Just went through this decision, myself. Went with the 450X.
I'm ordering the 450x tomorrow!
TMAC4123 is online now Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC4123 View Post
I'm ordering the 450x tomorrow!
I really, really like the size of the 300X, but I already have a 4503D and have quite the stash of spare parts (all except head parts are compatible), carbon fiber blades and batteries. Overall cost of ownership will be cheaper for me with the 450X. The 300X with two sets of carbon blades puts it within 10-15% of the 450X price and I'd still need a pile of batteries for it. Plus, I don't have to switch any connectors over other than soldering on Deans on the 450X ESC.

I'll probably get a 300X down the road. I keep hearing that it takes almost as much space to fly as a 450. I can't comfortably have any fun with my 4503D at home, so if I have to drive to a field, I might as well get the bigger heli.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Last edited by harryhenderson; Dec 16, 2012 at 06:05 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:02 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
deleted...double post...
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:21 PM
God is Good
TMAC4123's Avatar
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhenderson View Post
I really, really like the size of the 300X, but I already have a 4503D and have quite the stash of spare parts (all except head parts are compatible), carbon fiber blades and batteries. Overall cost of ownership will be cheaper for me with the 450X. The 300X with two sets of carbon blades puts it within 10-15% of the 450X price and I'd still need a pile of batteries for it. Plus, I don't have to switch any connectors over other than soldering on Deans on the 450X ESC.

I'll probably get a 300X down the road. I keep hearing that it takes almost as much space to fly as a 450. I can't comfortably have any fun with my 4503D at home, so if I have to drive to a field, I might as well get the bigger heli.
I just like the idea of the 450 because the wide variety of parts you can get
TMAC4123 is online now Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 09:00 PM
Registered User
Gulf Coast
Joined Nov 2002
348 Posts
When the 300 first came out there were reports of issues with vibrations- leading to main shaft failures. I was also worried that it would be unstable since it lacked the flybars I grew up with.

I had a hard time deciding if I should take a chance on it but I am glad I did.
To date I have had zero problems with my 300 and I would say it's probably the most stable and easy to fly bird I have ever flown. I wonder if HH did something to fix the later ones as mine has been perfect so far.

That said it's Christmas so my present this year is a 450x. Probably next week before it arrives so i can't comment on it just yet. Just hope it's as smooth as the 300 is.

The 300 is great and I hope I can say the same thing about the 450 next week.

Good luck with whatever you decide!!
fletch is offline Find More Posts by fletch
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:12 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch View Post
When the 300 first came out there were reports of issues with vibrations- leading to main shaft failures.
And, there still are problems. Plus, the frame flexing and the motor can chewing into the front servo link. And, these vibrations (motor related) causing the AR7200BX to wig out and dart off to the right randomly. Exactly why I went with the tried and true 450X instead. You might not have had these problems with yours (yet?), but they're still ongoing and widely documented on the forums.

Quote:
That said it's Christmas so my present this year is a 450x.
Excellent choice.
harryhenderson - crvnation is offline Find More Posts by harryhenderson - crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:09 AM
God is Good
TMAC4123's Avatar
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jan 2011
1,130 Posts
I got the 450x and love it!
TMAC4123 is online now Find More Posts by TMAC4123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Icon A5 Lights!
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:59 AM
Registered User
Gulf Coast
Joined Nov 2002
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhenderson View Post
And, there still are problems. Plus, the frame flexing and the motor can chewing into the front servo link. And, these vibrations (motor related) causing the AR7200BX to wig out and dart off to the right randomly. Exactly why I went with the tried and true 450X instead. You might not have had these problems with yours (yet?), but they're still ongoing and widely documented on the forums.
To be honest I was terrified to fly mine at first because of everything I had read on the forums. You should see my first vid of me trying to take off in my den! And HH did themselves no favors by remaining silent on the issue. They should have at leas said something.

But truth is not everyone has had problems Some say they have had 100's of flights with no problems. And one rumor is HH has changed the main shaft.
some people bought the $10 frame braces and never had another problem. I have them and have yet to install them as I see no signs of vibration or wear on the front links. I also have the new "good" motor on the way as the factory one sometimes has vibration issues so I have it if it's ever needed. But won't I have to replace the 450 motor/servos as well for same vibration bearing issues?

Guess what I am saying is I don't mind putting a few bucks in a bird to make it more reliable if it has proven itself to be a fun flyer like my 300 has and hopefully my 450 will be the same way!


Goblin looks like one finely engineered machine, probably only matched by schluter. But I can have just as much fun with my smaller birds and not worry as much if I crash it. So I put a little money in my cheap birds to make them a bit more durable and then have me a reliable fun, not too $$$ bird collection!

Now hurry up ups man...I am ready to fly my 450!!

Quote:
Excellent choice.
fletch is offline Find More Posts by fletch
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! 300x or 450x minkyboodle Electric Heli Talk 18 Aug 09, 2013 12:28 PM
My FBL Trex 250 for a 300X or 450X snackdaddy185 Non R/C Items (FS/W) 2 Nov 17, 2012 01:26 AM
Wanted Trade my Blade 450X for your 300X snackdaddy185 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Nov 12, 2012 02:09 PM
Found Eflite Blade 300x Or 450X boatdoc Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 4 Sep 15, 2012 11:58 AM
Link Blade 300x & Blade 450x side by side comparison Diesel6401 Electric Heli Talk 3 Jul 26, 2012 07:15 PM