HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor_Racer View Post
I don't think anyone here is part of the paid program - we know there are many bad parts of HK also. We are just here to balance the constant "THIS IS A CONSPIRACY HK IS OUT TO STEAL OUR MONEYZ"
HK ran a ad to hire people to promote HK and their products on the RC forums but none of these paid promoters are on the RCG forum. Yah right.
It's soo obvious they're here In Force.
"THIS IS A CONSPIRACY HK IS OUT TO STEAL OUR MONEYZ" You credit this quote to me so PROVIDE A LINK TO WHERE I SAID THAT. Spin, Misquote, Spin, Misquote, Spin, Misquote..
I am here to balance the constant Paid and unpaid promotion of a company that I believe uses very questionable marketing techniques to sell their products. I am also here to help HK customers that have run into the CS brick wall when trying to resolve problems with HK.
Most importantly, I will support other users that unfairly get attacked on these forums. I have the right to post whatever and wherever I choose on the RCG forum just like everyone else. I try my best to follow RCG rules. Anyone that doesn't wish to hear what I have to say can simply put me on their ignore list.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:10 PM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buracho2 View Post
I'm afraid you have me very confused and perhaps you can enlighten me. It seems that if the helicopter is restrained, as in held down, then it does not move when poer is applied. If the gyro does not sense any mevement then what exactly is it correcting for?
The tail rotor should also not try to correct if there is no movement so unless I am missing something I think Andyclayton has very good case that this heli is not fuctioning correctly.
If the heli was perfectly restrained and gyros had no error (measured perfectly) then yes there would be nothing to correct for. But over time there is error. That is why the cyclic didn't pitch back immediately when Andy throttled up. Only after an extended period of throttling at 1:35 did the error build up enough to be noticable. If the heli was not restrained, the heli would have tilted slightly and the controller would be OK and stop commanding the servos to tilt more.

The tail rotor does show correction. You can see when Andy spins up harder the entire craft jerks CCW and the tail rotor begins to spin, but then it stops rotating and the motor stops.

The same stuff happens with my Solo pro 100 3d. If you do a long takeoff - like skidding on the ground about to lift off, the skidding messes with the gyros and makes them correct too much and you crash. To take off I need to punch the throttle a bit to get a hop into the air, so theres no ground to mess up the heli.

And again with the tail, when I first throttle up the heli spins around like four times until the tail finds the sweet spot of holding and it keeps that. Since Andys tail is restricted from moving, the sweet spot is just not spinning the tail rotor at all.

When you hear andy say something along the lines of "I'm giving right rudder --- and now the tail is at full throttle" - that is a sign that it's working properly. When you give rudder, even just a little bit, you are telling the controller "move the tail at 20 degrees/s" or something like that. The controller then spins the tail rotor up to obtain that 20 degrees/s, but since the heli is restrained, even at full throttle on the tail, the controller can't reach that 20 degrees/s.

TL;DR: Just let the heli freeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
Last edited by Razor_Racer; Dec 29, 2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:59 PM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buracho2 View Post
I'm afraid you have me very confused and perhaps you can enlighten me. It seems that if the helicopter is restrained, as in held down, then it does not move when poer is applied. If the gyro does not sense any mevement then what exactly is it correcting for?
The tail rotor should also not try to correct if there is no movement so unless I am missing something I think Andyclayton has very good case that this heli is not fuctioning correctly.
John (Topspin, I'm assuming thats who you are as you were banned previously under "Buracho"), you are not understanding. It is sensing limited movement (rate change) as can be clearly seen in the vids, trying to correct and then getting lost because it's not free to do it's thing.

Andy, Judging by what I see the unit may or may not be "broke". I still suspect it's not broken. Do you have anyone who is experienced with small flybarless helicopters locally that can look at it?

Valanti, who is paid by HK? You keep saying this over and over and over based on an add HK ran to employ staff via their human resources department where nothing was said about being covert or undercover. It simply was an offer of employment. Provide names to SSC if you think otherwise?

Mark
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; Dec 30, 2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:13 PM
Joined Jul 2012
244 Posts
just an update for you all, I took the heli to the local hobby store, they confirmed its naff, the paypal disputes worked despite HK trying to shut my disputes down at every possible minute. i sent the heli back to the address that hobbyking provided paypal, i got a full refund but lost the 25 gbp to send it back. however through the paypal dispute i was refunded the postage i paid for them to send it (in this case 147 dollars total)their returns policy says they do not refund any postage yet i got this back with paypal. turns out hobby king gave paypal a naff address, the heli just turned up back at my house 2 weeks later as "address does not exist" Anyone reading this now with HK issue, raise your paypal dispute and no matter what HK tell you do not close it.
Andyclayton is offline Find More Posts by Andyclayton
Last edited by Andyclayton; Jan 10, 2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Andyclayton, Glad to here everything worked out for you. It took a while but I beleive you would still be waiting if you had not opened the Paypal dispute.
Moral of story. Use Payal and open a dispute early and do Not close it until setteled.
Be aware. There is a certain bunch that hates on people who post bad experiences with hobbyking. Makes you wonder why or is it just a case of jumping on the band wagon.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Last edited by valanti256; Jan 10, 2013 at 01:32 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:24 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,855 Posts
Was the throttle trim set fully down when you re-bound and was it fully down when you tried flying it?

By the way they always refund the postage you initially paid, they don't refund the postage to return.

Mark
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:04 AM
Joined Jul 2012
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
Was the throttle trim set fully down when you re-bound and was it fully down when you tried flying it?

By the way they always refund the postage you initially paid, they don't refund the postage to return.

Mark
hey mark yes the throttle trim is fully down

i cant figure out if its the transmitter programmed wrong or the board on the heli, dont think theres any chance of fixing it, not too bothered now i have the refund though, anything else i can try?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:20 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,855 Posts
Not much else to suggest. I'd say try binding to a 9X if you had one to see if it's a TX problem. I think they bind to the 9x from memory I think there were instructions in the files tab on the product page.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:38 PM
Joined Jul 2012
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
Not much else to suggest. I'd say try binding to a 9X if you had one to see if it's a TX problem. I think they bind to the 9x from memory I think there were instructions in the files tab on the product page.
thanks i might take it to a hobby store now and see if they can get it bind, if not i plan to get the mcpx so i could use for spare parts do you think?