180 Posts
anyone PLEASE!
COOLDOG is offline Find More Posts by COOLDOG
Old Dec 14, 2003, 10:08 PM
Wilsonville, OR, USA
Joined Mar 2000
792 Posts
A might bit impatient are we?

The only link I have is www.slow-flyer.net . For some reason babelfish does not work for translating this site. I don't see any price listed however so it may not be available as a kit. ???
Keith Watson is offline Find More Posts by Keith Watson
Old Dec 14, 2003, 10:26 PM
Fly like an... airplane?
Milford, NJ
Joined Oct 2002
683 Posts
yeah man calm down!! it hasn't even been two hours since you first posted.

(start pleading if you have no replies for a week)
mike98624 is offline Find More Posts by mike98624
Old Dec 15, 2003, 02:00 AM
Kentucky
Joined Dec 2003
1,744 Posts
English translation of slow-flyer.net

Just checked their site and saw an English-option. You can get more info on their Extra plane this way, but the site won't let you order yet in English (still in process of building, I guess). It is an ARF, and the price looks low compared to the US websites that import and sell the stuff over here. Sent them an e-mail to see if they'll ship to the U.S.

Those are some sweet, sweet planes. They mould them out of depron, like the Genie at nesail.com. I saw a site in Holland that explained how they made them. Nice-looking Depron planes and "indestructible" epp planes are going to drive us electric guys crazy. In a few months it's going to be hard to choose which ones to buy!
Johnny B is offline Find More Posts by Johnny B
Old Dec 15, 2003, 03:34 AM
germany
Joined Jun 2003
16 Posts
Hi !

I'm the constructor of the Monsoon.

There will be kits available, also for shipping into US, but it takes a little time until I've finished the development of the kits, some CAD/CAM work for the accessoiries a.s.o.

There is a first try of an English version online at http://www.slow-flyer.com/temp/english , but no infos about the Monsoon so far. Only the "history" part and the page about the Extra is online, but not finished.

I have much too less time at the moment, I'm just a student who tries to get a little money for his hobby and the request is simply too huge in the last month...

Regards,

Sascha
fliegener is offline Find More Posts by fliegener
Old Dec 15, 2003, 07:07 PM
Kentucky
Joined Dec 2003
1,744 Posts
Sascha,

"Build it, and they will come." Keep me on your email list. I'd love to pick up one of those Extra's if/when you have them to ship to U.S. Great work!
Johnny B is offline Find More Posts by Johnny B
Old Dec 15, 2003, 09:00 PM
Joined Dec 2002
180 Posts
Thanks ALOT guys !! sorry to be pushy but I saw all the other guys having responses the same night . but I'm sorry. I am am very excited about getting a mosoon! When they are ready to ship to the US I would appreciate it if you all would start a new topic for it. I think it would be awesome if we could combine
EPP with something like a monsoon but the plane is so great I'll take it in deopreme. Is it going to come with all the nice carbon fiber push rods and I guess you would call it a wing
tube I don't know I have never seen wings plug in like that on an electric but it sure is AWESOME!
Old Dec 15, 2003, 09:21 PM
Joined Dec 2002
180 Posts
and What are the chances that it mite come in a pre-painted version and if so just to lessen my chances even more will it maby come in something like Alex Kammerer's paint scheme? Thanks

LATER DAYS
Old Dec 16, 2003, 07:25 AM
germany
Joined Jun 2003
16 Posts
Hi !

Here you can find an automatic translation of the Monsoon-page:

http://translate.google.com/translat...m/monsoon.html

Quote:
if we could combine
EPP with something like a monsoon but the plane is so great I'll take it in deopreme. Is it going to come with all the nice carbon fiber push rods
The performance of a plane like the Monsoon won't be possible with EPP structure, I suppose. It isn't stiff enough to perform precise F3A-I aerobatics. Also the surface is possibly too rough. The Monsoon is made for competition and needs not to resist every crash, but because of it's lightness it won't take a lot of damage if you touch a wall or something (not frontal, of course ;-)))

The accessoiries in the kit won't be the same as that made for the 2 prototypes of Alex and me. It is too much work to put them in the kit. But there will be CNC-made plywood and carbon parts which are absolutely good enough. Infos in a few weeks at slow-flyer.com .

Painting: I don't know if I can offer it. There is a drop scheme available for the New Fun Extra. I don't know if the Monsoon colour scheme is made fast enough so can offer it...

Regards,

Sascha
Old Dec 16, 2003, 07:39 AM
veni,vidi, roto volubilis
Aberdeen, Scotland
Joined Jul 2003
6,972 Posts
is this the same plane that Alex Kammerer won the german indoor championship with?

phil

[edit]
after reading the translated web page i have found out that it is in fact the same plane
[/edit]
Happy|Harry is offline Find More Posts by Happy|Harry
Last edited by Happy|Harry; Dec 16, 2003 at 07:45 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2003, 09:23 AM
Joined Dec 2002
180 Posts
Thanks alot for your reply! Oh ok I understand that epp would be too flexible. It also understandable that painting would take too much time. But can the kit come without any kind of wood installed so we can have an option of using all carbon fiber like the prototypes? I have a hacker with a 3 cell 1900 pack will this be a good setup and flying mostly uplines about how long of a run time could I expect? Thanks again.

LATER DAYS
Old Dec 16, 2003, 12:37 PM
germany
Joined Jun 2003
16 Posts
Hi !

At first I will develop the standard kit. Then we can talk about tuning . But I don't think I have the time to produce all this carbon parts. There will be carbon parts in the kit, but not so much how shown in the prototypes...

3 cells 1900 are much to heavy. I use 2 x 350 !

Which Hacker is it, the B20-S will be at the limit with his weight, but possible, the B20-L is to heavy.

Regards,

Sascha
Old Dec 16, 2003, 01:02 PM
Wilsonville, OR, USA
Joined Mar 2000
792 Posts
Are there any videos of the Monsoon?
Keith Watson is offline Find More Posts by Keith Watson